Shot of the Year, 2013, THP Style! (Read the Rules!)

Hole 15 at TPC Sawgrass. It was my first time playing it and I probably consider it my best shot just because it was here. Hit a 3 hybrid off the tee and hooked it into the trees on the left side. It was sitting under a tree on pine-straw. I had 160ish yards in and had to hit a slight draw to get out and to the pin. I choked up on 6i, made great contact and put it about 12 feet from the pin. I even made the birdie putt!

Fixed it!

You actually have to go to "Edit Post", and then go to "Advanced". That's where you will see the Strikeout tag.

Thanks! Still can't find the strikeout tag though, is it an IE only thing?

Last edited:
Thanks! Still can't find the strikeout tag though, is it an IE only thing?
It is on the third row, third from the end. Right next to the SPOILER tag than many people can't seen to find either! hehehe

Gotta be in Advanced to see it though.

After going double bogey, bogey my quest to break 80 was slipping away. Then a 155 yd par 3 with the pin over a ridge tucked left and water left. I hit 8i to @3ft.

It is on the third row, third from the end. Right next to the SPOILER tag than many people can't seen to find either! hehehe

Gotta be in Advanced to see it though.

Ok got it Thanks!

Any shots of the year from the Morgan Cup?

I've got a shot for y'all. I was playing my match in a club championship tournament at my home course. I caught a jumper that put my ball behind the back of the green in a deep grass bunker. the pin was tucked in the back and I had little to work with, but somehow I took my 54* wedge and played a beauty of a shot that hit the green and just tracked into the hole for a birdie. It not only won the hole for me, it took the match back to all square, and I ended up winning my match 2&1. Couldn't have won without some luck!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375426722.489929.jpg

7 iron from 165

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing with Wadesworld back on July 11th. Par 4, fourth hole, 380 yards at Greystone Golf Course in Dickson, TN. Had 96 yards left for my second. Ball is on line after being struck. Lands just behind the hole, backs up to the edge and hangs there just like Tiger Woods at Augusta, then drops! Fairway celebration ensues!

y6eva7aq.jpg

Forty foot putt, downhill, with more than two feet of break, rolled to within 3 inches to make a par 3. Would have been way better to hole it, but for a guy who putts as badly as I do, I still visualize that putt for a positive reminder.

December, 2013: 450 yard par 4 9th hole at Mountain View. I hit my tee shot off a tree that kicked it out into the fairway but short, maybe 205 yards. Then I toed my hybrid second shot into the adjacent 18th fairway and was really down on myself. When I got to my ball, I saw the lie was good, but to get close to the green I'd have to hit it 210 yards draw it around a tree lining the left side of the 18th, carry over a tree on the right side of the 9th, and hopefully get it to hit something before the green or else it would shoot off to the back of the green (which would still be amazing.) Knowing my normal shot is a fade, I said to myself, "Attack the ball from the inside, and if I got it turning back to the left, I've got a shot." Took my 19° hybrid, gave it a ride, and watched the ball do exactly what I wanted it to. Made it around the first tree, watched it carry very high over the second row of trees, and dropped down onto the right side of the green, and I was ecstatic. Then I watched it kick off a bump and roll onto the green, 8' from the cup. Two putt for bogey, but absolutely the best shot I've hit in memory in terms of seeing how to get out, knowing it would take some shot-shaping, and making it happen. Getting a favorable kick was icing on the cake.

Last edited:
You think any of us are going to talk about that before coverage airs?

Oh yeah, haha. Hopefully there will be some afterwards!

I was talking about in the villas during the evening! hehehe

I had one from the MC match against Amol and Jake. It's one of the best shots I've hit in my life. Was not on camera though.

I did have another really good one from a practice round with dcbrad and WCBM. 18 at True Blue I was in the waste bunker on the right side, about 155-160 to the pin which was middle back on the left. Tim had gone up to apologize to the group in front that we icejacked. Without really being able to see, brad told me to aim at the birdhouse and hit a little draw that I had been playing all day. With a group of THPers on the balcony I pulled it off, it started at the birdhouse and drew back to the green, hit on the downslope rolled out some 8 feet and ended up about 15 feet to the hole.

Par 3 at Shamrock Hills just outside of Greenwood, MO. 167 yard. I hit a nice easy 5 iron and it was drawing right to the middle of the green. It actually hit toward the front of the green and I lost it in the dappled shadows. My friend starts yelling that he thought it went in the hole!! Then he side steps and said he could see it just behind the flag. We get up there and I'm about a foot or so away. Still nice coming that close to a HIO.

177 yds approach - Nickent 4 hybrid wound up 2" from pin. Definitely my shot of the year.

In a school golf match it was the last hole of the day and I was playing terrible out of nowhere it started pouring as I got to the green I needed to make a 50 putt to meet my goal and to win. It was out of the movies. I roll it it brakes 5 feet left and takes a what feels-like-forever path to center cup and I fall to my knees in the rain. One of the most cool/badass moments in my golf career.

Hit a good drive then hit a 105 pw slight draw on to a green that sloped left to right, spun it back a few feet and it rolled to 2 feet for tap in birdie.

Man I hit 2 shots at the MC that were killer.

So. Par 5, yanked my drive. (Black Line) left me with almost 270 over the woods to the green. It was slightly downhill and sitting up nicely. I pulled out my 3w and absolutely crushed a nice draw to the fringe on the front. (white line). Looking at it again I still can't believe it. It was. Clutch shot to make birdie when I needed it.

I felt it would be tough to explain without the picture.

My drive on number one at true blue on Sunday morning. Freddie said he clocked it at 360 yards.

My drive on number one at true blue on Sunday morning. Freddie said he clocked it at 360 yards.

Ive heard it was 360 and 335 either way a freaking bomb

Holy mother of long bombers. That's in the Charleston area code. Hope to see it next weekend during the coverage perhaps!

Back