Yeah, wifey has Amazon prime. 200g should last how long?

Quite a while. Far longer than your can or several cans. At the beginning you will find yourself using too much cream, but as you get better at mixing, a little goes a long way. Start with a pea sized amount and a little bit of hot water and go to town. Then add more water as needed.

I have never really had a problem before but for the past few months when I shave I get razor burn and bumps bad. I have tried shaving gel, shaving in the shower, all kinds of face scrubs and things but nothing is working out for me. I cant use electric razors because my beard is too thick. Any suggestions aside from straight razor shaving (Sorry JR) would be welcomed.

Here is the answer.

That commercial gets me in stitches every time with the machete, and the alejandro part. And the tennis part.

Quite a while. Far longer than your can or several cans. At the beginning you will find yourself using too much cream, but as you get better at mixing, a little goes a long way. Start with a pea sized amount and a little bit of hot water and go to town. Then add more water as needed.

Where do you put it? (Sorry if this is dumb but have never shaved like this before)

Where do you put it? (Sorry if this is dumb but have never shaved like this before)

I have a small silver bowl I use. If you dont have a shaving bowl or cup, use a coffee mug or even your hand.

I have a small silver bowl I use. If you dont have a shaving bowl or cup, use a coffee mug or even your hand.

Ok cool. Thats what I figured, just wanted to make sure I am not totally messing this up..haha

Something that works for me is doing a quick once over with an electric shaver, then follow up with a fusion razor.

Something that works for me is doing a quick once over with an electric shaver, then follow up with a fusion razor.

Electric shavers are death for me. Might as well get a rake and just rake my face.

Electric shavers are death for me. Might as well get a rake and just rake my face.
Same here, that's why I just do a quick once over with light pressure to knock some off then follow up with the fusion.

Same here, that's why I just do a quick once over with light pressure to knock some off then follow up with the fusion.

Electric razors are not allowed in my home. They are not welcome...haha

Electric razors are not allowed in my home. They are not welcome...haha

Haha I can understand that, just thought I'd throw that out there since you asked.

Any oversized coffee mug can be converted into a nice shaving mug. You'll get more attached to your shaving mug than you might think. I like to have room to swirl the brush and work up the lather. Make sure that you work it up enough that when you lift the brush away there are still little peaks ... kind of like whipped cream. If you still see big bubbles, it'll be a little thin but that's okay, you would just work it more when applying it to your face.

I typically use my brush to get water into the mix, rather than pouring water directly into the mug. I hold the bristles in hot water for about 30 seconds, then lift out and give it a single shake. That will drop excess water, but leave enough in the bristles to make a good mix. After you've shaved, rinse the brush really well in cold water, then shake it all out. I prefer to use a brush stand so it hangs bristles down, but standing up on its base is fine too.

Shaving accessories can be almost as habit forming as golf gear.

I read this thread whilst combing my beard.

I assume you need to know how to lather, so this is my method. I am a better than average latherer, but I am no pro, so take this for what it is worth.

1. Soak brush in warm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
2. Gently shake out excess water. I find 2 or 3 gentle flicks does a good job. Creams need less water, so adjust accordingly.
3. Put a pea to almond sized amount in your bowl. This will depend on amount of water used, mineral content of water, ect. You will just have to experiment.
4. Stir vigorously with your brush, almost like using a whisk. Collect the lather periodically, and keep whipping.

Once you are done, it should be very similar in appearance to Barbasol, with no big bubbles.

I assume you need to know how to lather, so this is my method. I am a better than average latherer, but I am no pro, so take this for what it is worth.

1. Soak brush in warm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
2. Gently shake out excess water. I find 2 or 3 gentle flicks does a good job. Creams need less water, so adjust accordingly.
3. Put a pea to almond sized amount in your bowl. This will depend on amount of water used, mineral content of water, ect. You will just have to experiment.
4. Stir vigorously with your brush, almost like using a whisk. Collect the lather periodically, and keep whipping.

Once you are done, it should be very similar in appearance to Barbasol, with no big bubbles.

Thanks JR. I will definitely come back to this thread when I receive my stuff.

Np. If you find that it looks dry as you are whipping it, dip the tips of your brush in water, and go back to the bowl.

If i could, I'd pay for the ability to not ever shave again. overall I hate it

I've heard it;s not as effective on the face as it is on other parts of the body for men due to the different hair composition on the face

Laser hair removal FTW

Traditional shaving is a very relaxing process. I do it at night, that way any nicks or cuts are healed by morning, and it gets me ready for bed.
If i could, I'd pay for the ability to not ever shave again. overall I hate it

Back