Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

IMG_4306.jpegI'm being a little dramatic but I would be happy if I never had to do that again.

There's no way there's not some variation between the balls either.

View attachment 9239696I'm being a little dramatic but I would be happy if I never had to do that again.

There's no way there's not some variation between the balls either.
Haven't hit more than 10 shots with any of these yet.

I've lost 11 of the dots between the 4 balls. And many of the others look like this.

IMG_4307.jpeg

Maybe it'll be a bit better when it's warmer, but I'll just pay the extra for the rapsodo balls.

I did finally figure out why awesome golf wasn't showing spin. apparently they updated the app to show ball type from RPT to Rapsodo. I kept checking it and it said RPT so i thought it was good, but clicked on it this time and it changed it to rapsodo and works now.

Haven't hit more than 10 shots with any of these yet.

I've lost 11 of the dots between the 4 balls. And many of the others look like this.

View attachment 9239762

Maybe it'll be a bit better when it's warmer, but I'll just pay the extra for the rapsodo balls.
Are you trying to hit the dots? I have some with dots I've! hit hundreds of times that don't look like that.

Today I set it up in my backyard again much better experience. I made sure the WiFi was better in the backyard and my phone wasn’t going to sleep in the middle of the session. I did lose the connection 1 time and was able to get reconnected after a minute.

The new range mode is nice but it doesn’t seem to include those shots in the stats page which seems weird but okay I’ll use the practice mode.

Something funny happened after I reconnected I hit 2 balls and it seemed to stop recognizing shots. After clicking around I saw that the audio was on in the app but my phone was set to silent. Taking my phone out of silent mode the app played through the shots that I thought it missed. Having audio on was nice because it gave audio feedback that the shot was recognized. I am curious if the audio problem had anything to do with the app dropping the connection.

I haven't complained about how dumb the mybag setup continues to be, so here we go.

it's so painful to add anything. doesn't have nearly 30% of my bag as an option to choose even. No RTX6, no paradym super hybrid, not even a utility iron option at all. there's no organization so just let me type it in.

I have 2 9irons, which they won't let me put in the bag at the same time so one is labeled as a 1iron.
Now i have a 2 hybrid and a 2 utility both of which aren't even on the selection list and there's no utility iron slot anyways. I had the 2u set up as a hybrid to differentiate, but now i have to change to a 2i and lose all my data or put the actual hybrid as an iron or wood.

and you have to do it all on the app and not available on the new web interface.

Just way overthought for something that shouldn't be so hard.

Last edited:
I haven't complained about how dumb the mybag setup continues to be, so here we go.

it's so painful to add anything. doesn't have nearly 30% of my bag as an option to choose even. No RTX6, no paradym super hybrid, not even a utility iron option at all. there's no organization so just let me type it in.
That isnt ideal, considering how easy it should be to add those to the back end.

doesn't have nearly 30% of my bag as an option to choose even. No RTX6, no paradym super hybrid, not even a utility iron option at all.
At least for the paradym super hybrid there is a Callaway “super” in the picker. I’m packing 2 of the OG callaway super hybrids this year. I have a ping eye2 xg in the bag and I was surprised that it wasn’t a text field. There were a bunch of different eye2 options but not the one I wanted.

Rapsodo if you are reading this. On the bag front with all the adjustability we have in woods and hybrids it would be nice if there was an optimizer tool that would guide you through the adapter settings having you hit a few balls on different settings and help you figure out the right settings for gapping.

Sorry if I missed this but any word on how good the speed training function is?

pulled the mlm2pro out at the range the other day, havent had it out since last year, it said i needed to update. Updated it, its the 2.8.3 release. I could not get it to let me use the range feature. it kept saying i needed to update. Does anyone have any input on why it wouldnt work, or what i need to do to get it to work?

pulled the mlm2pro out at the range the other day, havent had it out since last year, it said i needed to update. Updated it, its the 2.8.3 release. I could not get it to let me use the range feature. it kept saying i needed to update. Does anyone have any input on why it wouldnt work, or what i need to do to get it to work?
sounds like you need to update the firmware on the actual radar unit (not just the app) if it's been that long.

It's a great new feature. Definitely adds to the value when a PRGR is $230.
Absolutely it does, and might be enough to push me over the edge. The SkyTrak was great, but all the connectivity issues for me have been a headache.

Absolutely it does, and might be enough to push me over the edge. The SkyTrak was great, but all the connectivity issues for me have been a headache.
Just a guess, but if you're having ST connectivity issues, I'm scared to think of how the MLM2 is going to treat you and your home network.

Just a guess, but if you're having ST connectivity issues, I'm scared to think of how the MLM2 is going to treat you and your home network.
Hmm. Ponder maybe just fizzled a bit. I’ll have to do some digging here.

Hmm. Ponder maybe just fizzled a bit. I’ll have to do some digging here.
I know the wireless module is improved in the ST+ (compared to the original ST), but comparing connectivity between it and the MLM2 just wouldn't be a fair fight. A lot of times home networks are to blame. @J4U is a great resource if you ever need some help on that type of stuff.

Hopefully can get back to using mine and have no connectivity issues. With my shoulder being injured I haven't been practicing as much. Has anyone used the speed training yet?

If I can get to a range Friday once I get back from Nashville, I will let you know.
Oh I've used it now. It's really simple. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done well. Thought I posted some screen caps of it.

Oh I've used it now. It's really simple. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done well. Thought I posted some screen caps of it.
I saw this review of r-speed on YouTube this morning. It’s pretty simple right now.

Back