SeeMore Putters Thread

That cavity area looks fantastic.

That black finish is awesome.

On a scale of 1(never) to 10 (all the time), how often do you practice putting?
I'm gonna say... 7? 10, for me, would be every day, at least twice-a-day. I was doing that when I first got started. Now it's nearly every day, usually only once-a-day, sometimes twice, and occasionally skip a day.

I joined the Seemore family with a used mFPGss. It looks well loved, but still very playable, and the price was certainly right. I’m used to “standard” sized OEM grips, so I’m not sure how I feel about the Superstroke Ultra Slim grip it came with yet. I don’t hate it though.

Something about the center shafted design just feels right to me in ways that heel shafted putters never really did. I feel like I’ll have better distance control with the Seemore once I adjust from the 420g mallet I’ve been playing.

C7E52C02-F30E-41B8-9664-765E20CAD412.jpeg
A8A20461-0FFA-4588-A15A-7FAAF8CE1ABB.jpeg
DFFB14A3-1B33-4D51-A6E2-D74703F54B9F.jpeg

I joined the Seemore family with a used mFPGss. It looks well loved, but still very playable, and the price was certainly right. I’m used to “standard” sized OEM grips, so I’m not sure how I feel about the Superstroke Ultra Slim grip it came with yet. I don’t hate it though.

Something about the center shafted design just feels right to me in ways that heel shafted putters never really did. I feel like I’ll have better distance control with the Seemore once I adjust from the 420g mallet I’ve been playing.

View attachment 8978436
View attachment 8978437
View attachment 8978439

welcome to team SeeMore.

Can a Seemore do this?

I bet it can.

Ok, I’ll admit that I didn’t believe all the hype behind RST, but after spending the last few days mat putting with my mFPG, I’m sold. RST is the real deal.

I can’t believe how well it works actually. I’ve had several putts where I thought I was lined up properly, but then just happened to notice a bit of red. I made the necessary corrections to make the red disappear and the putts went right where I wanted them to. I’m definitely going to have to spend some time reworking my setup ritual to incorporate a “red check” now.

My speed control has improved as I expected too. The mFPG is so much easier to control than my old stick. I absolutely love this putter!

I just might be a Seemore customer for life.

Ok, I’ll admit that I didn’t believe all the hype behind RST, but after spending the last few days mat putting with my mFPG, I’m sold. RST is the real deal.

I can’t believe how well it works actually. I’ve had several putts where I thought I was lined up properly, but then just happened to notice a bit of red. I made the necessary corrections to make the red disappear and the putts went right where I wanted them to. I’m definitely going to have to spend some time reworking my setup ritual to incorporate a “red check” now.

My speed control has improved as I expected too. The mFPG is so much easier to control than my old stick. I absolutely love this putter!

Well that is fun. (y)

This is usually how a SeeMorean comes to be... We can lead you to the water...but you have to take a drink. Appreciate you taking time. We are always here to help in anyway. Contact us by phone or email.

I just bought another - the price was too good to pass up.

1607798989273.png

1607799003330.png

That number on the bottom - I've always wondered, is that a serial number?

I took a putting lesson from an SPi (SeeMore trained) certified pro, and he told me that a whole lot of tour pros have an FGP that they practice with - even if they don't play with them.

What I also found out is that it took several weeks of daily practice before I could retrain my brain & eyes to line up a putt correctly each time. The pro showed me at that lesson how my setup & aim were off - a lot. I think something like 6 inches on a 10-foot putt. I set up a string line off the ground to align myself. Keep using that RST and take the time to train your eyes & you will be amazed at how much better you get.

Once you know that your alignment & aim are good, then it makes reading greens a lot easier too, because if you miss, you can be pretty sure it was due to speed & contour vs99(vs aim or stroke). I became much better at making downhill/sidehill putts - I believe as a direct result of that lesson & practicing with a SeeMore putter.

I took a putting lesson from an SPi (SeeMore trained) certified pro, and he told me that a whole lot of tour pros have an FGP that they practice with - even if they don't play with them.

What I also found out is that it took several weeks of daily practice before I could retrain my brain & eyes to line up a putt correctly each time. The pro showed me at that lesson how my setup & aim were off - a lot. I think something like 6 inches on a 10-foot putt. I set up a string line off the ground to align myself. Keep using that RST and take the time to train your eyes & you will be amazed at how much better you get.

Once you know that your alignment & aim are good, then it makes reading greens a lot easier too, because if you miss, you can be pretty sure it was due to speed & contour vs99(vs aim or stroke). I became much better at making downhill/sidehill putts - I believe as a direct result of that lesson & practicing with a SeeMore putter.

Thanks! I’ve got the Well Putt 13ft Premium putting mat. The lines on it function like your string line.

D98E54AD-0415-40F3-878F-42FD057CDBAA.jpeg

The Well Putt app has “courses“ you can play on the mat. Here’s my last score with my old putter (which was the highest I’d gotten) and my first after a couple of days with the mFPG. I only missed one of out 18 shots.

BFB12CA3-4027-4FB4-941D-C0230155EFE3.jpeg

How are you supposed to “hide the red dot”? Whenever I try a SeeMore at a store I can never hide the red dot with both eyes. If I adjust the shaft to hide the dot for my left eye then I can see the dot with my right eye. It works both ways. I’ve never been able to hide the dot for both eyes at the same time. I’m right handed, putt cross handed and am left eye dominant if that helps. Sorry if this has been discussed. Any advice? I’d like to purchase a SeeMore to add to my putter collection, but want to make sure this wouldn’t annoy me.

How are you supposed to “hide the red dot”? Whenever I try a SeeMore at a store I can never hide the red dot with both eyes. If I adjust the shaft to hide the dot for my left eye then I can see the dot with my right eye. It works both ways. I’ve never been able to hide the dot for both eyes at the same time. I’m right handed, putt cross handed and am left eye dominant if that helps. Sorry if this has been discussed. Any advice? I’d like to purchase a SeeMore to add to my putter collection, but want to make sure this wouldn’t annoy me.

I'm left eye dominant (right handed) and I just close my right eye when I line the putter up to hide the dot. I found this works best for me as I had the same issue as you.

I'm right-handed and mildly left eye dominant, but can override the later with practice. (I'm also mildly ambidextrous.) Eye dominance has sometimes been a problem for me with handgun target or shotgun clay pigeon shooting, but has never been a problem with my SeeMore RST putter. I can see how it might be if one was strongly cross-eye dominant, though.

That's interesting. I'm left eye dominant as well and haven't had any issues hiding the dot. I have the putter head positioned pretty far forward in my stance, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Maybe @seemoreputters can help you out with suggestions.

When I’ve putted with a SeeMore I found that using quick glances from the RST to the ball and back would not let me focus on the RST long enough for eye dominance to start messing with things.

Appreciate the comments above. Here are a few videos that might help. We can also discuss in detail on The Putting Couch podcast if you like. Let us know.

In the video below taken in 2013, take a look and see what Vaughn Taylor does before his first practice putt. He has done this a million times but for a new SeeMore user you might want to take your time at doing this. Vaughn raises his putter up to where it is parallel to the ground to check that the red dot is hidden. He then lowers the putter head and sees that is where his ball position needs to be. This is his way of checking himself while practicing on the putting green.

I've used SeeMore Putters off and on since 1999 - and I am right handed and left eye dominant. I have no issue hiding the dot.

Maybe you have too much forward press - take a look at this SeeMore vid from 10 yrs ago - the basics.

Back