Putter Grips - How Often Do You Change?

I find I want to try something new before the old grip wears off. With all the elements and weather up here you can get two and a half to three years out of putter grip in you maintain it.

Only changed 1 putter grip and that was because it was falling apart in my hands, my oldest putter which I used from 1994 until 2010 still has the original grip on it.

I know we have had threads on grips and how often THPers change them. I change mine each year when January rolls around and have been doing it that way for a while. It got me thinking about putter grips though and how rarely I change mine. In fact I have not changed my putter grip in close to 4 years and have not changed my putter in that amount of time either.

I have a feeling most on here change putters more frequently than that, but the question remains. Do you change your putter grip when you change the rest of your clubs?

Nope, have had the same grip on my Putter since I got it. I change my own grips on irons and woods and just worry that I wouldn't put them on aligned properly on a putter.

I don't change my putter grip, but probably should, I've had a putter or two over the year's where the grip showed too much wear, but I just couldn't bring myself to change it, but with so many options with grips now, and especially putter grips, I'm for sure going to be thinking about it more in the future.

3 years on my current Winn grip on the putter. Aside from the white on the grip looking gross, it still feels good.

I have never changed a putter grip. Although I had a putter made by my dad for over 10 years with the grip molded to the shaft; never wore down. Putter broke this year, so on a new one now; don't foresee me changing its grip any time.

The original Feel Tec grip on my SeeMore putter lasted about 6 or 7 months, the second Feel Tec I installed is now showing a lot of wear 7 or 8 months later. I will probably change it out sometime soon because of wear. Usually I don't change putter grips this often, and I have putters that I have never changed the grip on.

Never changed the grip on my putter. Never actually changed the grips on any of my clubs; is that bad?

Only when there is significant wear or I find something that I'm just more comfortable with for me.

I haven't changed mine in like 5 years..... drp3434 can attest to it because he saw it yesterday. Still fits in my hands well though. Not sure when I'll actually put a new grip on there.

This will be the first time ever. I am strongly considering a Superstroke for my Method. Usually once I'm comfortable with a putter I leave things alone.

Well, for years, I was more likely to buy a new putter than change a putter grip. So in the beginning, maybe once every 10 years. Now, the putter grips I get are softer, and seem to wear out easier. So it has been once a year the last couple of years. In an effort to alleviate that problem, my wife bought me a new golf bag with a separate putter well, so now the grip should last at least another 3-4 years.

Yes, the putter grips would have been cheaper than the bag, but man, it is a nice bag.

~Rock

Back