I check a lot and have never seen one! I did roll the Atlanta the other day and like it so maybe I'll give that a test..

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
The Atlanta is an awesome option. They crushed it with that model.

I check a lot and have never seen one! I did roll the Atlanta the other day and like it so maybe I'll give that a test..

Atlanta is good too. I don't think I will ever give up my Chicago, just to good of a putter.

Splurged for the first time this year and bought a Spider X Chalk but don't think it's for me. My lag distance control has been atrocious with it. From some decent demos I'm liking the mid mallet design a lot better. Should have just splurged in the Chicago I'm thinking.

I purchased an Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab putter from CPO last winter and used it all this past season, and really like it. I usually change up every year for the fun of it but am keeping this one in the bag for next season as well. Nice feel, nice looking, and well balanced for my stroke.

Wasn’t that convinced about blade vs mallet/mid mallet for lag putts until yesterday

yup lag putting is definitely much better with a mallet

Wasn’t that convinced about blade vs mallet/mid mallet for lag putts until yesterday

That's why, despite struggling with it at first, I've spent some time with the Vegas on shorter putts and saw some good results at the end of the year. Speed on long putts has been great. I think I'm better with the Stroke Lab Three from 5-6 feet but also giving myself more 5-6 footers on long putts...

I think green speed plays a lot into that. That being said I think it is also a comfort level with the putter, I can generally lag equally well with the Chicago or the Ten. But when I need some help, the TT Ten is probably more forgiving for sure.

I agree with this statement. I play a mid mallet, Hogan BHM01, and my lag putting has been so much better than with my old blade. I seem to drop more long putts too, because I'm giving myself a shot based on the better speed control. I like the feel of the blade on shorter putts in the 5-6 foot range, but it seems like I would gain more from better lag putting, than the feel from the blade on these shorter putts.

Lag putting being better with mallets makes sense doesn't it? I tend to mishit those longer putts and that extra moi and forgiveness get me closer to the hole. I'm with you guys though, short putts I seem to do better with a blade.

Lag putting being better with mallets makes sense doesn't it? I tend to mishit those longer putts and that extra moi and forgiveness get me closer to the hole. I'm with you guys though, short putts I seem to do better with a blade.
While I agree with this, you still have to have line and speed correct to leave that lag within a 3 foot radius of the pin which should always be the goal. 3 feet or less.

While I agree with this, you still have to have line and speed correct to leave that lag within a 3 foot radius of the pin which should always be the goal. 3 feet or less.

My lag putting was terrible this past weekend. I need to work on it some more, but not a lot of real estate to work on anything other than about 10 footers at the house.

Trying to do a putter fitting this week to get at least a rudimentary understanding of what I need. Everything will be on the table, but I specifically asked about Seemore since I know CC will have at least a handful there.

My lag putting was terrible this past weekend. I need to work on it some more, but not a lot of real estate to work on anything other than about 10 footers at the house.

Trying to do a putter fitting this week to get at least a rudimentary understanding of what I need. Everything will be on the table, but I specifically asked about Seemore since I know CC will have at least a handful there.
Do they use SAM lab putter fitting?

I don't know if I agree totally with this. Traditionally, blades are better for distances and mallets for close in. Sure, mis-hits can occur, but I would think most would say blades are better for lagging than mallets are.

I don't know if I agree totally with this. Traditionally, blades are better for distances and mallets for close in. Sure, mis-hits can occur, but I would think most would say blades are better for lagging than mallets are.
Interesting. When I mishit with a blade from long distance it feels like I come up much shorter. I think back to when I was using my Toulon Azalea I was a killer from inside 10 feet but constantly either left myself extremely short or blew it past the hole.

That's totally me though and I haven't exactly proven to be a putting wizard :ROFLMAO:.

Fitting confirmed for tomorrow. Should be interesting (read: possibly depressing) to see my results!

That's why, despite struggling with it at first, I've spent some time with the Vegas on shorter putts and saw some good results at the end of the year. Speed on long putts has been great. I think I'm better with the Stroke Lab Three from 5-6 feet but also giving myself more 5-6 footers on long putts...

I think it makes sense for you too. But if your swing change takes hold you can leave the three in there as you'll be close enough to the hole anyway.

I think green speed plays a lot into that. That being said I think it is also a comfort level with the putter, I can generally lag equally well with the Chicago or the Ten. But when I need some help, the TT Ten is probably more forgiving for sure.

This is a valid point as all of my putting prior to this was on carpet at home before going out to the course, greens weren't too different from how they normally are.

I agree with this statement. I play a mid mallet, Hogan BHM01, and my lag putting has been so much better than with my old blade. I seem to drop more long putts too, because I'm giving myself a shot based on the better speed control. I like the feel of the blade on shorter putts in the 5-6 foot range, but it seems like I would gain more from better lag putting, than the feel from the blade on these shorter putts.

I feel like i putted the best I've putted in a real long time this year, however going back to my best putting year/season lag putts weren't the best but I'd say I couldn't miss inside of 5 ft. I also feel like I made so many birdie putts that year.

I think it makes sense for you too. But if your swing change takes hold you can leave the three in there as you'll be close enough to the hole anyway.

Fingers crossed on that first part.

To be honest the SeeMore is probably the best of both worlds. I need to just get it extended a little bit and a new grip put on.

Fingers crossed on that first part.

To be honest the SeeMore is probably the best of both worlds. I need to just get it extended a little bit and a new grip put on.

I mean, you’re going to throw a pretty expensive driver in the trash based on your speed gainz pretty sure putter will be fine haha

Well, step one complete. Had my putter fitting at CC yesterday. I took my Odyssey Red #7 as that's the longest tenured putter that I have and it's my default goto when whatever I have in the bag isn't working for me. After putting for a while we set up the SAM and got to work. My face rotation is pretty close to SBST. I drift the head away from me just a tiny bit on takeaway but my stroke through impact is pretty solid (who knew!). After impact it got really inconsistent, which my fitter assessed as my trying to compensate for something or steer the ball. Based on all of that, he assessed that I needed something with a squared shape that is face balanced or really close.

Enter the wide blade options. As an aside I was super excited at this point, as the wide blade look is my preferred shape. We trotted out the primary contenders. All the options we tried were double bends, but a face balanced single bend could work as well. We quickly boiled it down to 3 main options. EvnRoll ER2, Toulon Chicago and the Sik DW.

Out of the three, the ER2 was the easiest scratch. It didn't perform any better than the other two and the feel/sound just wasn't there for me. This is still a great putter, and one I've flirted with buying before, just wasn't the perfect one based on what we saw. The Chicago was probably the best feeling & looking putter out of the three, but I wasn't quite as accurate as I was with the Sik. It's still a really good option for me, and adjusted to my specs would probably be a great option. I'm not ruling out grabbing one of those at some point!

The big winner was the Sik DW. Feel was pretty close to the Chicago for me. The results though, were clearly the best for me. The straight putts on the fitting green were almost point and shoot. Finish wise the Sik isn't going to blow anyone away (I asked if it came in black) IMO, but I really do like the shape. It felt pretty wide, even compared to some other wide blade designs, and has a pronounced tri-sole on the bottom. Specs are 34", 69˚ lie and 1.5˚ loft. Believe 370 grams headweight, waiting for the spec sheet in my email. Ended up sticking with the stock grip that is more slim than I usually use, which was a surprise.

Going to commit to this putter and really try to focus on practicing with it over the offseason. Cleaning up my putting is a major goal for me in 2021.

I'm not going to clear out the putter hoard, but I'm definitely going to move a couple and probably have a few adjusted to match my specs from the fitting. Short term I'm going to make sure anything that stays plays at 34" while I wait for my Sik to be delivered.

Nice @JonD!

Glad you had a solid experience at CC. Fun that you ended up with a putter that isn't all that common out there too.

Yeah I'm stoked for the Sik. It's also just nice to know what works best for my stroke. I actually brought a pretty good putting game with me as I was doing well with my mallet, but it was clear that I was manipulating my stroke to make the shape work for me. Not sure if I'm going to move that putter yet. I really do love the look of it and getting another one built like that will be a challenge.

Well, step one complete. Had my putter fitting at CC yesterday. I took my Odyssey Red #7 as that's the longest tenured putter that I have and it's my default goto when whatever I have in the bag isn't working for me. After putting for a while we set up the SAM and got to work. My face rotation is pretty close to SBST. I drift the head away from me just a tiny bit on takeaway but my stroke through impact is pretty solid (who knew!). After impact it got really inconsistent, which my fitter assessed as my trying to compensate for something or steer the ball. Based on all of that, he assessed that I needed something with a squared shape that is face balanced or really close.

Enter the wide blade options. As an aside I was super excited at this point, as the wide blade look is my preferred shape. We trotted out the primary contenders. All the options we tried were double bends, but a face balanced single bend could work as well. We quickly boiled it down to 3 main options. EvnRoll ER2, Toulon Chicago and the Sik DW.

Out of the three, the ER2 was the easiest scratch. It didn't perform any better than the other two and the feel/sound just wasn't there for me. This is still a great putter, and one I've flirted with buying before, just wasn't the perfect one based on what we saw. The Chicago was probably the best feeling & looking putter out of the three, but I wasn't quite as accurate as I was with the Sik. It's still a really good option for me, and adjusted to my specs would probably be a great option. I'm not ruling out grabbing one of those at some point!

The big winner was the Sik DW. Feel was pretty close to the Chicago for me. The results though, were clearly the best for me. The straight putts on the fitting green were almost point and shoot. Finish wise the Sik isn't going to blow anyone away (I asked if it came in black) IMO, but I really do like the shape. It felt pretty wide, even compared to some other wide blade designs, and has a pronounced tri-sole on the bottom. Specs are 34", 69˚ lie and 1.5˚ loft. Believe 370 grams headweight, waiting for the spec sheet in my email. Ended up sticking with the stock grip that is more slim than I usually use, which was a surprise.

Going to commit to this putter and really try to focus on practicing with it over the offseason. Cleaning up my putting is a major goal for me in 2021.

I'm not going to clear out the putter hoard, but I'm definitely going to move a couple and probably have a few adjusted to match my specs from the fitting. Short term I'm going to make sure anything that stays plays at 34" while I wait for my Sik to be delivered.
Sounds like a great time and hopefully this putter will treat you well.

Back