Shogun - FX series

it's on my watchlist, can't wait to get started!
the book was great, as was much of Clavell's work but i don't remember the mini-series very well.

I’m re-watching both episodes tonight to make sure I didn’t miss anything the first go around

Through episode 1, liking it so far.

Subtitles, not a fan, just for convenience sake.
They have a version subbed in English too, I see it available on Hulu

I'm hooked on it. At first i thought the main character was Rick from the Walking Dead . he fits the role far better than the late Richard Chamberlain.

I need to watch this. I remember liking the 80's miniseries that was based on the book as well. Gonna have to check it out this weekend.

Age of Samurai on Netflix is good, if you like this and haven't seen it.

Episode 2 complete. As good as I thought EP1 was good, EP2 much better in my opinion.

Not going to lie. English dubbed version is good for a rewatch. Not bumped by the Japanese voice overs. Usually I am with anything dubbed.

This show is awesome and extremely well done!! At lot of TV can learn from watching this.

Episode 3 is dropping in 2 days

I watched the first episode and second half of the 2nd last night.

My wife was very disturbed by the guy offering to kill himself and his infant son.

I remember reading the book when I was in high school starting it in MO and just finishing it as we drove into Tucson to see my grandparents, hardly put it down. Would love to see this series, but I am tired of signing up for more and more streaming channels :(

I remember reading the book when I was in high school starting it in MO and just finishing it as we drove into Tucson to see my grandparents, hardly put it down. Would love to see this series, but I am tired of signing up for more and more streaming channels :(
Wait til the full season is loaded and do the 7 day free trail 😀

my wife and I watched both episodes so far and love it. I had to explain some of the history:background for her but it worked. I love this show because it forces you to put the phone down and just immerse yourself. It’s a welcome byproduct in this day and age

my wife and I watched both episodes so far and love it. I had to explain some of the history:background for her but it worked. I love this show because it forces you to put the phone down and just immerse yourself. It’s a welcome byproduct in this day and age
I refused to put on the overdubed because I wanted to not be looking at my phone. Sit, watch, read subtitles, and enjoy the show.

I refused to put on the overdubed because I wanted to not be looking at my phone. Sit, watch, read subtitles, and enjoy the show.
Yeah. This is the move. I rewatched on and did do the dubbed on the second rewatch. It just doesn’t watch the same. Although they did a pretty good job with it. It’s only dubbed when it’s the Japanese conversations only. If both languages were in a scene you still have Japanese and need the subtitles.

I think I'm going to wait until it's all out to start watching this.

I think I'm going to wait until it's all out to start watching this.
Hungry Netflix GIF by ThreeUK

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
So I got the books and bought the full 6 series not realizing it was different time periods in Japan’s history. The one that this show is based on is 1123 pages in relatively small print. This might be the final straw for me getting readers. From 1600 to 1979.

IMG_9140.jpeg

IMG_9141.jpeg

Episode 3 is out!

Episode 3 was good

It was so good. I was refreshing last night around 8pm hoping we would get an early release. I checked right before I was heading up to bed at 9 and it was out. Watched it last night.

It was so good. I was refreshing last night around 8pm hoping we would get an early release. I checked right before I was heading up to bed at 9 and it was out. Watched it last night.
Good to know for next week

Trying to watch the first episode and I keep getting black out spots for a second or two every 30 seconds or so and it is very annoying. Like an exaggerated blink. Other shows it does not do it on.

Back