Putter length, how many actually check and not buy a standard 35 inch?

Bought a 35 but then had it chopped to 32 after a fitting.

Usually I try and find 34", if not I get them cut to length. I recently did the same with my Seemore, made a world of difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a 33", tried to buy a backup on ebay. Guy lied and said 33", but was 34". I wouldn't consider this a solid backup, would rather he sent a 32" to try. I'm 5'10".

If u can get the grip off its really easy to shorten it yourself. I just use a pipe cutter (same thing you use in copper pipe), cuts right off.

Lie angle and style has as much to do with what length you're going to play as anything. 2 35" putters may play completely differently based off style/lie angle. I have some that I prefer to play at 34" and some that I prefer at 35". Anything that has offset I roll them better at 35", and anything center shafted/straight shafted I play better at 34". No idea why, but that's what feels best to me.

I'm with you guys on the 34.5. I got fitted at SeeMore and I know they know what there talking about. So yea a 35 isn't to bad for me.
I was fitted by a SeeMore professional last year at 34.5 inches. Prior to that I was playing 34 inches. So, not much of a difference. I'm 5'11".

I was fit at 34 1/2. Usually buy 35" and I'm good

I'm not sure I pay much attention. I think mine are typically in the 34 to 35 range. Only really notice when they are longer

I was fitted for my putter and it's a weird length at 34.75.

I always played a 35" putter until several years ago I found an online Odyssey fitting on their website. It pointed me to a 34" putter and that's what I always get now.

I'll happily buy a 35" putter for a decent price, because I have a decent grip station and a dremel here at the house. Buy it, extract the grip, cut 1.5" off, and put on the grip I want. Easy-peasy.

I won't buy standard again. I have a Scotty that is 35", but I choked down on it for years. I now have a counterbalanced SeeMore at 37" that I feel fits me perfectly.

I choke down a few inches and use the letters on the grip to double check I am consistent. Probably nothing new, but having the putter the right length lie is the most important club in the bag to have dialed in.

I am really considering a trip out to Tennessee to make sure I have the right specs with SeeMore as that could save me more strokes per round than having my irons to the right length/lie.

Is 35" "standard"?

Just buy a counterbalanced putter and grip it wherever you want lol

Always check. I putt with a 36.5" putter as it allows me to practice longer and stand a little taller at address. I'm 6'4"

35 is the standard from what I've seen.
Interesting. I actually thought 34" was standard only because I see more of that length on store shelves.

Interesting. I actually thought 34" was standard only because I see more of that length on store shelves.

35" is considered standard. Even the SeeMore website says so when you go to order a putter. If SeeMore says it you know it's true.

I watch length but when its on sale, cheap, I will get it cut down. Gripping in the same place means getting in the same posture every time which is critical in consistent putting. Its the same as as getting lie angle right so you get the putter in line with your eyes over the sweet spot.

I have never been fit (working on it), but through trial and error, I've found my sweet spot to be 33.5 inches. It just feels most natural to me. That being said, I've rolled putters from 32" to 35" and seem to adjust pretty easily. Anything over 35" though (especially counterbalance) is way out of my comfort zone.

I've been fitted for putters a few times over the years, most recently at SeeMore last year. For conventional putters, it has always resulted in a putter length of 33 1/2 inches. But, when I switched to a counter balanced putter, of course, that changed pretty dramatically.

it has to be 33.5" and 2 degree flat for me, I am bad enough as it is, I need my putter to be right

Back