[RESEARCH] My SL(Single Length) Iron set build/test progression log

Just now took the time to read through this entire thread. What a nice experiment, and a wonderful thread, Sennamont! Thanks for sharing all the info.

Honestly the pinhawks are so good save urself 600-700 dollars and get the pinhawks

It's more like a $300-350 savings, which is still significant. I'd feel a lot better about that decision if I could hit the Pinhawks somewhere. If I purchase them and don't like them they'd have very little resale value.

It's more like a $300-350 savings, which is still significant. I'd feel a lot better about that decision if I could hit the Pinhawks somewhere. If I purchase them and don't like them they'd have very little resale value.

I got my pinhawks for $300 and the cobras I think are $1000. The pinhawks an eBay are selling$250 so if u get them and don't like them it's not to bad a risk

I got my pinhawks for $300 and the cobras I think are $1000. The pinhawks an eBay are selling$250 so if u get them and don't like them it's not to bad a risk
The One Forged are 999 yeah, the F7 One are 699, fwiw

Is this build off the 7-iron length?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, there are lots of custom options--including shaft length--on Cobra's web site.

I got the pinhawks a few weeks ago and have seen my game mprove greatly. Honestly not feeling like ill go back to variable length clubs ever. Im alot more consistant now, and my 4 iron is now one of my favorite tools. The only con of rhte set is that you really have to get used to the PW and the AW. Once you mind adapts to their extrta length the set is awesom

Are you still having good result from your Pinhawks? I am very tempted to get a set of these when the spring arrives in Sweden but do not find that many reviews on them online.

I have not used it for a while, I'm currently inbetween my Ping G and my i25s.
Interestingly, I listened to a Podcast recently with Golf Science Lab with David Edel about the single length irons, I HIGHLY suggest anyone who is interested to listen to it, because the shaft is extremely important in a good SL set. Not that I will ever pay that kind of money for an Edel set but it makes sense.
Here's the link
https://golfsciencelab.com/edel-golf-single-length-irons/

I'm also selling my SL set on Ebay if you are interested, I'm not going to post the link here but I'm sure you can find it. Thanks!

**sold**

Last edited:
Interestingly, I listened to a Podcast recently with Golf Science Lab with David Edel about the single length irons, I HIGHLY suggest anyone who is interested to listen to it, because the shaft is extremely important in a good SL set. Not that I will ever pay that kind of money for an Edel set but it makes sense.
Here's the link
http://golfsciencelab.com/edel-golf-single-length-irons/

I'm also selling my SL set on Ebay if you are interested, I'm not going to post the link here but I'm sure you can find it. Thanks!

That was a great listen. I just did his putter fitting and love that he says it isn't just a one size fits all type of a deal. I think that is what gets me with an iron fitting, your are X length/Y loft and that is it for 7-8 clubs. Maybe you need to find what works for each club for each person to maximize performance on each and every club and also to get ideal distance gaps.

At the end of this year when I am thinking about getting new irons I might have to look into an iron fitting with Edel...

Are you still having good result from your Pinhawks? I am very tempted to get a set of these when the spring arrives in Sweden but do not find that many reviews on them online.

Hey man sorry just seeing this. Yes I am still using the pinhawks. Very comfortable with them. I love them. Very very consistent.

Hey man sorry just seeing this. Yes I am still using the pinhawks. Very comfortable with them. I love them. Very very consistent.

Thanks! I might get a set to try end of this month

Here's the link
http://golfsciencelab.com/edel-golf-single-length-irons/

I agree 100% with the shaft being a critical factor for this concept. I tried the Cobra F7 one lenghs and being a natural low ball hitter I had great difficulty getting much elevation with the 5 iron (20 yard rollout). I am thinking that a high launching shaft, even graphite, may do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I might get a set to try end of this month

As a golfer who like clubs (I'm assuming u are since ur on THP) you've made way worse purchases than trying these for $250. They aren't the best feeling, they aren't the longest, but the one length really helps with consistent ball striking which is all I've ever wanted. Plus a 4iron that's automatic 200yards and easy to hit straight is an amazing tool to have. Only guidance I can give u is just get the set 4-approach. My buddy opted for the SW and started at the 5iron and he regrets that decision. we both found the wedge not generating enough spin for chip shots. For full shots and 30-50 pitches it's fine because the ball goes so high it stops easily, but anything around the green it doesn't do the job we needed

Here's an idea from way out in left field,...... I too have been interested in going SL, but as a precursor/trial/shortcut/cheat route,... why not take an existing or older set of irons, cut the 7i-3i to 8i length, and leave 8-PW alone.? ...Im guessing bc swing weight would be all out of wack?

Here's an idea from way out in left field,...... I too have been interested in going SL, but as a precursor/trial/shortcut/cheat route,... why not take an existing or older set of irons, cut the 7i-3i to 8i length, and leave 8-PW alone.? ...Im guessing bc swing weight would be all out of wack?

Sadly some have done that but it impacts a number of things including swing weight. But also distance and ball flight.

Sadly some have done that but it impacts a number of things including swing weight. But also distance and ball flight.

Yes,.. and I realized after I wrote that, even more important would be club head lie.

As a golfer who like clubs (I'm assuming u are since ur on THP) you've made way worse purchases than trying these for $250. They aren't the best feeling, they aren't the longest, but the one length really helps with consistent ball striking which is all I've ever wanted. Plus a 4iron that's automatic 200yards and easy to hit straight is an amazing tool to have. Only guidance I can give u is just get the set 4-approach. My buddy opted for the SW and started at the 5iron and he regrets that decision. we both found the wedge not generating enough spin for chip shots. For full shots and 30-50 pitches it's fine because the ball goes so high it stops easily, but anything around the green it doesn't do the job we needed

Thanks for the advice! Yes, I am going for 4-AW

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Back