Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominations

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I certainly don't equate Rock and Roll with some of these. Only 5 go in. Who you got, if any?

Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 9.53.58 AM.png

Oh ****.

For me….

Ozzy
Foreigner
Oasis
Jane’s Addiction
Frampton

I'm going with:
Cher
Dave Matthews Band
Foreigner
Peter Frampton
Ozzy Osbourne

I struggle with the Rock and Roll HOF because clearly Mariah Carey is not Rock.

Only 5...

DMB
Foreigner
Oasis
Lenny
Frampton

The fact that Foreigner isn’t already in is total ******** by the way.

Cher
Erik B & Rakim
Sinead
Ozzy
Foreigner

Cher
Foreigner
Frampton
Kool & the Gang
Ozzy

Who doesn’t know who the hell Eric and Rahim are?
Justin Bieber Coffee GIF by TimHortons

Yes, clearly they are reaching too far with this nominees list. Trying to stay relevant and interesting I suppose. If they seriously think Sade, Mariah Carey, and Mary J. Blige are worthy then they need to change the name to the Popular Music Hall of Fame.

If it's really the Rock and Roll HOF then Ozzy and Foreigner definitely. DMB, Frampton, and a few others on that list are maybes. I'm only vaguely aware of Eric B. and A Tribe Called Quest.

If it is called what I think it is actually doing; The Music Hall of Fame, then these names make sense. My votes are:
  • Ozzy
  • Dave Matthews
  • Peter Frampton
  • Oasis
  • Tribe Called Quest

What are the nomination criteria here? If they don't get elected here do they never get in?

Foreigner
Jane's Addiction
Peter Frampton
Ozzy Osbourne
Lenny Kravitz

Can we just rename this to Music Hall of Fame and be done with it?

Where is Warren Zevon. No idea why is not in or at least nominated again.

I shouldn’t be allowed to have an opinion on this because I’ve never heard of a few of these, have never listened to most of them, and I’m not a big fan of the rest.

R&R Hall of Fame needs to pull down the shades and bolt the door. Maybe warehouse the memorabilia and call it a day…they’ve lost all relevance at this point.

Missy Elliot gets in while Motley Crue sits on the sideline. Tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Rock and Roll HoF. But if these are my choices:

Foreigner
Frampton
Ozzy
Jane’s Addiction
I dunno, Cher maybe?

Who doesn’t know who the hell Eric and Rahim are?
Justin Bieber Coffee GIF by TimHortons
Of course they’re Eric Compton and Jon Rahm…although you misspelled Rahm. Not sure either belongs in the hall of fame however. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That place is a joke and why is it in Cleveland?

That place is a joke and why is it in Cleveland?
Why was Mount Rushmore made in South Dakota? Both were made to be tourist attractions. To bring visitors to a place that needed tourist dollars.

First 4 for me are easy calls - Frampton, Ozzy, Foreigner and DMB. Last spot is a toss-up between Lenny, Kool and the Gang and Cher.

I'll bet my lunch money that Mariah Carey and Mary J. Blige get in.

Jane's paved the way for all that we experienced in the 90's. No brainer imo.

Back