Review Rapsodo MLM Thread

I went back to the range on lunch for a second go with the Rapsodo and my dumpster fire of a swing. I have some thoughts but I'm a little short on time to do an in depth review at the moment. I did try the combines feature so I'm going to comment just on that in this post.

What I enjoyed:
Setup and getting into the combines was a breeze. It even allowed 6 shots to warm up which I appreciated, and also have the option to skip the warmup. It had you hit two shots at each distance and cycled through them three times each. I liked this in the fact that if I was off on the first shot it gave me an opportunity for an adjustment, while also keeping the pressure on by not allowing me to just settle in hitting six straight shots to the same distance. It was a good amount of fun being moved through different clubs.

What could be better:
I think the combines has a ton of potential and can definitely be pushed further. For example, it would be awesome to maybe have a hole distance and play to that hole layout until being on the green or within a certain distance. Or would be nice to have randomly selected target distances. When you start it gives you 50 and 75 yards or you can set the two distances. I'd enjoy a random distance each time in the combine, perhaps within a selected range. I also do not see my combine score anywhere on the app. The app did crash right after I hit my last shot, so this could be why. Will check again next time I try this.

There is a lot of data provided by the app but I need the opportunity to dive into it a little deeper before providing some more context.

Last edited:
I went back to the range on lunch for a second to with the Rapsodo and my dumpster fire of a swing. I have some thoughts but I'm a little short on time to do an in depth review at the moment. I did try the combines feature so I'm going to comment just on that in this post.

What I enjoyed:
Setup and getting into the combines was a breeze. It even allowed 6 shots to warm up which I appreciated, and also have the option to skip the warmup. It had you hit two shots at each distance and cycled through them three times each. I liked this in the fact that if I was off on the first shot it gave me an opportunity for an adjustment, while also keeping the pressure on by not allowing me to just settle in hitting six straight shots to the same distance. It was a good amount of fun being moved through different clubs.

What could be better:
I think the combines has a ton of potential and can definitely be pushed further. For example, it would be awesome to maybe have a hole distance and play to that hole layout until being on the green or within a certain distance. Or would be nice to have randomly selected target distances. When you start it gives you 50 and 75 yards or you can set the two distances. I'd enjoy a random distance each time in the combine, perhaps within a selected range. I also do not see my combine score anywhere on the app. The app did crash right after I hit my last shot, so this could be why. Will check again next time I try this.

There is a lot of data provided by the app but I need the opportunity to dive into it a little deeper before providing some more context.
Nice work Danny!

I think the combine starts to refine itself the more that you practice with the device. At least what I've understood from the videos is it will pick yardages that are going to challenge you based on your performance and gapping. Keep at it, and it should give you better randomized yardages.

Nice work Danny!

I think the combine starts to refine itself the more that you practice with the device. At least what I've understood from the videos is it will pick yardages that are going to challenge you based on your performance and gapping. Keep at it, and it should give you better randomized yardages.
That will be great for sure to get to that point and see how it sets up. I still think more than 2 yardages would be nice, but I guess I can see the point as it helps keep the combine to a short time frame. Start adding more distances and it will be a bigger time suck, or you could hit less shots to each distance to avoid that.

Got out to the range today. First experience with the Rapsodo, and it could have gone better.

First, let me say it's very windy today, and the range was set up towards the back, so I had to set it up on concrete behind the grass. I'm not sure if any of those conditions would mess with the data.

My biggest issue was what I believe to be incorrect distance numbers.
For instance, a driver that leaves the back of the range showing a distance of 226, while another that is well short of the back of the range showing a distance of 260.

Could it be crappy range balls? Windy conditions?
🤷‍♂️

More testing is needed.
Hope to get some on course shots with real balls this evening

Got out to the range today. First experience with the Rapsodo, and it could have gone better.

First, let me say it's very windy today, and the range was set up towards the back, so I had to set it up on concrete behind the grass. I'm not sure if any of those conditions would mess with the data.

My biggest issue was what I believe to be incorrect distance numbers.
For instance, a driver that leaves the back of the range showing a distance of 226, while another that is well short of the back of the range showing a distance of 260.

Could it be crappy range balls? Windy conditions?
🤷‍♂️

More testing is needed.
Hope to get some on course shots with real balls this evening
This is one of the things I want to have time to dive into further. I saw some possibly strange things also, but am also using old range balls that were wet, and a windy day. Need to get out on course with my gamer ball and also better range conditions. The range I use near my office has a better setup, so looking forward to getting out there hopefully next week.

I seem to be having an issue with the Session Insights (data analysis) in the app. In my last session I hit 21 shots with 5 different clubs. When I enter the session insights (first image red circle) I only get a breakdown of my 8 iron. Will see how this goes next time out.

0EE96CB0-3284-4CA0-894C-C62B6FC8CA20.jpeg

C88A041B-BB09-4D94-B84C-294DFC146DDE.png

I seem to be having an issue with the Session Insights (data analysis) in the app. In my last session I hit 21 shots with 5 different clubs. When I enter the session insights (first image red circle) I only get a breakdown of my 8 iron. Will see how this goes next time out.

View attachment 9124055

View attachment 9124054
Click on the summary button at the top

View attachment 9124055

View attachment 9124054
I think you need 6 shots per club for insights on thay club.

Some app pictures and info.....
View attachment 9123946View attachment 9123947View attachment 9123948View attachment 9123949View attachment 9123950View attachment 9123952View attachment 9123953

admittedly, I was a bit confused when I typed in "Rapsodo." The app came up but as you can see, so did Rapsodo Diamond? I knew that wasnt the right one as it's for baseball apparently. But some sort of differentiation logo & in the store would be a bit more helpful.

I went ahead and posted some screenshots of their App Store. Keep in mind, the rating is not my review nor my opinion. Just what the app says.

from here....it's all on performance and I can't wait to dive in and see what it spits out. Lol

let's have some fun!

hugggggge thanks to Rapsodo and Callaway Golf!! Hope we knock your socks off @JasonFinleyCG
My first experience with Rapsodo was with baseball. They had a camera-based device for pitching that would capture pitch metrics (like spin rate and spin axis). That was 2017. A friend of mine also had their R-motion sensors which was an affordable golf simulator option. That was back in the day too. I thought they were originally focused on baseball but maybe they did start with golf first 😂

I think you need 6 shots per club for insights on thay club.
Glad you're here :ROFLMAO:. You are correct it appears. Clicked on one where I happened to only do 3 shots right before the combine and got the error below. Well now I know moving forward.

13EC1C0A-850A-4C00-A5CB-53F377460B6F.png

Are there any plans to make this compatible with Android devices?

Their social media indicates it is a priority.

From their website:
"At this time the MLM is only compatible with iOS Devices that meet our minimum requirements.

We are working on Android availability and prioritizing it. Our main focus is on accuracy and want it to meet our standards as we have on all iOS devices. Android compatibility will be an ongoing development as we will release compatibility with select devices first and roll out more as we develop."

I guess it's quite difficult due to the varying specs of cameras for android and this device does rely on the camera to help calculate / determine data points

Looks who just joined the party.

image.jpg

Ben’s days are numbered..B5205F27-28D2-4DED-84AB-0A825FB8F965.png

Headed out to play a couple holes now. Can I blame the wind for slow swing speed? Asking for a friend 🤣

Babe Ruth calling his shot. Another reason you are a #GolfSavage

No doubt in my mind it happens! #bomber

I am excited my Raspodo MLM arrived today! I have it on the charger already and plan to hit the range tomorrow morning! I am excited to use it and learn all of the features It has. @PKorf is 100% correct nice packaging with the MLM. My coach is going to Hawaii tomorrow for some golf and I will be able to send him video with data to review! He is fully vested in my Grandaddy journey and likes me to send him feedback. The MLM should make that really easy! My next lesson back in person with him we will be using the MLM and trackman to compare!
5064B872-D6A9-4492-A5A6-045E0B0DA2E7.jpeg0E90558B-4171-4C4F-9B24-60971EE1F138.jpeg30F4CCD4-B9DC-4D07-8CDB-758E109E72F7.jpeg45329EA8-20C0-4654-A28A-78AAA8A4BEFB.jpegE53D3C12-9282-4B0A-8EAA-158C974972BA.jpeg8AF2F99B-29B6-42CD-97A1-2DBC8E94F7F8.jpeg

What an incredible extra for the Grandaddy crew!! Wow!!

Going to be some honed games coming in because of this!

Great reviews and photos/videos so far, all!

Just played a couple of holes.

This thing is not super fun to use on the course, but it was good to see how it performed with real balls.

I think I'm going to stick to the range for the remainder of the testing

Back