Sauerkraut....yay!!!! Or Nay....

Yup. Mustard, relish, sauteed red onion and kraut on hot dogs.

Kraut on Reubens and tuna melts.

As someone who is the kid of a German immigrant I am all in on the kraut.

always in the rotation

Unknown.png

As someone who is the kid of a German immigrant I am all in on the kraut.

Excuse me! My Mom was 100% Polish heritage, so I am 50%. She couldn't tolerate cabbage, and neither can I! I should say that both of these situations descended on us later in life. As a child I started out hating cabbage since I considered it "yucky"! My Mom made stuffed cabbage all the time! I'd eat the stuffing, and give the the cabbage to my older Sister, who loved it! Eventually, I tried it, and found out that I liked it.

But there came a point where my digestive system just would not tolerate it any more!

This is Wisconsin, of course I love Kraut. I prefer the caraway kraut on a hotdog, reuben or brat.

On a brat, yes…. Otherwise, no.

Sauerkraut is great just made eight jars Friday with more to come as cabbage ripens.

I’ve only ever had it on a hot dog, reuben, brat and kielbasa. I dig it. Not a thing here in NC, slaw seeming to be the substitute on hot dogs. I like that too.

Huge NAY for me. I hate the smell!

I didn't hate the smell. I didn't hate the taste! The only thing that I hated was the effect! You have to be serious about this! I'd eat cabbage and felt like I would explode! This is not a trivial issue!

Yessir

I hate sauerkraut, but I like a lot of things that they traditionally top with sauerkraut.

Kraut is very good for you, too.

Bratwurst and Kraut, Kraut by itself. It is a health food.

Yeah! That's where the "cabbage soup craze" of a few years ago came from! Cabbage will make you crap like crazy. The more that you crap, the less you weigh! Seems kind of obvious doesn't it? Move that food through you as quickly as possible and get rid of it! My Bro lost a ton of weight on the "diet", but it did him no long term good!

Back