Putting Wheel Training Aid Review

It stayed up on a hilly practice green jrs. Assuming I hit it in the middle.

What do you think so far? Do you think it will translate to the course

i think it has translated well to the course..... i have been using it for a little bit now, i really enjoy mixing up my practice routines especially with putting so many things you can do to change it up. and this always seems to get taken out at the end of my putting practice even if i just roll it a few times to make sure im making good contact and i'm always surprised at how well i roll it. but you can def tell when you have a mishit because it falls over. when i had my putter fitting i was told my contact wasn't in the sweet spot of the putter and its something i wanted to work on getting better at from what i saw on the fitting results i thought it was pretty good but apparently it could have been much better i think this has helped me a lot on getting better i'd love to see how much i've improved and go get fit again but i'm not spending another $100 to do so. But i can tell its better and i think i'm putting better than i ever have before and i think thats because of quite a few things and i def think this has been one of the things thats helped me.

How well does it work on significant left to right or right to left breaking putts? I would have to think the sloping may help the wheel fall over.

Of course, I do realize this product isn't necessarily aimed to help you make those kind of putts but instead it's geared towards getting the ball rolling on the right line.

i was surprised on how it stays up on breaking putts..... i can see your concern as i was wondering the same but it seems to have just enough surface area to stay upright on breaking putts. as long as you hit it properly like hawk has said.

i think it has translated well to the course..... i have been using it for a little bit now, i really enjoy mixing up my practice routines especially with putting so many things you can do to change it up. and this always seems to get taken out at the end of my putting practice even if i just roll it a few times to make sure im making good contact and i'm always surprised at how well i roll it. but you can def tell when you have a mishit because it falls over. when i had my putter fitting i was told my contact wasn't in the sweet spot of the putter and its something i wanted to work on getting better at from what i saw on the fitting results i thought it was pretty good but apparently it could have been much better i think this has helped me a lot on getting better i'd love to see how much i've improved and go get fit again but i'm not spending another $100 to do so. But i can tell its better and i think i'm putting better than i ever have before and i think thats because of quite a few things and i def think this has been one of the things thats helped me.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you've found some value in it Buck. I think you hit the nail on the head - if you're looking for something to tell you where you're hitting the ball on the face it's pretty tough to beat. Frustrating feedback sort of like the Pro Striker.

Are these weighted somehow to account for the missing area compared to a regular golf ball?
If not I think it would be vey light compared to a regular ball.
Couldn't you just cut the ends off a golf ball and achieve th esame result?

Weight is similar. I believe they have a disk of some sort in the center. No, I don't think you could make your own easily.

Are these weighted somehow to account for the missing area compared to a regular golf ball?
If not I think it would be vey light compared to a regular ball.
Couldn't you just cut the ends off a golf ball and achieve th esame result?

you'd have to cut the balls very precisely or they'd wobble (I'd think).

Weight is similar. I believe they have a disk of some sort in the center. No, I don't think you could make your own easily.

I agree with hawk the weight is similar but they are made so they have a little bit of extra skin so they don't fall over if a putt breaks

Ryan, I've seen a product bounced around twitter a bit called the Pill and it sounds/looks quite similar, do you have any comparison information between the products?

I think something like this would be a great help for cold weather indoor putting practice!

Sorry Icey. Haven't seen the other one.

Not a bad idea. You'll know if you're missing the center pretty much immediately. Still impressed that THP is the reason those smaller packs are available.

I missed this thread last summer. What a interesting putting aide, and it makes sense. I might have to look into getting a small, single pack.

Not a bad idea. You'll know if you're missing the center pretty much immediately. Still impressed that THP is the reason those smaller packs are available.
I love the idea of having one to practice with. Since I only putt with one ball now!

Back