Project X HZRDUS Silver Shaft

I liked it a lot on my first outing with it yesterday (50g 5.5). I've tried 3 other shafts in the Paradym X head and the HZRDUS Silver is the one I like best out of all of them.
That's great. It is smooth.

This is proper internet golfer lunatic fringe right here, love it 🤣

Hilarious. So good! I didn't even think twice writing that either. Lol (y)

It's twice, you mention it twice as a winner, and then follow it up with couple more to try.... 🤣
I know. LOL. I love the diagnosis of Lunatic Fringe. Thanks, Doctor.

Interesting. I wonder if these and the new generation of HZRDUS Red are riffs of the Evenflow line they seem to have discontinued.

Hi,

Logan from True Temper here. So this shaft is actually not a play from our Evenflow line. It is our HZRDUS line where we never really had a mid launching, smoother tempo shaft. Project X has always been known for fast and stiff. We wanted to broaden our amazing HZRDUS line with a new mid launch mid spin for more of our fans to enjoy.

Hi,

Logan from True Temper here. So this shaft is actually not a play from our Evenflow line. It is our HZRDUS line where we never really had a mid launching, smoother tempo shaft. Project X has always been known for fast and stiff. We wanted to broaden our amazing HZRDUS line with a new mid launch mid spin for more of our fans to enjoy.
You nailed it. I've never been a HZRDUS fan. I'm old, slower swing speed etc.... At ECPC I was very surprised with the silver.

They're amazing for my swing, so if you're not the demographic previous HZRDUS shafts were marketed at, don't hesitate to try these!!!!!

Last edited:
Given that I didn't really get along with the HZRDUS line, this sure sounds like a shaft that I'd be interested in trying!

You nailed it. I've never been a HZRDUS fan. I'm old, slower swing speed etc.... At ECPC I was very surprised with the silver.

They're amazing for my swing, so if you're not the demographic previous HZRDUS shafts were marketed at, don't hesitate to try these!!!!!
Very true. I'm older with a slower swing, and the HZRDUS Black was a terrible profile match for me - I didn't like the feel or the performance. That's not a criticism of the shaft, I'm just not the kind of golfer it's targeted at. The Silver is a completely different animal, feels amazing and works very well for my swing.

Maybe a stupid question, but I'm always confused by the Project X numbering.
I tested the Paradym driver with a Hzrdus Silver 50 g stiff. Would that be 5.5 or 6.0 flex?

By the way, it was a great match!

I tested the Paradym driver with a Hzrdus Silver 50 g stiff. Would that be 5.5 or 6.0 flex?

50 is the weight regular would be 5.5 and stiff 6.0

As @JW Smoove indicated, the 50 refers to the weight. The Silver 50 weighs 52 grams. The Silver 60 6.0 (stiff) weighs 62 grams. However, the 60 holds up much better to a little more aggressive swing than the 50, imo.

Right now, I would have to say that the Silver is a pretty good match for my swing. I never got along fantastically with RipTide and have enjoyed the Hzrdus line, but Black is becoming a bit much for me as I age. I have had good success with Blue, though. I am not sure exactly where Silver fits in the lineup, although all of the information indicates that it is mid spin, rather than low spin. Anyway, it feels really comfortable to me.

The ball flight with the 60 6.0 in driver is perfect. I haven’t had it on the launch monitor, but to my eye, the spin is in a very playable range. The driver even feels comfortable enough that I must be releasing it really well, because 104 mph swing speed is really top end for me. That should be yielding 153-ish ball speed and for where I am in my golf path, that is super good.

C39ABC11-F08B-4E02-846F-2B957DD4891B.jpeg

I really believe that this shaft could fit a lot of players who have decent, but not top end swing speed.

Right now, I would have to say that the Silver is a pretty good match for my swing. I never got along fantastically with RipTide and have enjoyed the Hzrdus line, but Black is becoming a bit much for me as I age. I have had good success with Blue, though. I am not sure exactly where Silver fits in the lineup, although all of the information indicates that it is mid spin, rather than low spin. Anyway, it feels really comfortable to me.

The ball flight with the 60 6.0 in driver is perfect. I haven’t had it on the launch monitor, but to my eye, the spin is in a very playable range. The driver even feels comfortable enough that I must be releasing it really well, because 104 mph swing speed is really top end for me. That should be yielding 153-ish ball speed and for where I am in my golf path, that is super good.

View attachment 9179445

I really believe that this shaft could fit a lot of players who have decent, but not top end swing speed.
Love to hear that! It sounds like that kick in that shaft is working great with your swing. I am so happy to hear that! Nothing like finding a shaft that just makes you more confident and gives you the feel you're looking for!

I went and bought the Paradym with Hzrdus Silver 50g in stiff.
It's a great combination, also for a veteran like me who has played regular shafts last 10 years.
The fact that it is light gives me 3-5 mph more club speed compared to my old PING (lighter club head too),
and stiff flex gives me control (very little side spin).

I went and bought the Paradym with Hzrdus Silver 50g in stiff.
It's a great combination, also for a veteran like me who has played regular shafts last 10 years.
The fact that it is light gives me 3-5 mph more club speed compared to my old PING (lighter club head too),
and stiff flex gives me control (very little side spin).
What's your swing speed?

Now I get 93-95.

The Hzrdus Silver 60 6.0 is a super good driver shaft for me. One of the things that I look for now is whether the shaft feels difficult to load at the end of a round. As I age, I sometimes find that a shaft that is working well at the beginning of a round is not necessarily working well at the end of the round. Today, the Silver felt great through the final hole. I hit two of my best drives on 17 and 18. I have not seen actual numbers with this shaft, but the ball flight and roll out are optimal, so I am sure the numbers are pretty much peak for me.

Last edited:
I bought a silver and haven’t tried it after one bad round. I need to remedy this now that I can actually swing a driver properly again

The Hzrdus Silver 60 6.0 is a super good driver shaft for me. One of the things that I look for now is whether the shaft feels difficult to load at the end of a round. As I age, I sometimes find that a shaft that is working well at the beginning of a round is not necessarily working well at the end of the round. Today, the Silver felt great right until the end. I hit two of my best drives on 17 and 18. I have not seen actual numbers with this shaft, but the ball flight and roll out are optimal, so I am sure the numbers are pretty much peak for me.

That's a good point. I often lose my posture and balance towards the end of a round. Especially for the drives, that can be costly.

Silver 60 was too much for me, but the 50 is perfect for my swing. I also had some great drives on the back-nine yesterday.

Back