Restaurants & Attractions Recommendations for Longboat Key/Sarasota

Jeff Spicoli

Grandaddy X!!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Hand
My wife and I are headed to Longboat Key next week for about 5 days and I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for restaurants for the area. I saw a few places on TripAdvisor that look like they would be good, but was wanting to get some inupt from you all. As far as attractions go, I think we will mostly just hang on the beach if the weather allows and take it easy, but if there is something we should definitely do or see while we are there, I'm all ears.

Blue Dolphin Cafe on Longboat Key for breakfast.
Thank me later.

I second JB's recommendation for breakfast. And if they have the granola banana pancake, get it, and only get one, it's the size of a dinner plate. Amazing!

Blue Dolphin Cafe on Longboat Key for breakfast.
Thank me later.

haha I knew you know some delicious places to eat

Any thoughts for somewhere that would be good for an anniversary dinner?

Depends what you want. If you are staying in Longboat Key, not sure I can help. If going to be in Sarasota or Tampa, we have been everywhere. The best in the entire Tampa Bay area are going to be over the Skyway bridge in Tampa, but there are plenty of places that are closer.

Depends what you want. If you are staying in Longboat Key, not sure I can help. If going to be in Sarasota or Tampa, we have been everywhere. The best in the entire Tampa Bay area are going to be over the Skyway bridge in Tampa, but there are plenty of places that are closer.

Agreed. If you stay in Sarasota, I bet War Eagle would have some great suggestions for you. If you come over the bridge into Tampa you have Bern's Steakhouse. Amazing food, and a true old world experience. They have the largest wine cellar in the world, I was just there 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that fact is still true. They have a separate dessert room that is amazing!

Agreed. If you stay in Sarasota, I bet War Eagle would have some great suggestions for you. If you come over the bridge into Tampa you have Bern's Steakhouse. Amazing food, and a true old world experience. They have the largest wine cellar in the world, I was just there 2 weeks ago and they confirmed that fact is still true. They have a separate dessert room that is amazing!

Dont forget Armanis. Nothing says Anniversary quite like that view.

If your wife likes to shop St Armarnds Circle is just south of you and is a touristy area with lots of little shops and tons of restaurants. I haven't been but the Chart House is right there on Longboat and would be a good anniversary choice if you don't want to drive. For a little more casual but still really great food you can jump one Island North to Anna Maria to The Beachhouse, very good food and the most delicious bread. It's on the south end of Anna Maria so it's still very close to Longboat. If you're there and want to go hit a really cool local place for drinks after check out the Bridge tender Inn which is with in walking distance. You can sit out by the intercoastal and listen to live music with great drinks.

I would definitely pm beags. I'm going to be down there this weekend, hate to miss you.

Anniversary Dinner, best restaurant on LBK by far is Euphemia Haye. Their two specialties are Pepper Steak and Crispy Duck. One of the neatest things about this place is that it's an old house restored, and the entire attic has been reformed in to a dessert heaven, with some of the best cakes, pastries and pies you will ever have.

IMO, if you want a special dinner for an anniversary, go to Euphemia Haye. She will love it.

http://www.euphemiahaye.com/

A dessert room you say. That sounds like something we would be into.

If your wife likes to shop St Armarnds Circle is just south of you and is a touristy area with lots of little shops and tons of restaurants. I haven't been but the Chart House is right there on Longboat and would be a good anniversary choice if you don't want to drive. For a little more casual but still really great food you can jump one Island North to Anna Maria to The Beachhouse, very good food and the most delicious bread. It's on the south end of Anna Maria so it's still very close to Longboat. If you're there and want to go hit a really cool local place for drinks after check out the Bridge tender Inn which is with in walking distance. You can sit out by the intercoastal and listen to live music with great drinks.

I would definitely pm beags. I'm going to be down there this weekend, hate to miss you.

Thanks for the info. Sucks we will miss each other by a week. Hopefully we can meet up for the testing Friday.

Anniversary Dinner, best restaurant on LBK by far is Euphemia Haye. Their two specialties are Pepper Steak and Crispy Duck. One of the neatest things about this place is that it's an old house restored, and the entire attic has been reformed in to a dessert heaven, with some of the best cakes, pastries and pies you will ever have.

IMO, if you want a special dinner for an anniversary, go to Euphemia Haye. She will love it.

http://www.euphemiahaye.com/

This was one of the restaurants I was looking at. Thanks.

Memories. I proposed to my wife at the berns dessert room. Amazing food, wine cellar tour and then up to the dessert room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mention of Taco Bus?

No mention of Taco Bus?
Tried that place for the first time last night. I'm not sure I've ever been that disappointed.

For a nice lunch on the beach and cool tiki bar try Gulf Drive Cafe on Anna Maria. I second The Chart House its a chain but consistent and nice view of the inlet. I have not had a chance to try Euphemia Haye but based on the recommendation and their menu I don't think you can go wrong. If you have time for a casual dinner but great consistent food try Caragiulo's in downtown Sarasota, or Owens Fish Camp also downtown Sarasota (park around the corner and walk in). I really enjoy both of those. If you do find yourself in St Armands Circle Friday and Saturday nights go to 15 South Ristorante for dinner and Latin music and Salsa dancing. Happy Anniversary and hope you have a good trip.

I have to reiterate my recommendation for the Beach house. We went last night and had a great meal. If nothing else the Pink Colada bread is worth going for.

Wake,

We will check it out. Thanks dude. I think we will also go to Euphemia Haye on Saturday

Thanks everyone for their input. We went to Euphemia Haye. It was outstanding. Leslie loved it.

Back