Rate your golf trash-talking skills on a scale of 1-10.

?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m a solid 7 as long as my group doesn’t take themselves too seriously. Best part is I can take as good as I give and that’s the key for trash talking. Can’t take anything personally.

Last edited:
I have nothing to back it up, so I just don't go there 😆.

Solid 7 if need be.
But I don't have the game to back it up so it's returned just as fast

I’m a solid +1 hcp.

I couldn’t trash talk myself out of a wet paper bag

Golf and trash talking should never mix; it's literally not a thing.

Every time a “trash talk” thread pops up, I get the impression that people have very different opinions about what constitutes “trash talk”.

I’m not much of a trash talker. Guess I need to work on that

Golf and trash talking should never mix; it's literally not a thing.
Justin Thomas, Tiger and Charlie Woods holding on line 1…..

5ish

Mine often involve puns

I’d give myself a 3. I just don’t have it in me to trash talk anyone but my closest friends. It’s been awhile since I played with them so we weren’t very chippy and I’m out of practice.

About a 5. It's all in fun.

I’m a solid 7 as long as my group doesn’t take themselves too seriously. Best part is I can take as good as I give and that’s the key for trash talking. Can’t take anything personally.
4075D716-206B-4C9A-98EF-59934B7F9B67.gif

A three. And that’s probably generous.

But I’ve seen some attempts at trash talk in threads before. Some people greatly overestimate themselves :LOL:

I’m very much a 1. I get fired up and you’ll see me do some wild fist pumps,yells,etc(Hell I do that during solo rounds even if there’s no one around to see or hear 😆.) and such when that happens but I don’t smack talk generally. Having said that if someone does trash talk me you are getting all the smoke.

I said 10 only because there wasn't an 11.

I played with pretty much the same folks since I was a teen and we could really talk some s***. It was part of the fun. I got really good at it

Unfortunately time has taken some to Heaven or ????. Some have had to quit due to health problems or like me have moved.

Too bad for them they could really rake my game over the coals now.

I'm going 1, I am terrible at talking trash. It's been said that there is very little point talking it to me either because everything just washes off :LOL:

I don’t initiate but I do think I can zing off a few witty one liners if needed. I’m much better at dry self-deprecation though.

I put myself at a 2...i might try, but i am not very good.

539593_099.jpg

I can take it so I don't mind dishing it. 7-8

"You really compressed that one" on a putt that goes way past the hole.
"That's not a slice that's the whole cake"
"Nice pitching wood" on a pop up drive
"I only got you by a couple of yards" then point a peoples back yards "That yard and that yard and that yard" Used that on my FIL

Being able to take it is the definition of being good at it. The risk is that you're not using just your clubs to win.

Every time a “trash talk” thread pops up, I get the impression that people have very different opinions about what constitutes “trash talk”.

I was just going to post the same thing. There could be a Do You Make Jokes With Your Friends on the Course? thread and then a Do You Needle, Chide and Try to Distract Others on the Course? thread. I took it as the later so rated myself a 1. Of course there's a little humor from time to time in our group but it's truly never mean spirited.

Because there is no 0, I'm a 1 with everyone.

But, I'm an 11 with myself.

I’d say 8, but only with good friends. Complete strangers 0.

Back