Project X LZ Steel Shafts

Just picked up a set with 6.0 lzs. Coming from px flighted 6.0 I'm Interested in the results. I may have to adjust the swingweights. Or lengthen the irons to 1/2" long as that what my current irons are and they have more heft then my new irons. Getting the loft and lies checked before I play them this weekend.

Last edited:
Just picked up a se with 6.0 lzs. Coming from px flighted 6.0 I'm Interested in the results. I may have to adjust the swingweights. Or lengthen the irons to 1/2" long as that what my current irons are and they have more heft then my new irons. Getting the loft and lies checked before I play them this weekend.
First thing you’ll notice is a kick and not the feeling of rebar! Haha

I’m eager to hear how it goes for you!

Gonna play em tomorrow after I pick em up from shop. They ended up being 2 degrees upright. Not 2 degrees flat like I was told. Good thing I checked. Put em to stock specs since they're 1/2" shorter then my current clubs. Will let know what I think

Played my first 18 holes with these shafts. Coming from px flighted 6.0 I didnt notice a difference in height compared to the lz 6.0. Much smoother feeling though. And the kick through the ball felt fine to me. I'm not a huge shaft loader. Didnt have a great ball striking day. Alot of thin shots. I think due to the length change in my irons. Another round tomorrow.

Digging up an old thread as these are in heavy consideration in a new build.

I was a huge fan of them when I had them in play. Got fit into Elevate Tours after losing all ability to hit a golf ball, but have been wanting to try them again. They'll be getting a shot next fitting I do.

These are my favorite steel shafts but I have made the switch to graphite

Really enjoying these things this season, and pretty glad I went with them in the SMS Pros. I don’t really have to work very hard to get really nice launch, and I’m seeing the ball flights I want. Got to try them in a different set of irons last night and the results were the exact same, and wouldn’t hesitate to order them in my next set. I was pretty set on playing graphite at the end of last year, but I like the feel of these.

Really enjoying these things this season, and pretty glad I went with them in the SMS Pros. I don’t really have to work very hard to get really nice launch, and I’m seeing the ball flights I want. Got to try them in a different set of irons last night and the results were the exact same, and wouldn’t hesitate to order them in my next set. I was pretty set on playing graphite at the end of last year, but I like the feel of these.
It's a great feeling when it comes off and is just right where you felt it should! Love to hear it!

It's a great feeling when it comes off and is just right where you felt it should! Love to hear it!
If I want the same feel down the rest of the bag as the 6.0’s, which wedge shaft should I look at?

If I want the same feel down the rest of the bag as the 6.0’s, which wedge shaft should I look at?
I would recommend possibly doing the same shaft in the wedges. Maybe try the difference in a 6.0 and a 5.5.

Considering the 6.5s hard stepped to try and keep the spin down just a smidge.

Considering the 6.5s hard stepped to try and keep the spin down just a smidge.
That would for sure help wit a penetrating ball flight and spin staying down.

Dropped a set off at the build shop this week to get a set of the LZ black edition installed in them, making it my 3rd set with these. I like the feel, I like the flight, and I don’t know if I’d want to switch it up in the future unless I found an option that was as good or better. I’m curious to see how the black holds up to scratching etc, anyone have any experience with this?

Dropped a set off at the build shop this week to get a set of the LZ black edition installed in them, making it my 3rd set with these. I like the feel, I like the flight, and I don’t know if I’d want to switch it up in the future unless I found an option that was as good or better. I’m curious to see how the black holds up to scratching etc, anyone have any experience with this?
I have black in a set of MP20 mbs and it held up great. Played them for a season with no issues. Have a black vokey t grind with the black shaft (Batman wedge) I played since normal folks could order them and the shaft is not showing any wear of anything from the bag rub.

Back