Review PUMA Ignite NXT Golf Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New review of the PUMA Ignite NXT golf shoes is now up. You can read it on the home page here.

Look at Dan putting the review cap on one more time :p

Seriously though. Good stuff here and I’m glad I’ve already got a pair waiting for this season. I do wish there were some more bold colorways, but, I dig them nonetheless.

Thanks for the review Dan

I picked up a pair of the DISC version at the back end of last year and have worn them to the range and at the indoor sim a few times and they are very comfortable
I agree on the sizing, I tend to wear a 10 in most shoes etc, but in these, the 9.5 fits perfectly without feeling tight

Good write-up and great looking shoe! I have heard good things about the previous models. Just never gotten them.

I have the Fusion and love them. The NXT are on my get next list.

Great splashing back in for a review Dan. I hate toe creases on the top of golf shoes. I’m in need of a new pair & now will be seriously looking at these.

Thanks for the write-up Eddy.

Great tidbit on how the pants should be worn to drape the shoe, especially in wetter conditions. I have a few pairs of these, I’m looking forward to going spikeless this year.

I'm with @Jman Wish there was some different colorways with it being Puma and all you would suspect they would. That being said I don't mind the pair in the review at all.

Thanks for the review. I like the PWRAdapt that I have. Can always use another good pair of shoes. These are really one of the most comfortable shoes I have for walking courses.

(y)(y) Dan E. , thanks for the nice review of these PUMA shoes.

I've been wanting to jump into spikeless shoe for a while, I may finally pull the trigger with these. Do most people keep a spiked pair for damper days or dewy mornings?

Playing with untied shoes? Anarchist.

Man those look great. It might be time to pull the trigger on some new shoes. I was good last year, but my will power is fading.

I've been wanting to jump into spikeless shoe for a while, I may finally pull the trigger with these. Do most people keep a spiked pair for damper days or dewy mornings?
Depends on the spikeless shoe. I've got a pair that work great no matter the conditions. But I also have a pair that is bad in damp or wet conditions. Watch reviews for the best pairs.

Oh I like those a lot! I bought new shoes last year and have never been 100% comfortable with them, so very much looking forward to trying these.

Nice write up. It is a good looking shoe.

Great review, I love that clear blue sole, my one worry would be as dirty as I get shoes, these might show the dirt quite early and I'm not good about wiping them down afterwards.

The red white and navy on the site are straight ????????!! I love it! the review did a good job focusing on the tech and design of these shoes! I don't need shoes but they are on my short wishlist...

Absolutely getting a pair of these for this season. Thanks for the great write up!

Great review Dan.. I need to find a place to try them out as the wide option of the last ones were still not wide enough

Nice write up. I like the looks of those, they kind of remind me of a pair of the old (non golf) Nike prestos I have & love . I will have to go try the m on in person to see if they fit my Fred Flinstone feet.

@Canadan is spot-on on the sizing and lack of break-in period. These shoes are ready to go right out of the box. These are extremely comfortable and I have less foot fatigue than ever with these.

I have 3 pairs, one in each of the lacing systems. The Disc is my favorite; so easy to get snug. I have traditional laces in the NXT Pro, without the mesh; these just don't stay as tight as the Discs. I find Solelace cumbersome, both to get on and to tighten the laces sufficiently for me. Once on, though, I haven't had any problems with them.

While I have yet to play in any extended rain in any of them, I have played in some perpetual soggy conditions and brief downpours. While not true tests of the waterproofing, I have not had any wet feet yet.

The usual dirt and dust after a round cleans off easily from the white Ignite foam. I do have a few scuff marks that won't come off, though the white has held up well after more than a year on my Disc pair. The finish is much better and more durable than the white foam on the spiked PWRADAPTs, no question.

I would like to see an entire shoe in the 'dark denim' color of these laces/Solelace wrap, as opposed to the usual peacoat:

192224_08_13.jpg

Nice write up Cap.
I love the color way in the write up, the blue sole is winner for me.

Wear these everyday for the last 2 years. Don't need anymore yet but probably will pick some up down the road in a color I don't yet have.

From the review:
"The final component that needs to be considered is Puma’s note that these shoes do tend to run a bit long, and they encourage running a half size smaller to accommodate. I personally think this suggestion is accurate, although many companies out there have their own definition of foot size, and trying them on will always promote the best fit solution for your foot. "

I found that the 2019 disc models were true to size for my feet (11.5), but YMMV.

I have two pairs (nay, & black) in the disc version that I wear to work every day. Sooooooo comfortable & can leave them loose or tightened up - comfy either way.

Back