I gotta get back in it, I was wanting to jump right J to a half training and didn't, and now find it hard to get working knowing I'm not doing a race until the fall.

Definitely the tough part. I am scrambling looking for a race whether it be another full or half to do. Not to many Full Marathons that I can find in Florida. May not be lookin in the right place.

Start hitting the road tomorrow with a 2-3 mile run.

Running a 5k with my daughter in a few weeks snow free looking forward to seeing how she does. Practice one next friday could be interesting

Running a 5k with my daughter in a few weeks snow free looking forward to seeing how she does. Practice one next friday could be interesting

Which one are you doing? Wife and son want to do a 5k.

Definitely the tough part. I am scrambling looking for a race whether it be another full or half to do. Not to many Full Marathons that I can find in Florida. May not be lookin in the right place.

Start hitting the road tomorrow with a 2-3 mile run.
There are none in the summer. It's just too hot, there will be a bunch late fall and winter

There are none in the summer. It's just too hot, there will be a bunch late fall and winter

That was what I was thinking as well. Guess I'll have to travel.

That was what I was thinking as well. Guess I'll have to travel.
A bunch of people from my club are headed out to Utah in September for Big Cottonwood, it's all downhill.

A bunch of people from my club are headed out to Utah in September for Big Cottonwood, it's all downhill.

Hope your friends do a lot of downhill training before the event. Tucson marathon has about 2,500 feet of elevation drop and it crushed my quads around mile 19 or 20. I finished with a reasonable time by my legs were hurting way more than usual at the end. Running downhill is harder on your body then uphill. That's what makes Boston hard.

Hope your friends do a lot of downhill training before the event. Tucson marathon has about 2,500 feet of elevation drop and it crushed my quads around mile 19 or 20. I finished with a reasonable time by my legs were hurting way more than usual at the end. Running downhill is harder on your body then uphill. That's what makes Boston hard.
That's why I passed, I don't think my knees would survive

That's why I passed, I don't think my knees would survive

Smart move. I looked up Big Cottonwood. Scenery looks awesome. 5,255 feet of elevation drop. Uffda!!!!

I am totally skimming here, but do any of you guys use a belt that holds your phone and keys and stuff. Basically it's a fanny pack for running.

I picked one up and it's freaking awesome. Josh keeps making fun of me, but I don't care it's so nice to be able to run, walk Arrow, work in the garden all while listening to music totally hands free. And when running, it stays in place the entire time, it's nice and secure around my waist/hips.

I am totally skimming here, but do any of you guys use a belt that holds your phone and keys and stuff. Basically it's a fanny pack for running.

I picked one up and it's freaking awesome. Josh keeps making fun of me, but I don't care it's so nice to be able to run, walk Arrow, work in the garden all while listening to music totally hands free. And when running, it stays in place the entire time, it's nice and secure around my waist/hips.

Yes I have one of the brands that expands to put my phone, id, and keys in. I love it. Every runner I know has one and everyone on race day will have some sort of one. Tell JB to start running with you.

Sounds like I need to get one. I just use my shirt pocket, but always feel like my phone is going to fly out.

Sounds like I need to get one. I just use my shirt pocket, but always feel like my phone is going to fly out.

Me too apparently. The only thing I ever bring with me is my key, which goes in the little pocket on my running shirt, but like mmaynard, I find myself always checking it and not trusting it completely. Plus on longer runs, especially out in the country a little bit, I wonder whether it's a good idea for me to running sans phone, just in case I hurt myself.

Me too apparently. The only thing I ever bring with me is my key, which goes in the little pocket on my running shirt, but like mmaynard, I find myself always checking it and not trusting it completely. Plus on longer runs, especially out in the country a little bit, I wonder whether it's a good idea for me to running sans phone, just in case I hurt myself.
I won't lie, it looks like a fanny pack but you can put it under your shirt. It's awesome.

I won't lie, it looks like a fanny pack but you can put it under your shirt. It's awesome.

1987 called; they want their fanny pack back. Just because it has a new name doesn't mean it's not the same thing! :)

I need a dislike button for this one.

You are just jealous because I am the one comfortably running hands free while listening to music.

I find the ban button gets the point across

I need a dislike button for this one.

You are just jealous because I am the one comfortably running hands free while listening to music.

I could see this useful for yardwork like mowing the lawn and whatnot. You saw right through my post to the jealousy...

I have one, but I usually only use it on longer runs. It definitely comes in handy. I don't carry my keys or phone with me when I run, but on the longer runs, I'll have my Advocare Rehydrate gel pack and some toilet paper in a ziploc bag (just in case you have an emergency).

I have one I used for my marathon, I also have a hydro belt that I use on long runs when water is not available, and it also has a compartment. It is great for GUs and keys.

I still keep my phone in my pocket though, I like to fiddle with it too much.

First really nice day yesterday so I went for a run outside down by the river. Felt so good to not be on a treadmill.

I have one I used for my marathon, I also have a hydro belt that I use on long runs when water is not available, and it also has a compartment. It is great for GUs and keys.

I still keep my phone in my pocket though, I like to fiddle with it too much.

How is that hydro belt? I've always hated the thought of carrying extra weight, but can't carry a water bottle, therefore I strategically place water along my route.

Speed work today...
8d29bb84855cb7605e1e006bc9bf1562.jpg

Back