Sauerkraut....yay!!!! Or Nay....

I'm on board with Kraut. I probably could eat it on anything.

I'm on board with Kraut. I probably could eat it on anything.

I’m with this guy. Reubens, hot dogs, sausage or whatever else sounds good

Big yay. Couldn't stand it when I was a kid, now I love it. Any kind of cased meat, dogs, brats, whatever. I'll eat it hot as a side vege. Sometimes I'll just snack on it cold. And I am Italian.

yeah I dig the stuff. I'm going to have to try it on more things though after reading some things I'd never thought to try it on!!

I am german and I never liked Sauerkraut but this stuff looks cool - :)

It really is all very different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

negative-e1473727943591.png

That stuff is as bad as kimchi. Very hard pass.

Serious love for it on anything hot or cold is fine with me I will be looking to see your favorite here on Illinois shelves when I go shopping next

Big yes on a Rueben or brat but really that’s it for me.

Look my last name is Korfmacher. It’s German . My fathers parents immigrated (legally) through Ellis Island in 1924 from the motherland just outside of Düsseldorf Germany. My mother’s side of the family is 50-60% German as well.....so I’m basically and American Kraut.

Which leads me to this topic. Some people love it...some people can’t live without it. Some people hate it and can’t stand the smell. I contend you can literally put sauerkraut on any sandwich, taco., wrap, as a side, an appetizer, a sauerkraut ball....the possibilities are endless. Cleveland being a very European ethnic town has had a resurgence of the love for this cabbagey goodness and I wondered if it’s making its way around other parts yet.

This place makes the absolute best sauerkraut I’ve ever had and it’s because they have so many different varieties that you can basically eat it cold, on its own. Lol www.clevelandkraut.com

0b5f6089dc6a8f86d300dc53699ba37f.jpg
8fab0a93c3b11a6c2684212f83870a69.jpg
c19e2877dc35b8ef067cc32294e2d607.jpg

As it turns out......the brand i posted above on 1/29/19 is now the FASTEST growing fermented foods company in the united states. Pretty cool story and rally healthy for you. If you see it, give it a try. https://www.clevelandkitchen.com/
45K3NTHMSJGIZE4GAHUAXVUYJE.jpg

https://www.cleveland.com/entertain...ge-national-brand-lands-on-inc-5000-list.html

I'm a big "Yay!" on the kraut. As a vegetarian, I order "meatless" Ruebens all the time and love them. Kraut balls, kraut with mashed spuds, yeah, all kinds of stuff.

Hard pass on the Kraut.

But kimchi.....Yum Yum!

I grew up on sauerkraut as well as other vinegar based or fermented type food so I think it is all amazing.

Hard Pass

Oh hell no.. NO sauerkraut

My wife likes to make pork and sauerkraut every New Year and I don't eat that stuff at all.

I am definitely a fan of sauerkraut.

I like it on polish dogs or italian sausages. I have had it in other dishes as well and enjoyed it.

Yep. Love some kraut on a polish or a Reuben. Good kraut on just about any hotdog honestly.

Just the smell makes me want to puke. Its a sure fire way to make perfectly good food inedible.

My grandparents immigrated (also legally) from Austria and always made and canned their own. I love the stuff but I've never found any as good as my grandmothers'.

I like kraut, especially the really good stuff. We learned a while back that if you cook the kraut with some apple slices, it really moderates the strong acidity taste while maintaining the many nutritional benefits.

I used to be able to find some kraut from Munich/Bavaria that was milder and just delightful, but haven't seen it in a few years. The norm is to be harsh and bitey, this was smooth and really nice.

I love kraut on a brat with brown mustard

B8EC9A1B-638E-4032-9AA5-F761F91262F3.jpeg

Back