That sounds pretty perfect, may be chilly starting but will be perfect for the second half. It was high 60s when I finished and that felt hot at that point.

Pretty much the temps I've trained in the last 4 weeks. I wore an UA thin long sleeve, so could probably go with that.

Good luck dude!! You are bolder than I haha. I'm pretty confident I could do a 1/2, the big issue is I just get bored running that long haha.

Not sure how wanting to run a marathon came about, but it's here now and time to check it off. However I have a feeling it won't be the last.

Not sure how wanting to run a marathon came about, but it's here now and time to check it off. However I have a feeling it won't be the last.
I thought mine would be mine only, but I am thinking I will do the Marine Corps

Well all the preparation is complete and all that is left is to get it done. What once started out as a thought will become a reality. Many call me insane for wanting to run a marathon, but to me its determination. 26.2 may just be a number, but I'm ready to knock it out tomorrow.

Well all the preparation is complete and all that is left is to get it done. What once started out as a thought will become a reality. Many call me insane for wanting to run a marathon, but to me its determination. 26.2 may just be a number, but I'm ready to knock it out tomorrow.

Knock them dead!!!

Good luck tomorrow! You're right about 26.2 being a number but crossing the finishing line provides a serious dose of euphoria. Start easy and hold as much energy in the tank as possible until mile 21 or 22 (it's harder than you think for competitive people). After that...let it rip.

I'm excited for you. It's an awesome feeling crossing the line.

You got this buddy, good luck!

You got this buddy!

Seriously though, walk through all the aid station areas. Even the early ones.

And if you can remember, try to finish underneath the race clock, so it's in your finish line photo.

Congrats to MMaynard, just saw he finished

What an accomplishment! Congrats!

Congrats mmaynard! One heck of an accomplishment.

Congrats MMaynard!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Congratulations. You are a better man than I, Gunga Din

Let me say I did not listen to everyone's advice. Felt good as hell running 7:35 pace for first 12 miles then the cramps in my legs hit hard. Locked up really bad but I powered through thanks to family.

...and thanks for all the congrats!!

Congrats my friend. That's an awesome accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Great job Matt!! Hell of an accomplishment. Running 12 miles at 7:35 pace is out of my wheelhouse hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Congrats Matt! That is an amazing accomplishment!

Great job Matt!! Hell of an accomplishment. Running 12 miles at 7:35 pace is out of my wheelhouse hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That didn't help as my last 10 were at 10:20/min pace. Lol.
Finished well off were I wanted to at 4:04. I'll take it with only really following a marathon training schedule for 4 wks.

Man the hook has been set. I want to get out and run, but my vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, and vastus intermedius are a bit tender. Can't believe I am looking at half marathons for middle of next month.

Man the hook has been set. I want to get out and run, but my vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, and vastus intermedius are a bit tender. Can't believe I am looking at half marathons for middle of next month.
I gotta get back in it, I was wanting to jump right J to a half training and didn't, and now find it hard to get working knowing I'm not doing a race until the fall.

Back