Shogun - FX series

Will be tuning in. Read the books. Excited about this series.

Once we wrap up Masters of the Air this is in the queue. Looks awesome and right up my alley.

I'll be watching the episodes tonight. I've looked forward to this one. This time in history has intrigued me for a long time.

Watched the 1st episode last night and recorded the 2nd after realizing I would be dead this morning if I tried to watch the second.

So far I love the first episode and look forward to the rest of the series.

Definitely interested, will be Adding to my watch list to binge when I am home

Watched the first episode. All sorts of great and instantly brought me into the characters. I also love that it is half in Japanese and I have to pay attention to know what is going on. I can trick myself into doing other stuff and not actually knowing what is going on in a show.

I started it last night, but that was a bad idea. I was so beat, I don't even think I made it three minutes. I'm going to watch it after work today.

Finished the first I’m hooked

I am definitely going to have to get into this!

Watched the 2 episodes last night and thought it was really good! Wife mentioned that it reminded her of Game of Thrones with all the different families which I thought was a good description.

I started it last night but didn't get too far. But I have high hopes.. It seems extremely well done..

Got through the 2nd episode last evening and thoroughly enjoyed it. Like some others have mentioned, the subtitles due to the Japanese force me to actually pay attention and I like that aspect of it. I got a work call last night and when I would usually just keep the show going, I forced myself to pause and rewind so I could follow along.

I started it last night and I'm already hooked. I wish Hiroyuki Sanada would get more recognition for his work. He's excellent in every role I've seen him play.

Through episode 1, liking it so far.

Subtitles, not a fan, just for convenience sake.

Minority opinion. Watched E1 last night. Love the genre and the show is better than average, just not great...yet.

Watched episode two last night. Really setting something good up.

Started last night but wasn't able to finish - intrigued and happy they aren't doing some silly english dubbing, and letting people speak their native tongue.
I hope they go full gritty and don't shy away from the brutality of the books.

I just happen to be looking for a new thing to watch and keep seeing the commercials for this. Sounds like I should be checking this out.

I just happen to be looking for a new thing to watch and keep seeing the commercials for this. Sounds like I should be checking this out.
First two episodes are really good. Lot of setup but seems like it could be great. I think at a minimum it’s going to be a real fun action drama.

Started last night but wasn't able to finish - intrigued and happy they aren't doing some silly english dubbing, and letting people speak their native tongue.
I hope they go full gritty and don't shy away from the brutality of the books.
A couple of brutal scenes already.

Just listened to a podcast on the first two episodes. They go pretty deep on the characters. It is pretty cool if you like to go into the detail. No spoilers in the podcast.

On the website they have a bunch of detail info on the history and the timeline. This may have spoilers if you get deep into it but not on the front page.

I just bought the books because I hadn't read them yet and I need something to read with more substance. Been on Jack Reacher and books of that style which are fun but aren't huge on character development.

Back