Rahm to Callaway?

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Seems to be a recent rumor the Rahmbo is going to join the cyborgs at Callawaydyne..?

Artificially intelligent Rahmbo!

Last edited:
Just heard that. I thought he was a TM Cyborg for life.

That could be for both parties.

Just heard that. I thought he was a TM Cyborg for life.
He was playing 100% titelist in college. In fact, that is how I met him - he was out in San Diego st the performance center getting his 716s adjusted for the upcoming senior season.

I don't see it.

...and I don't see what the company would gain from having him on staff outside of his ranking.

mans he wins.. pretty regularly. There is a good chance he wins a major or two in the next year or so.. name one other player in the callaway stable with that potential?

Xanders pretty good, but might not be up to Rahms level

Seems like a likeable guy now that he's getting his emotions more in check. Maybe he's their international Phil.

true. He wasn’t coming to mind when I was thinking about their players real quick.. Xander’s pretty good. Not Rahm but good.

I don't see it.

...and I don't see what the company would gain from having him on staff outside of his ranking.

Everyone has got to play something... if he likes the gear and is lookingto change, price is right - why not? Temper yes, but otherwise I enjoy watching him. Hasn't crossed the line too bad for me yet.

mans he wins.. pretty regularly. There is a good chance he wins a major or two in the next year or so.. name one other player in the callaway stable with that potential?
he also slams clubs and acts like a b**** while on course..

I get that wins relate to relevance, but I would absolutely not want that dude repping my brand. No chance.

I think that has a lot to do with it. Callaway’s biggest name is 50 and only winning on the champions tour. They love Xander I’m sure, but I think this is hedging their bet to make sure they stay in the major convo. They are probably going to pay him booko bucks.

however I think this a great get for Callaway as rahm loves to interact with fans and talk equipment.

Everyone has got to play something... if he likes the gear and is lookingto change, price is right - why not? Temper yes, but otherwise I enjoy watching him. Hasn't crossed the line too bad for me yet.
I guess that's the problem... There are so many good guys out there, I feel like settling on rahm is like settling on a club that hits well but sounds like garbage.

Maybe I am wrong.
Maybe Callaway is signing him and there's more to it than what he presents.

But until he shows it, this type of signing does NOTHING for me.

I don't see it.

Wins move clubs, and I think he wins quite a bit over the next few years

I guess that's the problem... There are so many good guys out there, I feel like settling on rahm is like settling on a club that hits well but sounds like garbage.

Maybe I am wrong.

Callaway seems to like the emotional and some times rude guys (see Garcia/Wallace)

I don't see it.

hey remember when we were so happy to get rid of sergio? we learned our lesson. and here’s our newest addition: jon rahm!

nope. don’t like it. not one bit.

Callaway seems to like the emotional and some times rude guys (see Garcia/Wallace)
I mean, you could make that argument about a lot of brands... and for what it's worth Callaway not re-signing Sergio was telling.

They've also got some GREAT guys on their staff.

I mean, you could make that argument about a lot of brands... and for what it's worth Callaway not re-signing Sergio was telling.

They've also got some GREAT guys on their staff.

Oh no doubt they do, but after letting Sergio go they signed Wallace after he had a few unpleasant outbursts

he also slams clubs and acts like a b**** while on course..

I get that wins relate to relevance, but I would absolutely not want that dude repping my brand. No chance.

I think the story has changed for him based on what I have seen personally lately. From being mic'd up in the charity match, to other interviews and commercials, he seems like a funny and good dude. I definitely agree his antics in the past ticked me off but he has gotten a lot better.

hey remember when we were so happy to get rid of sergio? we learned our lesson. and here’s our newest addition: jon rahm!

nope. don’t like it. not one bit.
I mean, I definitely get the appeal. Dude has an awful lot of win potential as his upside.

That in mind, he's about as personable on course as a bee hive, and isn't exactly winning any awards for best interviewer or most likely to spring break with out there. What exactly does that do for a brand? I'd double down on Xander, personally.

Maybe I am wrong.

Thats a solid answer, and I don't feel all that different. I guess I just want to see Rahm put it behind him and grow a little. Maybe that's too generous.

Back