Scotty Cameron putters

For the longest time I thought most SC owners were "elitist." I would read about how they bragged about the monetary value of their various collectible putters and headcovers, while never using them on the course just displaying them. They were investments.

It is refreshing to hear golfers on here talk about how well the putters actually work! I like my SC GoLo, it shows a little course wear, is not pampered, and rolls the ball nicely with a lot of "feel."

For the longest time I thought most SC owners were "elitist." I would read about how they bragged about the monetary value of their various collectible putters and headcovers, while never using them on the course just displaying them. They were investments.

It is refreshing to hear golfers on here talk about how well the putters actually work! I like my SC GoLo, it shows a little course wear, is not pampered, and rolls the ball nicely with a lot of "feel."
My GoLo 5 is my "old reliable". Just an overall fantastic putter. Easy to align, easy to roll.

30 putts with the Scotty today (very good for me) including six 1 putts. I really only had two bad putts - both for birdies - one left short and the other rammed past. Most everything else was a ball offline or short. Solid day with the flat stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new addition
db0d9c1e6f4fea8b126aba884ec14948.jpg

27def20e8a7032f44d302f9c88ac9868.jpg

I am no putter expert by any stretch of the imagination so what do I know? Just that I've really enjoyed this putter so far. It seems really easy to control the stroke - well balanced putter perhaps? - and distance control has been ... different. I definitely don't have any problems getting the ball to the hole with it (a common problem for me).

I've been playing a CS CB putter for a while, so this is a big change. But so far so good, and the SeeMore has been kicked out of the bag.

I'm also gaming this putter now (5 rounds total), and I'm finding the same difference that you discuss with distance control. I'm getting the ball to the hole, yesterday I had 4 lip outs. I'm hitting my lines with confidence, I just need to get used to the distance control/pace. The Newport Squareback No. 2 is replacing a Nike Method 007, which is center shafted, so it's a totally different feel. I'm happy with the change so far.

Dax

I'm also gaming this putter now (5 rounds total), and I'm finding the same difference that you discuss with distance control. I'm getting the ball to the hole, yesterday I had 4 lip outs. I'm hitting my lines with confidence, I just need to get used to the distance control/pace. The Newport Squareback No. 2 is replacing a Nike Method 007, which is center shafted, so it's a totally different feel. I'm happy with the change so far.

Dax
Very cool, glad you are enjoying it so far!

I am liking the white line more and more. I use the ball mark to designate my line, align the white line to the ball mark then make sure my feet are parallel to the white line.

Last edited:
What are some of the opinions of the dual balance? Looking into an X5 but can't decide on the DB or not

Let a decent looking mil spec pass through my fingers today because the price climbed just a bit too much for a "great deal". Would've needed to go into the shop to get reshafted since the guy cut over an inch off. Never should've sold the one I had years ago. Or my pristine original futura I once had.

What are some of the opinions of the dual balance? Looking into an X5 but can't decide on the DB or not
I have the X5 and Futura X in the DB and love both...the weight in both are awesome and really help steady the stroke IMO. But you know how personal the putter is. I sent off a Kombi S for restoration and added a shaft to 37" (they could not go to 38) and 20g of weight with DB grip. It has been gone for 50+ days and should be back this Wednesday. I can't wait to see how it turned out. Of course I am out of town until Friday! I will have the wife send me photos.

What happened to your love for the Wilson Staff new line?

It's such a personal thing that you'd have to roll one prior to buying IMO. Personally, I'm not a fan of counterbalanced putters but I've seen them do wonders for others putting.

I really liked mine. But I agree with the others - DB can really help stabilize the stroke, but like many things putter - it is personal. You definitely will want to try one out before buying.

What happened to your love for the Wilson Staff new line?

Nothing. I think I'm picking up the South Side this week. Just really am intrigued with this after rolling my buddies X5

Very cool, glad you are enjoying it so far!

I am liking the white line more and more. I use the ball mark to designate my line, align the white line to the ball mark then make sure my feet are parallel to the white line.

The white line does help.... Like I said, I'm really liking this putter, and it's not my 1st Scotty (I've gamed 2 others)

Dax

Anyone roll a Laguna 2? I'm eyeing one on the Bay and want opinions on the overall feel of this putter.

Anyone roll a Laguna 2? I'm eyeing one on the Bay and want opinions on the overall feel of this putter.
The few that I've rolled feel exactly like every other milled Zing shape.

I took the dual balance newport 2 and pulled the 50g weight. Cut it down to 36.5 with a 75g weight in the butt end. Changed the 10g weights on the sole to 20g weights and installed a cameron pistol grip. Feels good. Can't wait for the snow to melt. Worth every penny

Very nice, bavs. How did you figure out all those configurations? Are you working off a stock set up? Guestimating it?

I weighed it prior to pulling and cutting. I always have liked a slightly heavier club and the total weight remained within 5 g from before. I just used a digital scale.

Anyone interested in a Golo 5S ?

Anyone interested in a Golo 5S ?

If you are looking to sell, please start a "For Sale" thread in the Marketplace... Thanks!

image.jpg
image.jpg

This Newport Circle T has been at the Scotty Custom Shop since 1/9/15. I can't wait to see it when it finally comes back, it was in rough shape.

Dax

View attachment 19014
View attachment 19015

This Newport Circle T has been at the Scotty Custom Shop since 1/9/15. I can't wait to see it when it finally comes back, it was in rough shape.

Dax

Glad you rescued her. Please post pics when you get her back.

I've been pondering a Squareback #1 for awhile. I really like the extra deep flange on the Squarebacks and the bent shaft of the 1's look better to me than the plumbers necks on the 2's. My putter fund is pretty low right now but I'm reasonably sure that I will be posting pics of my 2nd Scotty in the next couple of months.

Glad you rescued her. Please post pics when you get her back.

I've been pondering a Squareback #1 for awhile. I really like the extra deep flange on the Squarebacks and the bent shaft of the 1's look better to me than the plumbers necks on the 2's. My putter fund is pretty low right now but I'm reasonably sure that I will be posting pics of my 2nd Scotty in the next couple of months.

I'll make sure to post pics when I get the Circle T back. I got it authenticated, with the intent to sell it.

My next restore will be this one, it was my favorite of all of the putters I've gamed.

f404a9594201d71d9566d8a5180a4a2e.jpg

9261c6952d269da2bf8a58bad35ad779.jpg

67529a1c21d43aa0ac672e51919e90b2.jpg

I also wish that I could bring this one back to life.

ed108fbe42955d1b353de422f4615de8.jpg

9bf7f83b30257df3697a8b943b94c653.jpg

8887ea41350d44e5b2f31ff9ad2eb057.jpg

Dax

View attachment 19014
View attachment 19015

Dax
that is the same day my Kombi S arrived for restoration at the Custom Shop. You should see again soon...mine is at the house waiting for my return from a trip. Can't wait to see it.

Finally returned home from traveling and got to see my Kombi S for the first time in almost two months.
c5d7df1338cc7c9cd7703f40fae7a23f.jpg
75eaba30952fea65530cccabb3d765f2.jpg
e3c7e381fc3b163f341335e2652c0be0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back