Anyone use the Golf Pride Pro Only grip? Any thoughts? Very triangular and I didn't think I would like it but it was suprisingly controllable.
Guessing you tried the blue star which is my least favorite in the hand but never took that shape onto the course.

Guessing you tried the blue star which is my least favorite in the hand but never took that shape onto the course.

Yeah it was the blue start they had on stub shafts to get a feel for the grip. Which ones did find felt the best in hand? I tend to favor the mid to larger grips in general.

Yeah it was the blue start they had on stub shafts to get a feel for the grip. Which ones did find felt the best in hand? I tend to favor the mid to larger grips in general.
It's a toss up between red and green star for me. Red star reminds me alot of ping midsize PP58. Green star also feels great and kinda reminds me of a more rounded Lamkin deep etch.

the last round i played with a random, he seemed put off that i put my cover back on my putter after each hole...given that his looked like it had been in a plumber's toolbox, i cared not for his visible dislike at my care for my putter.

the last round i played with a random, he seemed put off that i put my cover back on my putter after each hole...given that his looked like it had been in a plumber's toolbox, i cared not for his visible dislike at my care for my putter.

You can imagine what his house looked like!

Let's have some fun:
Here is a report from ShotScope on my last 15 rounds - Which one do I move into 2021 with?
Mind you I've used the "Blue Putter" more in the last 15 than the "Purple" (12 vs. 3)

Here is my "Blue Putter":

1606759582183.png

Here is from my Purple Putter:

1606759431442.png

Attachments

• 1606759377484.png
    1606759377484.png
    22 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Let's have some fun:
Here is a report from ShotScope on my last 15 rounds - Which one do I move into 2021 with?
Mind you I've used the "Blue Putter" more in the last 15 than the "Purple" (12 vs. 3)

Here is my "Blue Putter":

View attachment 8976907

Here is from my Purple Putter:

View attachment 8976906

Seems like the purple putter is more consistent where it counts. Says the the worst putter I know...

The Blue Star is my fav next to the Red/Black TourSNSR

Rolled 100 consecutive putts from 3 ft today.

couple of thoughts

used a puttout - made 15 perfect and stayed in the small hole 25 in the hole but 10 of those a little too firm

Blacked out/ auto pilot from 50-65

Around putt 75 my right side was sore lol

was able to reset mentally for the last 10 putts

fun drill need to do this more goal is to really have the putting dialed in when goal season starts next year

damn @OITW I am not sure I could sit there for 100 straight and actually pay attention to what they do.

I like to use 10 balls and take breaks between raking on my putting green. My back hates putting haha

This offseason, I really need to get back into the basement and work on my 5-10 footers. Not that they are bad, it's just always incredibly nice to get on course and fully trust that distance from a stroke perspective.

My speed control is great, I just usually second guess line and every once in a while guide the head. Drives me nuts.

damn @OITW I am not sure I could sit there for 100 straight and actually pay attention to what they do.

I like to use 10 balls and take breaks between raking on my putting green. My back hates putting haha
Puttout is great for not having to bend over

I like the idea of consistency for that amount and 3 footers 🤷🏽‍♂️

longer distance have breaks

This offseason, I really need to get back into the basement and work on my 5-10 footers. Not that they are bad, it's just always incredibly nice to get on course and fully trust that distance from a stroke perspective.

My speed control is great, I just usually second guess line and every once in a while guide the head. Drives me nuts.

My putter this past year was fantastic especially on lag putts - 10 ft and in i was not converting birdies that is what i hope to dial in this winter

Puttout is great for not having to bend over

I like the idea of consistency for that amount and 3 footers 🤷🏽‍♂️

longer distance have breaks
It's not the bending over, it's the putting stance. Slightly bent back for long periods of time is really aggravating.

Stupid 20 years of stupid hockey.

It's not the bending over, it's the putting stance. Slightly bent back for long periods of time is really aggravating.

Stupid 20 years of stupid hockey.
Which makes sense to break up the practice- you don’t hit more than two at a time on course

Which makes sense to break up the practice- you don’t hit more than two at a time on course
I picked 10 because it seemed like a good number. Most times by ten, I've accomplished two things;

1- Rolled them the way I wanted to
2- Convinced myself to not modify my stroke throughout

If you want to challenge yourself use two putters at 5 putts each and see how fast you can adjust to the different putters.

I picked 10 because it seemed like a good number. Most times by ten, I've accomplished two things;

1- Rolled them the way I wanted to
2- Convinced myself to not modify my stroke throughout

2 definitely happened with the 100 as fatigue/discomfort was real

2 definitely happened with the 100 as fatigue/discomfort was real
I think it's crazy how mental it can be. It's why I hate going to the range when I am playing well, because within 20 shots I am modifying something regardless of how foolish it is haha

If you want to challenge yourself use two putters at 5 putts each and see how fast you can adjust to the different putters.
I'm curious about your thought process here. I've always been of the belief that changing is negative from any club perspective. You groove what you've got and go.

I'm curious about your thought process here. I've always been of the belief that changing is negative from any club perspective. You groove what you've got and go.
I use the Chicago (milled face) and the TT Ten (insert) both have different feels and put a different roll on the ball IMO. I will always grab the Chicago first, but if I feel like I am needing some alignment help then I will use play with the Ten. I practice on my mat with both though and will mix them both in during a session. It is almost like having different green speeds during a round

We’re doing something like that lol?

I’ve got setup at home where we have the puttout (max is probably 8’-9’) brought the wifes putter down and a new one I’ve been tinkering with (still in plastic haha)

so we do putting competitions and we swap putters item’s crazy how good she putts with the one in plastic 😂

Back