Sauerkraut....yay!!!! Or Nay....

That's a hard NOPE for me, cant even stand the smell.

I’ll pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Negative. I got in one of the biggest arguments with an ex-girlfriend over that stuff. I told her I couldn't stand it and she said "Oh, but I make an awesome dish with sauerkraut and beef. You'll love it, I promise". I took one bite, walked to the garbage can, spit it out and walked out to the door to go get some Burger King. She was HOT, to say the least. Never again.

Sauerkraut that is cooked in a frying pan with apple cider vinegar and some brown sugar to take the sourness out of it is the only way I eat it.

I love the kraut. I do a kraut and ribs dish a couple times a year. And please don't tell me you have brats with Kraut, I won't leave your house.

I really like it with a hot dog or chili dog but haven't tried it any other way. Also, have never tried any that didn't come out of a can.

Yeah for sure, grew up on it, and it it whenever I can!

A brat + krout on a bun + a good cold pilsner and I am a happy boy!

Both my grandmothers were largely German. I like kraut very much but only on the typical stuff: brats, kielbasa, hotdogs.

But gotta admit, I was ignorant to the variety of kraut. I'd be willing to try more with different dishes but I wouldn't know where to begin, LOL...

I’m a big fan on hot dogs, brats and really any kind of German sausage. Never adventured much beyond that but it’s a definite YAY for me.

Oh yeah! I love rotten cabbage, German or Korean style either way.

Only on a reuben sandwich!

Nay all the way!

Wow - genuinely shocked. Who knew there were people out there that didn't like sauerkraut?

Life is full of surprises...

Lol was thinking the same thing. We must be weird

Both my grandmothers were largely German. I like kraut very much but only on the typical stuff: brats, kielbasa, hotdogs.

But gotta admit, I was ignorant to the variety of kraut. I'd be willing to try more with different dishes but I wouldn't know where to begin, LOL...

The link I posted ships anywhere.....it’s so good

I lived just outside of Nuremburg for 4 years so I had my share of Kraut, Brats lots of Hefe and Dunkel Weisen.

To put it quite simply: :sick:

Big yes. My aunt cans it and hers is delicious. Eat it plain or on a variety of things.

Look my last name is Korfmacher. It’s German . My fathers parents immigrated (legally) through Ellis Island in 1924 from the motherland just outside of Düsseldorf Germany. My mother’s side of the family is 50-60% German as well.....so I’m basically an American Kraut.

My dad's side is German - we used to do a lot of kraut when the old folks (great aunts) cooked for us. I like it!

Only on a corned beef reuben, don’t really care for it at all on its own.

This for sure! Love reubens!

This place makes the absolute best sauerkraut I’ve ever had and it’s because they have so many different varieties that you can basically eat it cold, on its own. Lol www.clevelandkraut.com

I generally like sauerkraut, it, but my wife hates it - so I've gotten out of the habit of eating sauerkraut other than with reubens. I'll have to check out that company.

It's a yay for me. I used to hate it as a kid but as an adult my tastes have changed and I really like it now!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

My inclination is a nay.

I have a German background too, but hell no to the sauerkraut. Doesn't even appeal to me in the slightest.

Its a love it from me. FWIW, I like kimchi too.

Back