Scotty Cameron putters

I have to take my hat off and say thanks to Titleist for the way they handled my X5 issue.

I got the Putter back yesterday and they replaced the head free of charge. It still had the plastic on the sole, now I just have to remember to wipe it down with some oil every now and then and keep it dry.

I have to take my hat off and say thanks to Titleist for the way they handled my X5 issue.

I got the Putter back yesterday and they replaced the head free of charge. It still had the plastic on the sole, now I just have to remember to wipe it down with some oil every now and then and keep it dry.
Did you post what happened? I never saw it.

Glad it all worked out well for you Jim. And thankfully just in time for Disney.

The Putter was new and after a couple of months it rusted / stained all over the top. I tried to clean it up with soap and water but it would not come off, sent it back to them to be buffed out (what they told me they would do) but they just replaced the head.

This is a polished Stainless steel putter with no finish on it. So evidently if it is not keep perfectly dry and oiled it will stain/rust. I talked with a few folks that have had this problem with the X5 model since most people do not oil their putter after using it.

But they took care of it for me and all it cost me was a couple of weeks and shipping. Great service IMO.

Did you post what happened? I never saw it.

The Putter was new and after a couple of months it rusted / stained all over the top. I tried to clean it up with soap and water but it would not come off, sent it back to them to be buffed out (what they told me they would do) but they just replaced the head.

This is a polished Stainless steel putter with no finish on it. So evidently if it is not keep perfectly dry and oiled it will stain/rust. I talked with a few folks that have had this problem with the X5 model since most people do not oil their putter after using it.

But they took care of it for me and all it cost me was a couple of weeks and shipping. Great service IMO.

Oil is good for bare finishes. Also if you use a gun & reel cloth to wipe it down in between rounds it will help prevent rust. I have a few around the house for different stuff and will use one to wipe down my Bettinardi after a wet round or something. Doesn't replace oil (Bettinardi isn't a bare metal finish though) but is good for a quick wipe down in between. They're cheap too:

http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Cas...2&sr=8-5&keywords=gun+cleaning+silicone+cloth

I really really want this flat stick...

Squareback%202%20Main.jpg

She's a beaut
Problem is finding one in good condition for a decent price. Part of me wants to buy a beat up one and send it to the custom shop but that's expensive!

Problem is finding one in good condition for a decent price. Part of me wants to buy a beat up one and send it to the custom shop but that's expensive!

Yea. That's gets real expensive quickly

Really starting to get this working for me now. Spring is here in Aus, Saturday was 30 degrees so 86ish F and the greens were quick. The Scotty just had the roll I wanted each time. Very happy much better now the greens are to my liking.

Really want to get an X7M in hand. First time I can say that about a specific Cameron in quite some time.

Really want to get an X7M in hand. First time I can say that about a specific Cameron in quite some time.
I saw one the other day. Looked like a #7 with a flair of Jailbird and an insert. Because that's what it is. It looked good and rolled pretty smoothly, but I'll save some dough and get an Odyssey.

I saw one the other day. Looked like a #7 with a flair of Jailbird and an insert. Because that's what it is. It looked good and rolled pretty smoothly, but I'll save some dough and get an Odyssey.

No doubt either of the Odyssey offerings will be less expensive - something about the looks of the X7M just grab me. Of course, that could all change if I get a chance to try one and don't like it.

No doubt either of the Odyssey offerings will be less expensive - something about the looks of the X7M just grab me. Of course, that could all change if I get a chance to try one and don't like it.

It's to each their own. The subtle design variations are always going to be an individual preference. I also used to rag on companies for recreating a design to their own liking, but at the end of the day, every company has done that and it's going to keep happening. May as well just enjoy the variety!

It's to each their own. The subtle design variations are always going to be an individual preference. I also used to rag on companies for recreating a design to their own liking, but at the end of the day, every company has done that and it's going to keep happening. May as well just enjoy the variety!
It's one of the things that keeps me pondering and buying new putters. Great variety and "tweaks" of some designs.

It's one of the things that keeps me pondering and buying new putters. Great variety and "tweaks" of some designs.

Yeaaaah buddy... I really don't know who started the copper insert movement, and I don't care -- I just want as many companies creating options for me as possible!!

So I kind of want to begin a search for a Newport 2

That's what I was saying and I liked how it looked. It's combining all of those designs to create something that didn't exist prior. Like I said, it rolled pretty well for me and I enjoyed the insert aspect of it.

I've gamed Camerons before and they're okay. The cream of the crop thing is more psychological than technical. I now game with a Ping, and I putt better now, but that's more of the Indian and a better fit.

Oooh good bump. I've got a Select Newport and Newport 2. Can I saw how clean the stepless shaft looks.

Probably going to go with an x5 as my gamer. Need to keep my eyes open for some older stuff in better condition. Almost had a futura phantom 2 today but iPhone malfunctioned

Back