Recipe Recipe of the Week - Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
As discussed on the latest episode of the Worst Golf Podcast, here is my recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups. This is a healthier way to get your fried buffalo wings. It's easy, quick, and truly delicious. You can also use any type of cheese you want if you don't like blue cheese.

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 18 mins | Servings: Yield: 24 wonton cups

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of franks red hot sauce
  • 1/3 cup of blue cheese or ranch dressing
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1.5 lbs. (I have done with just a pound before too and it works fine) of chicken, cooked and finely chopped. You can use rotisserie, breast, thigh meat or even ground chicken.
  • Blue cheese crumbles to taste. I usually use about 2 TBS
  • 24 wonton wrappers
  • 1/3 cup of chives/green onions, chopped
Direction:
  • Preheat oven to 425.
  • In a large bowl add cooked chicken, cream cheese, blue cheese or ranch dressing, blue cheese crumbles, and franks red hot sauce. Mix till all combined. Set aside.
  • Spray muffin tins with PAM, place a wonton wrapper in each muffin tin. Press down so that it fills the cup. Fill each wonton wrapper up with the buffalo chicken mixture. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned.
  • Remove from oven and let cool.
  • Top with chopped chives/green onions.

I saw this on WGP and was waiting for it. Sounds delightful! Love me just about anything with wonton wraps. Will rotate this one in with my sausage/beef ones.

Thank you!

@GolferGal Do you have a picture of the finished product? I will be making these for my next gathering!

You will not be upset, they are really good.
Most things can be made to be delicious with cream cheese and wontons. Chicken and hot sauce are an easy sell for me.

Might have to whip these up for my fantasy draft on the 1st .

Going to try these out for sure!!

My stomach is already growling...

These sound very good!

@GolferGal Do you have a picture of the finished product? I will be making these for my next gathering!

So this picture is old, it’s from the first time I made them and the original recipe called for cheddar cheese on top. I continued to change the recipe to what I posted here because I personally think this is better, but here is a picture from the first time I made them and here is the picture from the website where I originally got the recipe before I made my changes. They won’t be beautiful, but they will taste amazing. I will have to make them this week and post a better, updated image.

C7411E36-13DB-49E8-B68B-78026AAFF9B0.jpeg

C7E2C2DA-8092-4D59-9791-849A05B0724D.jpeg

Last edited:
So this picture is old, it’s from the first time I made them and the original recipe called for cheddar cheese on top. I continued to change the recipe to what I posted here because I personally think this is better, but here is a picture from the first time I made them and here is the picture from the website where I originally got the recipe before I made my changes. They won’t be beautiful, but they will taste amazing. I will have to make them this week and post a better, updated image.

View attachment 9115542

View attachment 9115543
Have you made the Green Pepper Sausage Wontons yet, yum as well

Going to have to give these a shot soon! Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 9115542

View attachment 9115543
Thanks! Those look yummy!

View attachment 9115542

View attachment 9115543
Are these like an eat immediately thing?

How do they reheat?

These will definitely be appearing at a super bowl party near you haha

How do the wonton points taste? The ends not covered in cheese. I've found that the wontons I use for stuff like this tend to be tasteless and bland.

Any idea what the calorie count is on one of those?

Back