Secret Grips - Reg and Jumbo Putter Grips - THP Preview

Yep. I believe hawk reviewed the mid on the homepage last year.

Will be getting out tomorrow with these. Two putters in the bag? Normal for me hahaha

So, got out on the course and outdoor putting green with these today.

Simply put they do what they are supposed to. I know some will worry about the amount of weight but they serve as a counter-balance/backweight to the putter just as intended. As a golfer who is an adamant believer in backweighting they were pretty much second nature to use, the only acclimation was going back to a non SS style grip. Good feel in the hands, good balanced shape, the jumbo is about as jumbo as most grips, the standard is standard. Not slick in hand which is nice, and they each moved the balance point up the putter nicely.

As I said, they do what they intend to do.

Nice thoughts James, glad to hear it was a fairly seamless transition from the homemade back weighting that you're accustomed to.

Hmmm. Interesting James. Might have to go ahead a look into one of these. Will add this to the list of new grips to try out.

Really interested to hear more thoughts on these.

I bought a Big FGP Belly and cut it down to 36". With the head being 400g, I am really interested in these grips to back weight the putter. Cannot decide if I want the max weight in the jumbo or not. I really prefer a jumbo grip, so I am pondering hard. With the jumbo, I feel like the putter might be overly heavy.

Do these get installed just like any normal grip?

I've had my eye on these since I got that uncut SeeMore belly and was looking for a counterbalance option.

ninja'd by Sanzabar

I've thought about a top weighted grip like this before, but just never pulled the trigger. Looks nice, look forward to hearing if you find these better than your current weighted versions you have.

What are your thoughts on putting a jumbo on the ex-Big FGP belly? Do you think that would be entirely too heavy?

I know it is a matter of personal preference, just trying to get an idea whether to get jumbo or regular.

On the road at the moment, I'll be home here in a bit and I'll answer/elaborate for ya in the review thread! Don't want you thinking I'm ignoring.

On the road at the moment, I'll be home here in a bit and I'll answer/elaborate for ya in the review thread! Don't want you thinking I'm ignoring.

No worries buddy. I took my thoughts over to the review thread.

Thanks.

Back