quiBids for golf equipment

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
has anyone ever heard of this or tried it?
its a strange version of ebay and ive seen ridiculous prices on gear
but ive never heard of anyone actually winning and what their experience is with it

Website looks great, but it also looks a bit sketchy. If anyone is willing to try and bid on something and it goes through let everyone know.

im really skeptical... this is the internet after all
but how can you pass up something if its legit?
i just wanna make sure cuz i hate being scammed... its my biggest pet peeve everrr

its like the vegas of ebays! hahaha
im afraid of that site now

Don't get sucked in by the "price" of what things sell for on bid sites like that. What you are buying is packages of bids -- that's where all your money goes.

I am sure that you might luck into an decent deal once in a blue moon, but it would really be more about luck than actually finding a good deal.

Penny auction sites are the latest get rich quick scheme for those with the money to invest in the software and the bandwidth to run it. Bots are used on most of the newer sites and that ensures the bids actually pay for the item being sold. A set of Mizuno irons for instance run about 800 bucks, 1 bid costs $.60, when the bids by non bots reaches $48. 00 the bots quit bidding and the real bidders then can actually win the item. That takes over 4800 bids to get there at 60 cents a bid = $800 I seriously considered starting a penny auction site a few years ago, but there was an unethical feel to it with the bot system.

never heard of it but I hear there are great deals on the new site Mike and Mike are promoting.

I had someone tell me that the penny auction sites are a wast of time. only people making $$ are te hones that created it. Im sure some people get a few good deals but they still make their $$.

First time I tried it, I won the Callaway Upro Go on 5 bids. Paid $15.05 total for it. Haven't been as lucky since.

I always figured there had to be something a little sketchy with that site since I only ever see their commercials after midnight lol and thats never a good sign.

That site looks too sketchy, look at the very first comment posted in the review of the link Ron posted.

It's got a A- rating on the Better Business Bureau. It's not a scam. It's just hard to win stuff. But if you don't win the auction, you can pay the difference between the retail price of the item and how ever much you spent on bids (.60 cents/bid) to get the item. Also, I think early mornings, especially on weekends, is the easiest time to win things.

I received everything I have won on the site. I got an Ipad for 42.00 plus shipping and several lowes gift cards for next to nothing. I have had no problems with it.

im gonna bid at the very last second and if i dont win its only .60 cents hahaha

im gonna bid at the very last second and if i dont win its only .60 cents hahaha

And there in lies the catch, with every bid the timer resets to 10 -20 seconds depending on the site and someone else(or a bot if the cost isn't covered) can bid again.

dang so much for my strategy hahaha

I hate all those sites like that where you have to "buy" the opportunity to bid on items.
It's a joke and they make way too much profit for me to participate.

I received everything I have won on the site. I got an Ipad for 42.00 plus shipping and several lowes gift cards for next to nothing. I have had no problems with it.

Clam, how much did all your bids cost you to purchase before the auction started?

Clam, how much did all your bids cost you to purchase before the auction started?

I paid $60 for 100 bids. I still have 60 bids left. I blew thru a bunch on some burner 2.0 irons that I didn't win.

I used to do penny auctions. Waste of time unless you have a huge bankroll. The people that get the awesome cheap deals spend like 5 grand on ipads to build a reputation, and eventually people don't bother bidding against them and wasting their bids because they know the person WON"T quit. These people do the auctions for a living and sell their winnings on EBAY for profit. The sites often have win limits because these guys would kill them financially. Their great deals are the ones advertised but they are not normal. There's also a lot of collusion where veterans team up together to bully newbies and often they don't bid against each other. It's easy to spend more than you realize because each bid is a penny but that penny costs you 60 cents. So you pay for the bids AND the auction price AND the shipping is often outrageous. I won a few small items like video games but big items are very hard to get cheap. You can't sell Ipads for $15 and make money. The Penny Auctions are money printing machines. You've been warned....

Back