Rate your golf trash-talking skills on a scale of 1-10.

?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Haha. Just kidding. I have the ability to dish it out but on here it’s hard bc we don’t reallyknow most of the people truly so I’ll say a 1 lol

I put myself at a 2...i might try, but i am not very good.

5-6 UNLESS it's for money with my league buddies. Then I'm going 8-9

I said 6. I think I could trash-talk with the best of them. I just rarely do.

Whatever number you'd rate your own skill as a golfer, my trash talk number scales with.

8-9 with my buddies

My soon to be daughter in law gave me this T-shirt for Christmas 😆image.jpg

I know @JB doesn't jump in on most of these, but I have to think he's pretty close to a 7 or 8- His one liners remind me of those guys on country club adjacent with their back off challenge..

I don't really do it, unless it's necessary. And if I need to, then it's usually pretty good.

9. I try to dial it down because I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings unintentionally. But if someone chirps at me, they better have a helmet with them.
We need to play and let the chirping commence.

Never really learned the art.
Although I have announced on the 18th tee box
“Longest drive BUYS the beer…” and then my fellow companions lineup and swing out of their shoes… only to realize later, while in the fairway, what I said 😂

1 because 0 isn't an option. My game isn't good enough to talk 💩🤬. I did make @AT_CG miss a putt by saying him bending down to line up a putt he was going to throw his old ass hip out of place...at least I like to say I made him miss but other than that I have nothing.

9. I try to dial it down because I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings unintentionally. But if someone chirps at me, they better have a helmet with them.
It's a south Florida thing. I can talk mad 💩 and quick with it. When you grow up in an area where you are called jit you better be able to talk smack 😂

I do refrain on the golf course though because my game can't back it up.

I rarely ever talk trash on the golf course, because I'm usually playing with my wife or a couple of buddies. I never talk trash to strangers on the course. But I can talk some serious trash on just about any topic or competition, so I gave myself a 7. The neighborhood I grew up in had some Olympic trash talking hopefuls. I had to go along to get along, if you know what I mean.

I’m going to bring the trash talk…anyone follow the Rivalry thread?!?! 😂😂😂

I can take it so I don't mind dishing it. 7-8

"You really compressed that one" on a putt that goes way past the hole.
"That's not a slice that's the whole cake"
"Nice pitching wood" on a pop up drive
"I only got you by a couple of yards" then point a peoples back yards "That yard and that yard and that yard" Used that on my FIL

Went with a 2 as I’m typically reserved with strangers or in public and have to reign it in around friends to keep from them getting hurt about it. I’ll typically just self deprecate on the course instead because I know I mean well.

I don't say much unless its with people I play around often. It just seems out of place to me on the golf course

I would never stoop to such a level.

I’m a 1 or 2. Even with friends I don’t really trash talk while golfing. The golf gods always seem to punish me whenever I get even a little bit cocky on the course.

I do trash talk outside of golf however 🤘

I said 1 earlier, but there can sometimes be friendly jabs mostly to get a laugh, but it's people I know well enough to feel comfortable doing that. Especially with my buddy who I practice and play with the most. Still, that's mostly for comedy, so I don't consider that true trash talking.

9-10 with the right people in the right situation. Otherwise I keep it at 0. I'll only engage if it's not going to hurt anybody's feelings and we all know it's just for fun.

"You really compressed that one" on a putt that goes way past the hole.
"That's not a slice that's the whole cake"
"Nice pitching wood" on a pop up drive
"I only got you by a couple of yards" then point a peoples back yards "That yard and that yard and that yard" Used that on my FIL
After a drive - Me: "Did you hear they're building a new Super Walmart?" Him: "No, where at?" Me: "Between your ball and mine."

I chose a 7 because I’m usually laid back and not much of a trash talker, but every so often I’ll hurl a grenade out there that surprises a lot of people.

Back