Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes Gavin Dear from Shot Scope to the show to talk about Shot Scope data, collection of it and devices that make it easier.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Gavin joins the show to talk about the world of Shot Scope data collection, and a whole lot more. This episode has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Gavin Dear goes Off Course.

Untitled-8-1024x692.jpg

Episode 87 is here and Dan and Gavin discuss the following...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excited to hear from Gavin again and gain sone more insight on the V3 I'll be using next season!

Looking forward to listening.

For the first time in my life I can’t wait to drive to work. At this point I’m pretty much sold on changing over to Shot Scope and the only question is now or just before handicap season opens.

For the first time in my life I can’t wait to drive to work. At this point I’m pretty much sold on changing over to Shot Scope and the only question is now or just before handicap season opens.
I think they have some good deals thru Dec. 31st, if that has any bearing. Plus discount at Budget Golf brings it down quite a bit.

I think they have some good deals thru Dec. 31st, if that has any bearing. Plus discount at Budget Golf brings it down quite a bit.
Yeah. That’s definitely swaying me to the do it early side. The only issue is feeling like I bought it to sit in the corner for a few months.

Listening now, million shots a week.. good God.

Also, I remember that Nona meeting. I had no idea what I saw then was gonna be so crazy for my game.

Great talk. Love the honesty about V1 from Gavin, and great to hear how far they've come!

Good episode. I will fully admit that the size/design of the earlier V1 & V2 turned me off and I haven't really considered Shot Scope if/when I move to on course tracking (I'm still an Apple Watch + 18 Birdies guy). This episode has me rethinking that and I'll definitely give the V3 a look.

Look forward to listening to the podcast. I also have a V3 on the way and am looking forward to learning more!

Had Irn Bru one time. I think we got our soft drinks way better to say the least. Sorry @GavinwithaR1

This is one that is a must listen for me since I won the day one prize! Can’t wait to get home and turn it on.

Can't wait to listen! This plus my post yesterday has me thinking and getting hyped for the Shot Scope Data Experience!

Hey @Canadan did you feel a little vulnerable when Gavin asked about a very specific shot that went in the water?

This is timely because I’m trying to bond with my V3. I usually have four or five shots per round that I’ve missed somehow but I love all the pertinent data! Thanks @Canadan and @GavinwithaR1

Hey @Canadan did you feel a little vulnerable when Gavin asked about a very specific shot that went in the water?

haha sort of.. It was a really good shot with my 9 iron that got absolutely eaten up by the wind. I was more impressed than anything else that he immediately isolated it haha

So much data talk. :oops:

FOMO with my g3 and not getting the v3. 😕

haha sort of.. It was a really good shot with my 9 iron that got absolutely eaten up by the wind. I was more impressed than anything else that he immediately isolated it haha
It's just amazing the amount of data they collect and analyze. I love digging in, so looking forward to getting shots in the system and also looking forward to the enhancements they have coming.

Crazy how far it's come in 2 years. Wow

Almost half the size of the v2??
🤯

Us mere mortals can't hit a 3i @Canadan

I have listened to the beginning of this so far. It has me thinking about diving in on this. I like the small size of the tracking tags. Reading the details it sounds like I don't have to carry or look at my phone for it to work is that correct? I wear reading glasses and I can see my Apple watch or my Garmin G10 but reading the phone can be tough. If it works automatically and I can look at stats later on my phone or online I think I am definitely in for next year.

Back