Show Us Your Swing

Is it just me or does that woman play a driver with a crazy stiff tip? I keep expecting it to flex at the top and it just.. doesn't.

Everyone's seen my swing. I post it all over the Live Round Thread, because I hate it, but it's what works for my body so I figure if I see it and share it enough I'll eventually be okay with it.

Ummmm. Yeah. About that. You can go well under par with irons only. If you hate it, I cannot help you my friend. Here’s my ugly ass swing with my fat boy body. I’ve dropped 40 since this.

Ahh hell with it. I don’t wanna relearn how to post a video. If you really want to be frightened PM and I’ll figure it out. :(

Easy video tip for an older fella? I see new people have figured it out. So it’s possible.

Ummmm. Yeah. About that. You can go well under par with irons only. If you hate it, I cannot help you my friend. Here’s my ugly ass swing with my fat boy body. I’ve dropped 40 since this.

Ahh hell with it. I don’t wanna relearn how to post a video. If you really want to be frightened PM and I’ll figure it out. :(
Easy video tip for an older fella? I see new people have figured it out. So it’s possible.

No one loves their swing, and at the time of that post mine probably looked a little different than it does now. Gotta work with what the body gives you at the time, as you know.

I stopped being able to use the forum feature on my devices about a year ago and just upload them to YouTube now and use the media insert just left of the GIPHY to paste the links.

View attachment 8978095
Kind of been retooling my swing the last part of this year to make a more repeatable swing instead of just swinging "hard".
View attachment 8978094
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need more help; i.e. you wasted time "retooling" and aren't getting results. Someone should be checking what you're working on, because right now, you have a huge sway that is an easy fix, but the lack of turn is causing you to have to chop across the ball and come over the top. The turn is also an easy fix, and the pivot down and impact are simple too...all of which we can do remotely, mostly with you doing the work in your house/garage.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need more help; i.e. you wasted time "retooling" and aren't getting results. Someone should be checking what you're working on, because right now, you have a huge sway that is an easy fix, but the lack of turn is causing you to have to chop across the ball and come over the top. The turn is also an easy fix, and the pivot down and impact are simple too...all of which we can do remotely, mostly with you doing the work in your house/garage.

I appreciate it, those are 2 things we are working on. I guess for reference I should have posted my before swing. Very armsy, lots of sway, over swinging etc. Working on minimizing all those negative attributes, some times they still pop up, but they aren't present in every swing, unlike before.

I appreciate it, those are 2 things we are working on. I guess for reference I should have posted my before swing. Very armsy, lots of sway, over swinging etc. Working on minimizing all those negative attributes, some times they still pop up, but they aren't present in every swing, unlike before.

Curious how long you've been working on these issues? It's hard during the season, I get it. Now that it's the off season, it's prime time to make some changes. How we operate is that we don't let you move forward if you can't perfect something....so in your case, I wouldn't put a club in your hands until we fixed that sway and got you to pivot properly without a club first (the club makes you do weird things and make compensations). Then, we wouldn't start working on the downswing until we got you a better structure at the top and a full turn.

In order to accomplish those things, you'd have to do Reps at home without a club, then slowly add a club.

You're probably looking at a few weeks to get the pivot and backswing sorted out, and then a few months to perfect the pivot and impact. Then once season starts, we can switch to short game so you can keep working these things and keep scoring well. 💪

It's work, but well worth it in the end.

Curious how long you've been working on these issues? It's hard during the season, I get it. Now that it's the off season, it's prime time to make some changes. How we operate is that we don't let you move forward if you can't perfect something....so in your case, I wouldn't put a club in your hands until we fixed that sway and got you to pivot properly without a club first (the club makes you do weird things and make compensations). Then, we wouldn't start working on the downswing until we got you a better structure at the top and a full turn.

In order to accomplish those things, you'd have to do Reps at home without a club, then slowly add a club.

You're probably looking at a few weeks to get the pivot and backswing sorted out, and then a few months to perfect the pivot and impact. Then once season starts, we can switch to short game so you can keep working these things and keep scoring well. 💪

The "first" video was taken earlier this year for the Bridgestone fitting. That is basically what my swing has looked like since I started. This year I really hit a stride about mid-season, Shooting a personal best. Shortly after, I mentally lost my swing. So I'd say late September/ October? With 2-3 30min lessons in that time frame. Thanks for your time! Chronologically, the 2nd & 3rd videos(the ones I posted first) are from mid Nov.

With that criteria it would be 2037 before I would get to swing with a club 😆

Sorry, didn't get a chance to get to the range today, therefore I don't have a clip of my 130 mph club head speed. But I was curious Matt, what are your credentials?

Sorry, didn't get a chance to get to the range today, therefore I don't have a clip of my 130 mph club head speed. But I was curious Matt, what are your credentials?

Our Backgrounds: Tim has been teaching golf for a couple of decades, first for GolfTec (until he determined that their model was severely damaged and just didn't work for players), and now for Golf in Motion Chicago and True Motion Golf. Tim has a degree in teaching and advanced biomechanics from the Golf Academy of the South. Tim coaches several high level juniors and collegiate players out of his Chicago studio. I started in the golf business in 2003 where I ran the club fitting department for Golfsmith Chicago, and started teaching with Tim in 2014. I'm also currently working with one of the world's premier club fitters to launch a new club fitting platform, all online.

How True Motion Golf came about: In 2015, we launched a test group online golf program using a workout styled training program to have golfers get better (mostly at home) using small micro motions and stacking them on top of each other. We coupled that training with on coarse and short game practice plans to help a group golfers improve dramatically within a 90-day time frame (think P90X, but for golf). This initial program and lessons learned in the test group evolved into what we've built for True Motion Golf and we're excited to be launching very soon. There is nothing like it out there. We already have some THPers signed up and they're making some huge changes, and those guys haven't even been on the website yet, just working with us remotely. 💪

Last week or so

Last edited:
Ah what the heck, roast it :LOL:

So you worked at Golfsmith? Now you're a swing coach and are charging people money for a virtual academy? What a crock of ****.
Unfortunately, you must have missed the point where I said I've been teaching with Tim since 2014.

I see that you're new to the forum, so maybe you don't understand how it works, so I'll let your ignorance slide...Please do not troll people, and keep the comments constructive.

Back