PUMA Ignite PWRADAPT CAGED

Puma responded back pretty quickly and will warranty them for me. Offered any shoe that isn’t a limited edition. Going to go with the same exact model. Pleased with their customer service, which is not a surprise.

Received my warranty replacements a few days ago. Just over a week from warranty request to new ones in hand. Kudos to the customer service team at Cobra/Puma.

Received my warranty replacements a few days ago. Just over a week from warranty request to new ones in hand. Kudos to the customer service team at Cobra/Puma.
Same model?

Should have been 45 but 38 holes with grey Caged this past weekend in #TheMorganCup

First time trying out the Caged that wasn't walking around a golf shop for 10 minutes.

I had four pairs of the ignite pwradapt (previous iteration) that had the pod issue (all four shoes failed) swapped to the Ignite Spikeless this year, great shoe comfort is outstanding, however did have a couple of slip mishaps earlier in the year, not enough to get me out of the shoes.

Going back to these was amazing this past weekend. The neoprene sock that your foot fits into is well designed and comfortable, my foot fit so well I didn't have to tie my shoes from how they came out of the box.

Course conditions were dry so no testing the moisture, or needing the cleats. However traction was outstanding the entire weekend with them.

Also comfort, the comfort through 38 holes of golf, I forgot I had them on and honestly, if your feet or fine that means the shoe works great and these did that for me.

Also the white grey paired so well with the Team Hackers scripting, we were looking sooooo fly the entire weekend.

Great shoe and well done Puma Golf.

Should have been 45 but 38 holes with grey Caged this past weekend in #TheMorganCup

First time trying out the Caged that wasn't walking around a golf shop for 10 minutes.

I had four pairs of the ignite pwradapt (previous iteration) that had the pod issue (all four shoes failed) swapped to the Ignite Spikeless this year, great shoe comfort is outstanding, however did have a couple of slip mishaps earlier in the year, not enough to get me out of the shoes.

Going back to these was amazing this past weekend. The neoprene sock that your foot fits into is well designed and comfortable, my foot fit so well I didn't have to tie my shoes from how they came out of the box.

Course conditions were dry so no testing the moisture, or needing the cleats. However traction was outstanding the entire weekend with them.

Also comfort, the comfort through 38 holes of golf, I forgot I had them on and honestly, if your feet or fine that means the shoe works great and these did that for me.

Also the white grey paired so well with the Team Hackers scripting, we were looking sooooo fly the entire weekend.

Seriously, my feet are about the only thing that doesn't hurt this morning. That's pretty impressive in brand new shoes.

Seriously, my feet are about the only thing that doesn't hurt this morning. That's pretty impressive in brand new shoes.

yup, might have to buy some pairs for next season lol

I may have to give these a try next year along with the Spikeless Ignites.

The spikeless Ignites are a definite. They are on my 2021 list. And after hearing what you and @baylrballa had to say about the Caged, I'll definitely put those on the list too. Comfort plus PUMA is a win win for me.

I have a friend with several pairs of these and he has had a cleat rip out on two of his pairs of shoes. I have held off on picking up a pair because of that.

This is my favorite part. When my disc wire broke, it was right before my round, so I had to play the whole time without being able to tighten my shoe. Fortunately, the neoprene sock was tight enough and comfortable enough that I had almost zero issues. I'm not sure that would have been the case with any other shoe.

This is my favorite part. When my disc wire broke, it was right before my round, so I had to play the whole time without being able to tighten my shoe. Fortunately, the neoprene sock was tight enough and comfortable enough that I had almost zero issues. I'm not sure that would have been the case with any other shoe.

That's fantastic! Definitely can't be a good mental spot heading to the first tee with the DISC snapped.

To add an additional comparison, when wearing Ignite Spikeless this year I played with my shoes untied, all pairs and apparently as I'm known for saying now "it's fine" but getting these it definitely reminded me of the extra support from the previous version that I didn't miss before this past weekend, but I definitely do now

I will definitely be picking up at least one more pair of these if not a couple more. I wasn’t sure at first how I’d feel about them because I generally don’t like the no tongue slip on’s. But these were easier to get on and very comfortable. As long as I can find the Wide versions I’m all in.

I love shoes and normally have different brands just to have choices. I find Puma makes great golf shoes. Comfy and functional at the same time. I haven’t had another shoe on for golf in two years

Last edited:
The CAGED did not handle the rain, at all, this afternoon. My feet were soaked after 2 or 3 holes. Granted, I was not wearing rain pants, and my legs and ankles were getting rained on, so I'm sure my socks wicked some moisture that way. But, the entire inside of both shoes are a soggy mess right now.

I have 3 other pairs of NXT shoes with the mesh on the top of the foot. The few times I've worn them in rainy conditions, I've never had problems with them like this. I was surprised, to say the least.

The CAGED did not handle the rain, at all, this afternoon. My feet were soaked after 2 or 3 holes. Granted, I was not wearing rain pants, and my legs and ankles were getting rained on, so I'm sure my socks wicked some moisture that way. But, the entire inside of both shoes are a soggy mess right now.

I have 3 other pairs of NXT shoes with the mesh on the top of the foot. The few times I've worn them in rainy conditions, I've never had problems with them like this. I was surprised, to say the least.
I can't say I have had soaking feet despite playing in wet conditions at times, slightly damp maybe but not to the point that it has been necessary to change my socks after a round before heading home

Snagged a pair of the grey/white ones on eBay this morning so I'm excited to get them and try em out! Have bought 2 new pairs of Pumas this month after going away from the brand's shoes for a few years and I have to say that they have made some great improvements over that time.

I have been wearing the non cleated Crafted model to the range the last few days. If you have much width in your foot try them on first. I always stick an orthotic in my athletic shoes. I shoe horned them in. A little tight on my narrow hooves.

I've worn my CAGED a ton and no issues with the pods or anything else. Awesome shoes

Love seeing the feedback on these. I like the looks of these and have always liked pumas. Great to see them stand behind their product and take care of warranty replacement so quickly.

Wore these for my round
On Sunday - been a bit wet up here in the Northeast the last week.

Had a frost delay, no issues with moisture on the shoes doing the dew sweeping gig

Comfort is there, pretty similar to the OG version- walking 18 I need comfort this course was pretty flat and not challenging to walk but no issues regardless.

4 maybe 5 rounds with these, I think where they are superior to the previous version (aside from the pods not separating lol) is more support in the upper which I attribute to the caged saddle they added.

I don’t have hard evidence but when i get the happy feet it definitely feels like there is less give there

Anyone had any luck throwing these in the washing machine? I've had luck doing that with tennis shoes, but was curious if anyone has tried it on these. I have the grey pair and the mesh part of the toe is starting to get a little dirty after all of these wet rounds I have been playing. I'll usually clean them after every round, but having a few pesky stains not come out.

So I grabbed me a pair of these last week...

Got to wear them this weekend for 9. They are going to be my spiked shoes for the next year or so. They look great and they kept my feet dry in wet conditions for my first 9. Fairly comfy as well.
20210204_122705.jpg20210204_122708.jpg

Back