Pros Withdrawing Due to Poor Play/Weather

Reed is a quitter Delaet is a complainer. Both of them are silly babies. But I could care less and so should you. Sports fans are frickin cry babies when it comes to these minor first world problems. Look at the whole cam newton thingy, really? People complaining about some guy dancing in the end zone at a football game lol. It's football!! It's not church losers good grief

Every reference you've made (while being plenty over the top and apparently angry?) is to the entertainment business, which is enjoyed however people want to. If they want to go to a football game and watch players be humble rather than dancers, that's their right. If they want professional golfers to finish out their rounds, that's also their right.

You're welcome to have your (aggressive) opinions, but it seems they are more centered about what the fans are doing, not what the pros are doing. All the best on that one.

Every reference you've made (while being plenty over the top and apparently angry?) is to the entertainment business, which is enjoyed however people want to. If they want to go to a football game and watch players be humble rather than dancers, that's their right. If they want professional golfers to finish out their rounds, that's also their right.

You're welcome to have your (aggressive) opinions, but it seems they are more centered about what the fans are doing, not what the pros are doing. All the best on that one.
There's a lot of irony in his post haha but I wont dive into it. Everyone is welcome to their opinion.

Reed has it easy, as no one holds him in high enough regard to view him as an ambassador of the game or role-model for the youth. He's a paid athelete... no more, no less... I feel him being labeled as a quitter/ head case is punishment enough for his actions

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If not injury or family emergency rated get your butt out there. I does not exactly apply to golf but there is a quote that I have heard many athletes use; saying that they do not get paid to play, they get paid to practice when nobody is watching. That is some poor sportsmanship; should donate that check back the tournaments charity of choice.

Injury and emergency are okay, quitting because you're a quitter isn't cool.

Have you never called into work, just because you weren't feeling? This is no different.

Also be a man, if you want to call him out, then go up to him next week and call him, don't be a Twitter tough guy.

He just did it because Reed is a easy target because nobody cares for him. Never in a million years would he post about Tiger on his Twitter after one of his many W/Ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Have taken one sick day from work and that was because the doctor advised it.

Who's to say it doesn't happen in other ways? Who is to say he hasn't mentioned it in person?

I think it is weak sauce to withdraw for weather or poor play. Doesn't matter if it's Rory (tooth ache), Tiger, Phil, Reed or anyone else. Suck it up and finish it out.

Why did DeLaet really care? Just because it left his group as a twosome? Big Deal! He ends up playing faster I guess ... so he will have to wait on the groups ahead since he is the last group off. Get over it.

Like some have said ... it's his paycheck. If he feels he doesn't need to make the money if he finishes dead last, so be it. It's his decision. No one else should take it personally. I don't think the PGA should have played in those conditions anyway.

It is also that twosomes paychecks. I like to have a steady pace while playing. If that's fast or slow, but being a twosome behind all of the threesomes would mess with the flow of shots going on. Which means a lot of waiting.

I think it's wrong to bounce cause a golfer is playing poorly.

If the average person in this world has a bad day or week at work, they don't just say screw it and wait till the next job comes along. If our kids are having a till tough go at it Most parents don't say it's ok "Johnny" sit this event out and give it go next time. It's about accountability. They should be accountable as well. Life is not always an easy go.

I think it is weak sauce to withdraw for weather or poor play. Doesn't matter if it's Rory (tooth ache), Tiger, Phil, Reed or anyone else. Suck it up and finish it out.

+1 for the use of weaksauce :wink:

Back