PuttOut: Pressure Putt Trainer - Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for a THP spotlight is one that I have really, really, really hoped we would see ever since we attended the PGA Show earlier this year and saw them in pretty much every single putter companies booth, the PuttOut "Pressure Putt Trainer".

Another putting training aid you say? Yup, and ergonomically/design speaking its so simple its brilliant. Really excited to do some work with this one before writing the spotlight article!

Information on the PuttOut from the Company:

PRESSURE PUTT TRAINER

Hole more putts. The key to great putting is practice.

PuttOut is a scientifically shaped target which rejects bad putts and returns good ones.

Each successful putt is returned the same distance it would have gone past the hole if it had missed - great feedback for getting the pace just right.

HOLE PRESSURE PUTTS

Build putt repetition into your practice routine to improve your putting and increase confidence.

Take the perfect putt challenge; click the disc to open the micro target, the ball must hold to win.

PuttOut is a quality product made from chunky rubber and translucent plastic, designed to fold and to fit into your golf bag.

Practice anytime, anywhere; on carpet or a putting green.

Get used to holing pressure putts.

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0001-1-L.jpg

DSC_0003-1-L.jpg

DSC_0005-1-L.jpg

DSC_0006-1-L.jpg

DSC_0007-1-L.jpg

DSC_0008-1-L.jpg

DSC_0009-1-L.jpg

DSC_0010-1-L.jpg

DSC_0011-1-L.jpg

DSC_0012-1-L.jpg

I love that this came in

• Staff
I love that this came in

Yup, as am I! Its a training aid that seems to be EVERYWHERE right now, just like it was at the show.

In hand I can tell you also that it is super heavy duty, the thing is built to last.

I love the idea of the "perfect putt" game from the video. This device seems too simple NOT to work amazingly. Can't wait to see what you think of it, James

Love seeing this come in! I've been following them on Twitter and have just about pulled the trigger a few times. It's simple and small, that seems like a dang good combination for a training aid. Looking forward to following this one.

Excited to read along ,been seeing reviews on this seems great. I may pick up one as this is a part of my game which was been off and on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting concept. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts James.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Staff
I love the idea of the "perfect putt" game from the video. This device seems too simple NOT to work amazingly. Can't wait to see what you think of it, James

The perfect putt is freaking HARD. I was trying from eight feet earlier and it just wasn't happening, which is interesting because as I focused on getting it to catch in the "Perfect" spot that the tunnel vision there made me not realize until I was done that I was nailing the base (same size as the cup) time and time again which would mean putts falling on the course.

I'm honestly considering a couple for my team already.

Very interested in this

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just saw this mentioned on Twitter the other day. Really interested to hear your thoughts on it.

James whats the price on this guy?

James whats the price on this guy?

Good catch!

$29.99 and all stateside orders are through Amazon (Prime eligible!).

excellent. Shall grab one for father's day.

The perfect putt is freaking HARD. I was trying from eight feet earlier and it just wasn't happening, which is interesting because as I focused on getting it to catch in the "Perfect" spot that the tunnel vision there made me not realize until I was done that I was nailing the base (same size as the cup) time and time again which would mean putts falling on the course.

I'm honestly considering a couple for my team already.
Sounds like a fun competition to settle a dispute, or pick slots for the team

Good catch!

$29.99 and all stateside orders are through Amazon (Prime eligible!).

After watching the video, I may just drop the coin and get it and not even wait for your review!

Spent about an hour on this thing trying to make perfect putts from 3, 6, 8 feet. Did it a fee times from 3 but the others kicked my butt!

I need one of these for my office/cubicle!

This looks awesome. Excited to hear your thoughts

I like this concept. At $30 it looks like an insta-buy to place near work desk.

Spent about an hour on this thing trying to make perfect putts from 3, 6, 8 feet. Did it a fee times from 3 but the others kicked my butt!

I watched the video and read through the literature. I'm very interested in this one and for $30 seems like a solid investment, also liked that you said it's pretty durable.

Price is right, this is intriguing. Better speed control is something that would help my scores big time.

I just ordered one. A small price to pay if it can improve my putting.

Let me see if I can appropriately rephrase my comment. I have watched the video and would love you to comment in your review on how using it on a putting green and at home is better than putting to an actual hole or spot on a putting green or off a ruler or over a spot on the floor. On an actual putting green you can practice the speed and line aspect of the training aid. At home, setting it up at some distance away doesn't seem practical since you can't simulate an actual green speed. If you can simulate actual green speeds, how is this better than other speed related drills? The other aspect of the aid is working on intended line so explain why I need to put an aid 3,5, , 10, feet away to work on line?

Serious questions, hoping the review compares to other aids and drills that work on similar aspects of putting.

This honestly looks like a brilliant product.

I have my practice putting setup at home, one that rockets the ball back at me after a made/missed putt. The idea of this one, and being able to see the feedback of distance past the hole with a miss, is really smart.

Maybe the only downside for me would be needing some decent carpet to putt on indoors. I can see it being very very handy at the course on the practice greens, especially on a day when the green is very busy. You could head off to an area without a crowd and get to work on your putting.

Really smart idea, and I am looking forward to hearing more on it in the future!

Back