Rory Pitches a Champions League

Hacker67

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score

Isnt that what the PGA Tour aspires to be and has been in years past for over a decade now?

So he wants what LIV was supposed to be...

Welcome to the party, pal.

There's some elements of this i agree with, and i'm not a huge Rory fan. But i've long said that from a fan experience the best thing the tour could do is separate the top guys from the jabronis more.

Meaning like 15 events where ALL the top guys play....and then the rest of the schedule is the lesser knowns trying to qualify for that the following year

like 70% of the tournaments have weak fields now (LIV is also a reason for that). There's little appeal to watching John Jackson and Jack Johnson battle down the stretch. Those tournaments could be on the CW or wherever.

I only really want to watch the 15 events where everyone plays

So, i kinda get it

Also Rory sucks

Lucky for McIlroy that he is already a member of a "champions" tour. It is called the PGA Tour. :cool:

And, the PGA Tour could do a much better job reflecting the international nature and draw of pro golf. I think of tennis and four majors in four different countries and regular tournaments that span the globe. In a time of change, why not do something along those lines with the PGA Tour?

Isnt that what the PGA Tour aspires to be and has been in years past for over a decade now?
Literally my first thought. It's already set up.

Oh Rory...

Right, no need for a new tour, we have the Majors for the best of the best, and that's enough for 99% of golf fans.

Rory's translation - golf is in trouble and we need to do something, how about this idea?

Sounds like the PGA tour to me.

Maybe like a Major winners league would be interesting. But at what point is enough enough. We have a bunch of tours already. PGA tour to me should be the cream of the crop, Liv supports the team aspect that I find pretty cool personally, Then we got the lesser feeder leagues. I mean, I feel like we are all covered at this point.

Just spit balling here Id like to see LIV go away from the individual focus and focus the most on the teams (which appears like they are doing that) and the PGA tour focuses on the very best individuals in the world. A top of the food chain teams league like every other league I think would be fun. Especially with big grounds. Imagine the WM event with a team competition. That would be awesome.

Sounds like the PGA tour to me.

Maybe like a Major winners league would be interesting. But at what point is enough enough. We have a bunch of tours already. PGA tour to me should be the cream of the crop, Liv supports the team aspect that I find pretty cool personally, Then we got the lesser feeder leagues. I mean, I feel like we are all covered at this point.

Just spit balling here Id like to see LIV go away from the individual focus and focus the most on the teams (which appears like they are doing that) and the PGA tour focuses on the very best individuals in the world. A top of the food chain teams league like every other league I think would be fun. Especially with big grounds. Imagine the WM event with a team competition. That would be awesome.
The team aspect can work, the “franchise” aspect is troublesome.

Well isn’t that a very fresh 30 year old idea.

Someone in his circle should help him take off the blinders. Embarrassing

No. I think he wants a league that is above/on top of LIV, PGA and the Euro tour. I don't see any hypocrisy here.
Hypocrisy GIF

Will someone please call Rory’s mom and tell her to pick him up?

They should have like Major tournaments, like 4 times a year or something. Make them real humdingers. It would be a gas.
Genius, I like it, what shall we call them? :ROFLMAO:

So he’s basically saying what Norman has been saying and trying to do all along.

On a lot of levels isn’t that what the PGAT is, the top level of pro golf?

Instead of a league, just some scattered big shot tournaments. $1,000,000 entry fee, 36 players. $10,000,000 first place, $5,000,000 second, $2,000,000 third. Fourth place a set of steak knives. Put up or shut up.

I don't agree. I think this new league should be comprised of just the top two players in the world.

Rory has really changed his tune since Rahm left.

The 4 Majors are nice but not nearly enough to satisfy the worldwide demand for high-quality tournaments.

So Rory wants to turn the signature events into its own league.

Of course, the PGAT would then become another KF.

Rory has really changed his tune since Rahm left.

The 4 Majors are nice but not nearly enough to satisfy the worldwide demand for high-quality tournaments.

So Rory wants to turn the signature events into its own league.

Of course, the PGAT would then become another KF.

I think the 4 majors should be just that. The 4 majors and they are the pinnacle of golf. Adding more just takes away from the prestige of winning a major.

How many players are currently channeling their inner Grayson Murray?

Back