Shaking things up - playing from the ladies tees

I played the ladies tees once. Wasnt very enjoyable because it was driver - wedge or I drove the green. Still only shot -2 on the front 9 though.

I played the ladies tees once. Wasnt very enjoyable because it was driver - wedge or I drove the green. Still only shot -2 on the front 9 though.

This is what would happen for me. Its not fun/enjoyable for me.

ive played the front tees when paired with the senior ladies
its pretty fun and makes the course completely diff
if you guys are playing driver wedge all day why not tee off with a 5 iron? you got bored because you didnt mix it up
and regardless of tips/fronts... i tend to shoot around the same scores

I almost posted in this thread 2 times and hesitated since you all are guys talking about playing shorter tees, but I will anyway. My husband switches between the senior mens and regular mens tees at our course. Our club has mostly retired members so all the scrambles and some of the tournaments (depending on the flight) are played from the senior mens tees. He likes to be familiar with both tees. Sometimes I back up to the senior mens tees when I play with him and it is fun. However, he has never moved up to the ladies tee box... hmmm....

We also have a more forward "family" tee box, but I have not played from those yet. The older people at my club thought it was a super-senior set of tees, but I told them I thought it was for kids. (Either way, it works well for shorter hitters)

we have 5 sets of tees and they all give you way diff looks at the course
the 2 back ones give you alot more forced carries

This is something I will try this season. Sounds like fun :) as long as I remember I've only played from the same tees.

Tappin' for world peace!

I play both the red and gold tees at our course depending on who I am playing with (men or women). It really helped me get better with my fairway woods by doing this last year.

Last week I shot 84 from the gold (longer) and 92 from the red the next day. There are 5 strokes difference in the ratings so I can actually lower my handicap if I played the gold all the time. It has really helped me prepare for the longer courses I play elsewhere too.

My lowest on the gold tees so far is 81 while my lowest on the red is 77. My goal is to one day break 80 on the gold. Maybe I will do it this year once my back gets better.

We sometimes play what we call rainbow golf. We have a bag with Red, Gold, White and Blue poker chips in it. We take turns drawing from the bag and thats what tees we play from on that hole. I like it because it makes the course totally different each time and you get a verity of shots to hit. Since we play our home course most of the time it gets sort of old hitting the same approach shots round after round.

We sometimes play what we call rainbow golf. We have a bag with Red, Gold, White and Blue poker chips in it. We take turns drawing from the bag and thats what tees we play from on that hole. I like it because it makes the course totally different each time and you get a verity of shots to hit. Since we play our home course most of the time it gets sort of old hitting the same approach shots round after round.

That is a great idea. We only have three sets of tee's at my course, and a few of us from time to time, will start on the back tee and move up one each hole, so in nine holes we play each tee three times. It really mixes things up a little.

thats a great idea... ill bring it up when my bros come to town next time

I have played scrambles where you play 6 holes from each teebox (red,white,blue). The catch is that you can pick which holes you play which tee boxes on. Its fun because you take reds on all the par 5s, but after that you have to start deciding which holes the length hurts you less on. It makes for great course management discussions before you head off.

Back