Scotty Cameron putters

You think it will hit $10k? Can't you do something like this any time?
A fitting is $300 ($395) and can be scheduled any time.

Let's figure out the value of the experience.

Fitting: $300+
Prototype walking bag: ($2000 if it's cool)
MOTO Putter: $600
Goodie bag: $700 secondary market value (probably)
Meet & Greet with Scotty: Free - he pops into the gallery all the time

So street value +/- $3600

with bids at $20k already, someone is feeling very generous. Which is great.

I'm kind of irked by the fact that they're only including a MOTO putter with this. It seems kinda shi*ty. I would expect you could be generous and include a custom fit tour putter - as they cost pretty much the same to produce.:(

A fitting is $300 ($395) and can be scheduled any time.

Let's figure out the value of the experience.

Fitting: $300+
Prototype walking bag: ($2000 if it's cool)
MOTO Putter: $600
Goodie bag: $700 secondary market value (probably)
Meet & Greet with Scotty: Free - he pops into the gallery all the time

So street value +/- $3600

with bids at $20k already, someone is feeling very generous. Which is great.

I'm kind of irked by the fact that they're only including a MOTO putter with this. It seems kinda shi*ty. I would expect you could be generous and include a custom fit tour putter - as they cost pretty much the same to produce.:(
Considering the kind of money that will inevitably go into it, a gallery-release worthy offering should have been assumed.

...it's not like it costs any more than most others, short of maybe time.

its at 18K and could be 30K? idk but im walking in there saying hey scotty get in the back and create something for me... i dont want to sound yucky but my goodness.
money going to a good cause, ok great thats awesome.

its at 18K and could be 30K? idk but im walking in there saying hey scotty get in the back and create something for me... i dont want to sound yucky but my goodness.
money going to a good cause, ok great thats awesome.
I'm with you 100% I don't care where the money goes. If Scotty is the one who is looking to come off as charitable, by donating your money, the least he could do is make a putter specifically for you.

Screw the gallery. This thing should be an invite to the studio, where you get to sign your name on the wall next to Tiger's and all the other greats that have passed through there for a custom putter

I'm with you 100% I don't care where the money goes. If Scotty is the one who is looking to come off as charitable, by donating your money, the least he could do is make a putter specifically for you.

Screw the gallery. This thing should be an invite to the studio, where you get to sign your name on the wall next to Tiger's and all the other greats that have passed through there for a custom putter
Imagine the money that would bring in...

Imagine the money that would bring in...
Right? VIP customers get invited to the studio (the ones who spend gobs and gobs of money,) Scotty also makes them special things and whatnot. If they can do it, imagine what kind of experience could be created for someone with deep pockets.

I think, again, it comes down to ego. A big spender, who isn't a VIP customer isn't worthy of a truly special experience.

Right? VIP customers get invited to the studio (the ones who spend gobs and gobs of money,) Scotty also makes them special things and whatnot. If they can do it, imagine what kind of experience could be created for someone with deep pockets.

I think, again, it comes down to ego. A big spender, who isn't a VIP customer isn't worthy of a truly special experience.
For all that I love about Scotty putters, that reality is a tough one to swallow.

Then again, at least he's doing SOMETHING and it's hard to be critical when there's that.

For all that I love about Scotty putters, that reality is a tough one to swallow.

Then again, at least he's doing SOMETHING and it's hard to be critical when there's that.
I dunno. Call me a cynic, but this feels more like pressure from the folks at Titleist.

Titleist publicity manager: Hey Scotty, you're the only one who hasn't signed on - it would be great if we could get all of the big names in our brand to take part - you know to make us look good.

Scotty: Fine. Hey guy who gets my coffee. Put together a goodie bag, and tell someone they can come to the store that's open to the public.

I dunno. Call me a cynic, but this feels more like pressure from the folks at Titleist.

Titleist publicity manager: Hey Scotty, you're the only one who hasn't signed on - it would be great if we could get all of the big names in our brand to take part - you know to make us look good.

Scotty: Fine. Hey guy who gets my coffee. Put together a goodie bag, and tell someone they can come to the store that's open to the public.
1587745874246.png

im guessing theyve decided this is more of a charity opportunity rather than receiving a handmade putter.
its up to $18500 with 6 days to go.
a handmade could go anywhere from 5k and up? i mean a really crazy special one could be 12k?
so in thinking i spend 18500 meet scotty, get a handmade for 10k and sell it im out 8500 for meeting him.

i mean theres guys who go there everyday in hopes of meeting him and picking up gallery releases that they put out at different times, for free.

strange deal with this one but it is what it is. the scotty cameron phenomenon train will always continue to chug along.

imo the butch harmon deal would be the best for me im thinking, 2 hour lesson and 9 holes, the lesson along i could take away something for a lifetime to use..

if someone did a bad paint fill on a scotty what can you use to take the paint fill off?
what kind of putter shaft is in a scotty cameron? @Canadan @Space Bandito

if someone did a bad paint fill on a scotty what can you use to take the paint fill off?
what kind of putter shaft is in a scotty cameron? @Canadan @Space Bandito
Acetone. or if you're just trying to remove a small area, Citristrip

Shafts are made by Nippon. Proprietary .580 butt diameter.

I dropped the weight of the Super Rat down to 340g and I kind of love it. Not sure if it’ll carry into the season, but it felt really connected to my stroke.

TInkering is fun.

I know its just me but I have found that a subtle weight change in the grip can be the difference between pulling, pushing, and straight putts
That's absolutely a fact. (y)

I dropped the weight of the Super Rat down to 340g and I kind of love it. Not sure if it’ll carry into the season, but it felt really connected to my stroke.

TInkering is fun.
It'll be interesting to see if that lasts for you. I think I've finally learned I prefer a lighter putter myself.

It'll be interesting to see if that lasts for you. I think I've finally learned I prefer a lighter putter myself.
part of me hopes it's great, part of me hopes it doesn't last hahaha

I think most of the 'fun' putters out there right now have a relatively common 350g weight.

Went out to hit range balls and it looked so lonesome. Believe it or not, it’s my first Newport 2 or Newport for that matter..

CE40221F-9174-40AE-BD76-B30C84E9A522.jpeg

Back