Rate your golf trash-talking skills on a scale of 1-10.

?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I Recycle everything so not a lot of Trash. šŸ˜‰

I'm maybe a 3. I throw out some good ones once in awhile but for the most part my trash talk game is pretty low key.

I was just going to post the same thing. There could be a Do You Make Jokes With Your Friends on the Course? thread and then a Do You Needle, Chide and Try to Distract Others on the Course? thread. I took it as the later so rated myself a 1. Of course there's a little humor from time to time in our group but it's truly never mean spirited.
If it's mean spirited, I don't consider it trash talk anymore - I consider it being a dick, and I don't have any room for that. "Trash talk", to me, is funny, friendly/sarcastic banter amongst friends who can take it as well as they can give it. Sure there can be a little needling involved, but it's all in fun. If the group I'm playing with is into that kind of thing, I'm all in, and can give and take with the best of them; if they're not, I'll zip it and stick to polite small talk. I try to be the guy you'd look forward to playing with again, not the a-hole you'd avoid at all costs.

I can trash talk with the best of them, I just don't do it very often.
When I am on the guys golf trip every year, the knives come out in full force for the whole week.
Everyone on the trip brings their best trash talk game and it get downright bloody and hilarious at the same time.

I carry a loaded 44 Magnum of trash talk. But I very rarely to almost never use it. The few times I have trashed talked during a friendly scramble all my buddies are shocked. I always stay very encouraging and upbeat. When itā€™s a scramble? Game of MFers. Let the mind games begin. Heā€™s like my evil twin.

As Uncle Ben once saidā€¦ā€With great power comes great responsibility.ā€ So I use it very very sparingly. šŸ˜Ž

When you chirp me and make it fair game? Iā€™m a solid 9.

I rate a 2. I only do good natured trash talk to lighten the mood or get a laugh. I never trash talk when someone is on or close to tilt. As a casual golfer I never understood the need to be ultra competitive to others. I compete against myself. We do play for money but it is a trivival amount.

1-2.
It's just not my style...only for humor.
Never got into it in other sports either.

Back