chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
length? or do you have multiple putters in different lenghts? i play 35" but have ONE in 34" and 37"...i can't do the 37" which is because it's a toe hang but that's neither here nor there.

What ever feels comfortable for me, my current one is 34"

36" on my Ping Pal
36" on my old Wilson 8813
36" on my Odyssey mallet

I'm kinda stupid about putter lengths because I won't even touch one under 36"........................ but I choke down about a 1 1/2":unsure:

Last edited:
35" seems to be the best fit for me. Sometimes I think maybe a 34, but other times a 35. I only have one putter right now, Scotty NP2, and sticking with it.

I’ve been fit to 36 and 35.5, currently playing 35.5

My stroke and I were fit into a 32 this winter and 3 degrees up. Most of my putters are 33 or 34. However, I don't think length matters because we all setup differently and as result what is right for one person is not the other. I'm 6'1.

while I say length does not matter. If you need a 35 and you are gaming a 33 then it matters a great deal

34 on both currently in rotation.

Playing 35” right now with the Mizuno M-Craft and it’s actually 35” not like my Scotty Newport 2 that claimed to be but is only 34.5” it really is amazing how much .5” is noticed

Have 10 at 33" and 3 at 33.5".

I’ve never been fit, but I went to a 33” earlier this year. Had been putting with a 34” and choking was up on the grip. Haven’t gone back to the 34” and don’t think I will.

36" Ping Anser 2 with Golf Pride Crown Jumbo pistol grip

For my height I should be using a 35 but I have a 33.5.

length? or do you have multiple putters in different lenghts? i play 35" but have ONE in 34" and 37"...i can't do the 37" which is because it's a toe hang but that's neither here nor there.
currently a 34" and like it a lot but I played a 33" last year and was somewhat successful with it also.

With my putting techinique, 35 inches and flat - 69.5 deg

32 or 33 for me. Depends on the putter.

I'm just getting started in golf. Was gifted a complete set of clubs. Just fooling around on the indoor/outdoor carpeting in the basement, the putter just doesn't feel right for me. Feels awkward. Measured it today: 36 in. I can choke up on it, but that feels "wrong" in my hands. Just borrowed a next-door-neighbor's 34 in. Odyssey White Hot Pro (mallet). That feels much more "right," to me. Unfortunately, there are too many variables to say whether it's the length, that it's a mallet (vs. my putter's blade), the grip (large vs. the medium on the putter I have), or some combination of the three, but I feel length is at least most of it.

I'll see what my instructor, at my first lesson, tomorrow, has to say.

Last edited:
I have 3 putters of different lengths.

The thing is, when I place my grip/hands on all three clubs, the distance from my bottom hand to the ground (putter head) is the same distance on all three. I have measured this. I suspect this is due to my consistent set up when putting.

I’m playing a 34.5 and have had great luck with a 34 in the past, but can’t go shorter. 35 is no issue.

Went to 35.5" years ago from previous 35". Helped a lot. Mostly in getting it to the hole much more consistently.
At the time, Ping had an Ap that you'd put on your smartphone and cradle it onto the putter. Do they still have that? The results from that are what I went with and never varied from it. Gave me my 71º lie angle as well.

I've pared down my putters significantly. Different styles and toe hangs, but I try to at least put an extension in them so they're all the same length. And fortunately 71º is pretty stock for putters. I have just two more I need to extend to have them all at the 35.5" length. (y)

I'm usually in the 34"-35" range. My current putter is 35".

I have 3 putters that might make the rotation. One is 35” a Bettinardi, a 34” Odyssey SL7 and an old TM Spider at 38” that is backweighted. The Betti has been the primary putter but I have struggled a bit the last few rounds. Not sure whether to put the Odyssey or the Spider in the bag.

I read somewhere that the average putter length on the PGA Tour is 33.5" & the top selling length for men is 35". I was guilty of purchasing putters in the 35" length, but have dropped down to 34" and while I'd love to say I make a lot more putts, I don't, but my misses are a lot closer than before.

Back