Scotty Cameron putters

Completely disheartened by this whole thing now and I can only focus on the staining when over the ball (it is stupid, but it is what it is). I checked on the SC website and it looks like about $230 to refinish it in the new Black finish with gray lines and add a alignment dot which would look great, but having over $500 in a Putter seems crazy even to me.

My local store said they may send it back to Titleist, I will confirm that tomorrow when the Owners are in. I did not buy it there so I don't blame them if they don't want to get involved at all.

After the conversation I had with the Titleist repair shop phone Rep. I am not too excited about that whole program. Most likely it will be 2-3 weeks and if they just buff it out it will rust even faster IMO once they raise the grain.

I may just dump this thing on the Bay and retool. With the Bridgestone Championship in a few weeks I hate to deal with this now, but have to make a decision one way or the other or I will not be a happy Hacker.
Check out BOS Golf. They do great work for a better price than Scooters little rip-off shop.
BOS used to actually do all of the finishes for Scotty before SC brought it all in house.

Thanks for the info, they are certainly much cheaper. If the local shop will send it back for me, I am going that route and then depending on what the Repair shop end's up doing decide if I want to keep it.

Thanks for the info, they are certainly much cheaper. If the local shop will send it back for me, I am going that route and then depending on what the Repair shop end's up doing decide if I want to keep it.

do you have a pic of the rust? maybe i can help

Sent it off (X5) to the Titleist Repair shop via my Local shop, it cost me the freight and we will see what they decide to do about it.

I'm so surprised that they didn't just make it right for you from the get go.

as far as BOS goes they do some amazing work.

For Jim to see

I just got my California back from BOS, I think they did an incredible job.
3c2e5500b2007c2f758b6614106ec837.jpg
a80e22adffdd2981b717668b6db9993e.jpg
71df084a13cec535ca94a82524be29dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their website (BOS) was pretty cool, I got a kick that all the putters shown are S.C. and their prices were real low but that long lead time is a killer. Oh well, I am committed now so let the chips fall where they may. I went ahead and bought a CURE RXi to use in the mean time so the battle for the bag spot will begin.

Either way I will have a nice clean looking X5 again, it is a fantastic Putter and it is ashamed the finish is so fragile. Actually there is no finish on it at all and that is where the problem comes from, if it is not dry when you put the head cover on it this can happen (so I am told). The clubs live in the back of my truck (with a hard cover on it) which is black and sitting out in the Florida sun it seems impossible it could stay damp at all, but that is the reasoning behind the rusting.

I was nervous about the time and from shipping to getting it back was 2 weeks. And that's cause I didn't send it fast it took like 5 days to get there.

Yeah, those are slick!

I've never thought Scotty's were special even though I own one and have owned a couple others in the past. I've only played maybe 20 rounds with a Cameron Putter in my life, although the one in my man cave is pretty to look at.

It might just be my experience but nearly all of the Scotty Cameron users at my club are without a doubt the "big hat no cattle type", especially when it comes to their putting ability.

I've never thought Scotty's were special even though I own one and have owned a couple others in the past. I've only played maybe 20 rounds with a Cameron Putter in my life, although the one in my man cave is pretty to look at.

It might just be my experience but nearly all of the Scotty Cameron users at my club are without a doubt the "big hat no cattle type", especially when it comes to their putting ability.

Im sure most of those guys just grabbed the nicest one on the rack with little thought to whether or not it fit them. Status purchase, I imagine. Form over function.

The X5 to me was the best rolling Putter in the Store and that was the deciding factor in buying, but as streaky as Putting is (at least for me) it seems some days (or weeks) you could putt with a log and make everything and others it could be a $3,000 Custom Scotty and burn edges all day. In the end it is all what makes you happy.

I was one of those guys that just wasn't going to ever buy a Scotty Cameron putter, ever...

But, ever, came a lot sooner than I'd imagined.

I loved my Ping putter, but lately, I just never felt confident with it. Last week I actually bagged my 9 yr old daughters putter because I felt more confident with it...

I went to the local Golfsmith, and hit putters for almost an hour each of two days...day 1 I realized I liked the Scotty Futura X the most, but wanted no part of bagging a Scotty.

It was clear after the 2nd day, that I rolled that thing the best. I bought it. For the first couple of days at the putting green I was actually embarassed...but, now, almost a week later I don't care.

My first round with it today, I broke 80 on a par 72 for the first time ever. I felt confident with it, and really do like it a lot.

Congrats on going with what works best for you!

I was one of those guys that just wasn't going to ever buy a Scotty Cameron putter, ever...

But, ever, came a lot sooner than I'd imagined.

I loved my Ping putter, but lately, I just never felt confident with it. Last week I actually bagged my 9 yr old daughters putter because I felt more confident with it...

I went to the local Golfsmith, and hit putters for almost an hour each of two days...day 1 I realized I liked the Scotty Futura X the most, but wanted no part of bagging a Scotty.

It was clear after the 2nd day, that I rolled that thing the best. I bought it. For the first couple of days at the putting green I was actually embarassed...but, now, almost a week later I don't care.

My first round with it today, I broke 80 on a par 72 for the first time ever. I felt confident with it, and really do like it a lot.

Dude, that's absolutely awesome. Game what works!!!

Where are the photos?!

I continue to be so grateful to Kang for his December give away that led to his Squareback landing in my hands. I never would have spent the coin to game it, as I pretty fundamentally believe so many manufacturers make really quality flat sticks (read: I'm cheap). But since I've gamed it my putting has definitely improved. Last round I had 27 putts with no 3 jacks. That's exceptionally good for me. Over and above that outlier, I'm down about 2 putts per round since switching and my variance at the high end has really stabilized.

Saw a Tour Rat in person the weekend before last and my god.... drooooollllllllllll.

I'm currently in a debate with myself. How badly do I want a 2015 Golo 3. Do I really want to move away from my naked/torched Newport that I love so much.

Think of Getting a Scotty Futura X5 to replace my #7 what are your Guys thoughts on the comparison

It really is al about feel and comfort. I've had Scottys and they're great putters, but I have been more successful with a $50 Yes! Putter. Before anyone spends that much on a putter, I would suggest looking at cheaper "copies" made with similar materials. Every company makes a blade putter, many with adjustable weights, if it's a quality made putter I know it can keep up with a Scotty.

He posted three putters in his online gallery just a bit ago. 10K for all three combined. Ha. The rat tour looks amazing. I just cant believe that all three sold out withing 15 minutes of him posting them at the price points. Must be nice!

He posted three putters in his online gallery just a bit ago. 10K for all three combined. Ha. The rat tour looks amazing. I just cant believe that all three sold out withing 15 minutes of him posting them at the price points. Must be nice!

Hey, if ya got it, spend it! hahahaha! Chromatic blue is a pretty attractive finish.

2015_A030415_scameronNP22974_main1-1436.jpg

I would gladly accept any of the three. :bananadance:

Back