Project X HZRDUS Silver Shaft

I just picked up a Pardym 3HL with the Silver 60/5.5 and while I'm still getting aquainted with it, I'm finding it to have a smooth feel and great feedback.
Unlike others in the HZRDUS line, which always lacked feel to me. I could swing them as hard as I wanted, though.
I just ordered a Heavenwood w/ the Kai'ili blue 60 reg, so I'll get to compare those 2.

Last edited:
I just picked up a Pardym 3HL with the Silver 60/5.5 and while I'm still getting aquainted with it, I'm finding it to have a smooth feel and great feedback.
Unlike others in the HZRDUS line, which always lacked feel to me. I could swing them as hard as I wanted, though.
I just ordered a Heavenwood w/ the Kai'ili blue 60 reg, so I'll get to compare those 2.

Hi can you translate the Silver 5.5 into Calaway verbiage? Meaning the website uses "regular" or "stiff", not 5.5. I THINK the 5.5=regular, but can you verify please? thx!

Hi can you translate the Silver 5.5 into Calaway verbiage? Meaning the website uses "regular" or "stiff", not 5.5. I THINK the 5.5=regular, but can you verify please? thx!
5.5 in the Hzrdus line is regular. The Hzrdus line, particularly Black, played stiff to designated flex imo, but this Silver seems to fit right into the traditional designations.

5.5 in the Hzrdus line is regular. The Hzrdus line, particularly Black, played stiff to designated flex imo, but this Silver seems to fit right into the traditional designations.
You are correct, and I'm finding that the Silver may even play on the softer side.
I wonder if anyone else thinks the same?

You are correct, and I'm finding that the Silver may even play on the softer side.
I wonder if anyone else thinks the same?
It seems like the lines blur between the flexes. It certainly doesn’t play stiff to flex (at least to me). There are so many variables that come into play, but I think my 6.0 in my driver and 5 wood feel like a stiff shaft.

Love this shaft so far, was great in the 3w and so far in the driver, can't wait to keep testing it out!

Love this shaft so far, was great in the 3w and so far in the driver, can't wait to keep testing it out!
looks like you have a Kai'li blue 50S as well? sorry if I missed it but how do Kai'li Blue 50S and HZRDUS Silver compare? I went Kai'li Blue in my driver and of course am now really even more curious about Silver. LOL

looks like you have a Kai'li blue 50S as well? sorry if I missed it but how do Kai'li Blue 50S and HZRDUS Silver compare? I went Kai'li Blue in my driver and of course am now really even more curious about Silver. LOL
I'm playing the silver in the Paradygm test head right now, waiting on the Kai'li to ship to me with the new club. But I'll be happy to compare them both shortly!

Tried Silver again the other day on the range. Only lasted five swings. Couldn’t get the timing down and lost the feel of the head. Didn’t want to adjust my swing to a shaft just to make it work. I may throw it in and just get a round in to see what happens overall, but it might just not be a shaft for me. Which is totally okay

My finger is hovering over the selection of REG or STIFF for a 3 wood HL....want to order it in time for the June trade in deal.
I know the proper answer is get fit......that being said, any suggestions? Driver carry is ~235. SS 96/97 ish.

My finger is hovering over the selection of REG or STIFF for a 3 wood HL....want to order it in time for the June trade in deal.
I know the proper answer is get fit......that being said, any suggestions? Driver carry is ~235. SS 96/97 ish.
Based on driver swing speed, and there are other factors, as you know, I would go 6.0. The Silver is not hard to load.

So I just got my callaway paradym night mode with “limited edition” blackout shaft. I ordered the SILVER hazrds 50g 5.5 black out version. I am confused on what I actually got because the label on the shaft says LOW SPIN? I thought this special blacked out SILVER shaft should be medium spin? TTlogan @TT_Logan can you help explain. I can not find the shaft specs anywhere online. Please see attached

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So I just got my callaway paradym night mode with “limited edition” blackout shaft. I ordered the SILVER hazrds 50g 5.5 black out version. I am confused on what I actually got because the label on the shaft says LOW SPIN? I thought this special blacked out SILVER shaft should be medium spin? TTlogan @TT_Logan can you help explain. I can not find the shaft specs anywhere online. Please see attached
Hey Deez,

I would reach out to Callaway as they should have the best answer for this situation. I am not read in much on this product so I would check with them to make sure you receive the right info!

I have to come back into this thread and say that this shaft remains a really good match for my swing. The Silver 50 didn’t work for me at all, but the Silver 60 is fantastic in my driver and 70 is also really good in my 5 wood.

I have to come back into this thread and say that this shaft remains a really good match for my swing. The Silver 50 didn’t work for me at all, but the Silver 60 is fantastic in my driver and 70 is also really good in my 5 wood.
What was the biggest difference for you between the 50 and 60?

Better than the tensei 50 in your signature?

What was the biggest difference for you between the 50 and 60?
I have puzzled about that question. I think it comes down to what @vgolfman has stated. I can produce consistent strikes with the 60, but, for some reason, I don’t deliver the club to the ball squarely with the 50 with consistency. I tried both the 50 and the 60 in the same head (Paradym Triple D) and I would hit high right, spinny shots far too often with the 50. I usually adjust well to lighter driver shafts, but for me, there was quite a difference with the 50 that didn’t work. I never got on a launch monitor to see how I was delivering the club differently, but I clearly was.

Better than the tensei 50 in your signature?
It is hard to say for sure, because the Silver is in a Paradym head and the Tensei White 50 is in a TSR3 head. However, I think that I deliver the two shafts in a similar way, although they feel different to me. I wouldn’t normally say this about a Hzrdus shaft, but the Silver feels a bit smoother to me than the Tensei White. On the course, I am having pretty equal success with both drivers, including distance, ball flight and consistency.

I have puzzled about that question. I think it comes down to what @vgolfman has stated. I can produce consistent strikes with the 60, but, for some reason, I don’t deliver the club to the ball squarely with the 50 with consistency. I tried both the 50 and the 60 in the same head (Paradym Triple D) and I would hit high right, spinny shots far too often with the 50. I usually adjust well to lighter driver shafts, but for me, there was quite a difference with the 50 that didn’t work. I never got on a launch monitor to see how I was delivering the club differently, but I clearly was.
Shaft weight, yes even 10-ish grams, can be a factor on how and/or how consistently a player delivers the club head and why for some players, it can be as important, if not more so, than flex.

Last edited:
happened into a 50g 6.0

shouldnt probably fit me on paper, but who knows.
I am not sure why, but the 50 did not work for me at all, but the 60 is fantastic, as are the 70 that I have in a 5 wood and the 75 that I have in a hybrid.

I am not sure why, but the 50 did not work for me at all, but the 60 is fantastic, as are the 70 that I have in a 5 wood and the 75 that I have in a hybrid.
Yeah the 50 is really light. Completely lost feeling of the head. Curious how much weight I might have to add to the head to get it back.

Back