Pull/Push Carts - Customizing

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
For those with pull/push carts, have you done any custom work to them?

I bought a US Kids junior pull cart for our daughter (7). While her and Mom were vacationing last week, I repainted the frame and wheels in TCU colors (purple, gray, white). I'll try to post pics tonight.

Here is what it looks like from the factory.

yhst-17159114447480_2166_2040609854

I taped a drinks holder onto my handle, does that count - hehe

Maybe some hydraulics would be cool

...with 12" subwoofers?

Cool idea, static! I wouldn't mind giving the Micro-Cart a paint job one of these days. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

I was thinking of getting my lady a ClicGear cart for her birthday and having it painted purple. How easy was it to paint? Any stickers/logos to have to remove? Did you have to take the whole thing apart? I don't know if I want to get into taking te ClicGear apart. Might take it to someone if they will do it for relatively cheap.

I added a tube to mine for the putter as I bought in the days bags had no putter well. My wife always says it is life married to a engineer. Can't keep my hands off of things....

I added a tube to mine for the putter as I bought in the days bags had no putter well. My wife always says it is life married to a engineer. Can't keep my hands off of things....

actually that's a very good idea, wonder if I could do the same to mine

I think you guys should think about putting some big spinning rims on your carts!

actually that's a very good idea, wonder if I could do the same to mine

I'm in the office, so I don't think I have a pic here, but I'll dig deeper.

I'm in the office, so I don't think I have a pic here, but I'll dig deeper.

Kept digging and found one from a couple of years ago when I had a all Callaway bag. Can't see the mounting though.

bag2010.jpg

And another, but still without how it is mounted;

Clubs.jpg

Looks good HG, I'm going to see if I can do something similar with mine, has to be removable though so that the trolley can still be folded

Looks good HG, I'm going to see if I can do something similar with mine, has to be removable though so that the trolley can still be folded

Mine stays on and does not have any effect on folding down.

Mine stays on and does not have any effect on folding down.

hmmm, maybe I need to investigate my trolley some more. May do a prototype using some black duck tape to tape a tube to it, the missus calls me bodger man - hehe

I think you guys should think about putting some big spinning rims on your carts!

Now there's an idea! At least no one would confuse my cart from anyone else's!

I dont know if this technically qualifies as customizing, but I just got a Clicgear 3.0 and I saw that they have a seat that can be attached to it. I am going to get it so my son can ride on the cart when we go golfing together.

What a great idea HG..I'm going to install a putter holder and towel bar.

I have on my cheap push cart a water bottle cage from a bicycle. It's secured by screws and does the trick.

I was thinking of getting my lady a ClicGear cart for her birthday and having it painted purple. How easy was it to paint? Any stickers/logos to have to remove? Did you have to take the whole thing apart? I don't know if I want to get into taking the ClicGear apart. Might take it to someone if they will do it for relatively cheap.

2 cans of rustoleum (purple and white)
1 can of primer (gray)
1 roll of blue tape
several plastic bags
piece of 4x8 plywood for painting area

This cart didn't have any logos where I painted. The scorecard holder does have US Kids Golf logo on it. I didn't mess with the holder.
Some items on the cart were secured with rivets. I didn't mess with those.
Took off wheels using quick-release holders.
Took out 5 screws. That gave me the 2 plastic parts that the bag leans on. I covered any metal with the bags and tape. Then painted the plastic stuff gray. That dried to the touch in about 1 hour. Total dryness (according to can) was 24 hours.
After one hour, the plastic was done. No need for a second coat. I did do some touch up spraying after a thorough look.

While the above was drying, I got the frame and covered all black metal that I wanted to stay black, along with the handle that I also wanted to remain black with tape and bags. So, all the silver got painted purple.

While the plastic stuff and purple frame dried, I covered the wheels in tape and painted the axles white. After 1 hour, I applied another coat. After another hour, I did some touchup work.

Very easy to do. The majority of the work is with properly covered items that you don't wanted painted. I spread this out over 3 days, all after 8pm. Actual labor was maybe 2-3 hours. Drying time was several hours. I think the temperatures above the 90's did effect drying time and consistency of how the paint dried.

Pics are grainy. But, here they are.

PurpleCarta.jpg

PurpleCarte.jpg

PurpleCartd.jpg

PurpleCartc.jpg

PurpleCarth.jpg

PurpleCart15.jpg

It turned out really good. I like it

Tap tap taparoo

Cool
A little yellow and its my Fav team. Vikings.

Back