Project X LZ Steel Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

attachment.php

From Don from PX (copied from later in the thread)

This is a steel shaft with a loading zone profile. We achieve that in two ways. One is using our variable wall technology (VWT). On most shafts we reinforce the tip section to produce lower flight and more consistency/stability. In the PX LZ steel we have used VWT in both the butt and tip ends, activating the middle of the shaft. We also use a series of microsteps just below the grip to increase the flexibility even more. The end result is a Project X shaft that is easier to load and smoother feeling. If you are familiar with the technology in the LZ graphite, this is the same concept in steel.

The weight specs are 115gr (6.0), 120 gr (6.5) and 125 gr (7.0).

They will be available in 2016.

Last edited:
Wow. Intrigued for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Whoa, that's interesting

oooooh. interesting indeed!

Can't wait to learn more even though I keep wanting them to be graphite.

Love hearing of even more options hitting the market! Looking forward to learning about these.

Definitely intriguing!

Can't wait to learn more even though I keep wanting them to be graphite.

Im pretty sure they sell a LZ graphite already? I could be wrong though.

I can not wait to hear more about these shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These sound like they could be pretty cool

Looking forward to hear more about these shafts. Maybe a smoother feeling project x?

How will the "loading zone" be incorporated into steel? Can't get my head around it

Looking forward to hear more about these shafts. Maybe a smoother feeling project x?

They have one in the line already, it's called PXi. Now if they go with the same weight as the original Project X and soften the feel, that would be different.

I am predicting the standard PX steel profile, with a better loading 'feel' in them.

And yes i want that.

I am with you, I shyed away from the the Project X flighted shafts because of that exact feeling.

I am predicting the standard PX steel profile, with a better loading 'feel' in them.

And yes i want that.

LZ=Loading Zone
Therefore it will be done the same way as the longer shafts. #SofterInMiddle

LZ=Loading Zone
That is my hashtag... And yeah I am very interested in these shafts as well.

Crap. My day just got more expensive.

Crap. My day just got more expensive.
This made me laugh out loud. Except I don't think you really said crap ��

LZ=Loading Zone

That was my assumption... By profile I meant launch profile.

Soften the middle so more people can handle the shaft without feeling too rigid!

That was my assumption... By profile I meant launch profile.

Soften the middle so more people can handle the shaft without feeling too rigid!

Agreed. Pretty exciting stuff as well, because choices mean better feeling and fitting for everybody.

I am excited to hear more about this

Very cool, can't wait to hear more, if they perform half as good as the LZ graphite I bet these will be a big hit for sure.

Why don't I game anything from Project X? I always seem to enjoy their offerings.

Back