Riviera Country Club guest policy

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was listening to The Shotgun Start podcast and they said the guest fee goes up each time a person plays there.

Any truth to that and does anyone else have something similar.

they must not want guests coming back.

I believe it. A country club here only allows the same guest 4 times in a year, and it's not even a really nice one.

Membership policies changed there a number of years ago. Supposedly there are no more individual memberships (corporate only) which could have something to do with it. I'm not sure if the fees change, as I've never been asked to pay.

I was listening to The Shotgun Start podcast and they said the guest fee goes up each time a person plays there.

I have a friend that is a member there.
He said its not quite like that, but like a number of clubs, after two guest plays, the fee goes way up. Its a deterrent in a lot of ways, and I know a few other clubs like it.

Part of the exclusivity of very high end Country Club golf.
Cost's a lot of money to keep a place like that in too shape all the time.

I believe it. A country club here only allows the same guest 4 times in a year, and it's not even a really nice one.
Our course is only 6 times a year. They don’t count tournaments towards that though. Just normal rounds with a member. They also are kind of selective on when they enforce.

I have a friend that is a member there.
He said its not quite like that, but like a number of clubs, after two guest plays, the fee goes way up. Its a deterrent in a lot of ways, and I know a few other clubs like it.
If Dormie Club is like this, please let me know. I am more than happy to check in under my pseudonym:

Barry Litigious

That's actually kind of awesome haha

Not that golf is particularly feasible to begin with in that region at that tier, but I love the concept for places that have activity concerns.

If Dormie Club is like this, please let me know. I am more than happy to check in under my pseudonym:

Barry Litigious

They will make an announcement on the loud speaker in Super Troopers “it’s for a lawyer”

Not surprised though seems alittle petty tbh. How much do they think a guest realky is gonna get to play there?

I cannot imagine how much it would cost for me to play as Fletch Underhill.
1676519151964.gif

ok I get exclusivity, but in my world the point of country club golf is that you bring a client / prospect /relationship when you play... sooo basically a club like this only wants people from within their circle? Am I understanding correctly?

no business on course unless business is withing the membership?

Ummm that is ridiculous. If I’m taking a guest there and it happens more than once or twice I’m ok with rates going up. As a member we pay to be a member.

Only the guest fee, not your fees! Those go up all on their own :(
I get it…especially if you keep bringing the same guest…why wouldn’t they just join then?

I get it…especially if you keep bringing the same guest…why wouldn’t they just join then?
If I knew a member, I’d probably ask once a year if I could go play. I’m clearly not local, and definitely cannot afford it haha

If I knew a member, I’d probably ask once a year if I could go play. I’m clearly not local, and definitely cannot afford it haha
I’m not sure of what the scenario might be but I’m ok with that

I have a rater friend who is a member. He has let it be known to the rater world that if you are in the area and he's around he'd gladly play with you. But as this guy is also a member at Morfontaine and my guess is I'd get one arrow, I'm leaning toward that one. Just have no plans that would incorporate a drop by in that arena.

It makes sense to me. It seems you'd be fine with a member bringing a guest by occasionally. Maybe a client, maybe an old friend or family member. But if they are coming out on a regular basis, they are essentially getting the benefits of membership without the same investment.

I’m not sure of what the scenario might be but I’m ok with that
When I meet one, I'll let you know. You'll probably hear it on the news, "Florida man lays under LA driver's car, refuses to leave until they play golf"

It makes sense to me. It seems you'd be fine with a member bringing a guest by occasionally. Maybe a client, maybe an old friend or family member. But if they are coming out on a regular basis, they are essentially getting the benefits of membership without the same investment.
This is true. Many clubs don't want free loading recurring guests.

Back