Show Us Your Swing

I didn't ask about Tom. I asked what your credentials were. Golfsmith.

Let's try to remember the THP Way and treat people with a bit of kindness.

You may not like the methods or the person, and that's fine, you can skip those threads or be a bit more tactful. Much appreciated.

Imagine a fat Jim Furyk. See, no need to post mine.

Last week or so

Looks like you have some hip slide and a little early release that is robbing you of speed...With your athleticism, you should easily be in the 110 plus range for swing speed my man...💪

Another candidate for longer clubs, and some offseason work...a bit too bent over at Setup, causes you to come over the top and come out of your spine inclination.
Interesting, so more upright in the upper body at set-up? Just got new irons that are +1" which is what the ones in that video were as well. Can you lengthen irons further or is it one shot only? Getting a consistent set-up is definitely something I want to work on this offseason.

I'm afraid, no mortified, to post mine. It's Bad, with a capital B.

Interesting, so more upright in the upper body at set-up? Just got new irons that are +1" which is what the ones in that video were as well. Can you lengthen irons further or is it one shot only? Getting a consistent set-up is definitely something I want to work on this offseason.
They may still work, you just had a bent over from the waist look that could be alleviated with more rounding of the upper spine and standing taller at SetUp.

there he is!! My swing critique for you? Your shirt is untucked. :ROFLMAO:

haha the staff Proto shirt shrunk a tad and it’s hard to keep tucked.

Looks like you have some hip slide and a little early release that is robbing you of speed...With your athleticism, you should easily be in the 110 plus range for swing speed my man...💪

That’s nice to hear haha. I’ll work on a better turn vs slide. Trying to get that speed.

this was from a few months back

i feel like there might be a slight sway, slight, and i dont get a full turn one would probably ask for. but i think overall its good imo. idk.

One of the best transitions I’ve seen so far. I’d like to see you stand taller and have less knee flexion at address...will help that awesome transition even more
thank you, and i believe your correct on standing a little taller, i think that goes back to me saying i need to do a fitting, i think i need irons an inch or 2 longer.
which then makes me wonder about one length irons but jeez my head is all over the place with irons right now..

i feel like there might be a slight sway, slight, and i dont get a full turn one would probably ask for. but i think overall its good imo. idk.
Yeah didn’t want to be too hard on you. 🤪You also take back a little inside and get long at the top because you’re a little wristy which causes a slight tug on the handle. If you fixed your setup and structure at the top, boy that would be a sick swing my man. 💪💪

Sway is tough to see from DL. Send face on to me. DM and I’ll shoot u my #

Sway is tough to see from DL. Send face on to me. DM and I’ll shoot u my #
ill go through what ive got at home and see if theres anything straight on, getting anything new probably wont happen though as im in winter months.

Let’s see if this works...
View attachment 8978468
Love the huge turn you're getting 💪But your balance points must be off (need to see DL) because you lose all your angles, stand up (EE), and release the club way too early, costing yourself a ton of speed, trajectory and accuracy. My guess is you're on your toes. You get that good turn like DJ, but he is a freak of nature and stays in his shot because he's able to offset his poor balance points using his right foot as an anchor, but that's a guess.

You could also just need a little work on your Pivot Down and Impact and Release to get you hitting it further. Looks like you're having to slide to square up the club which is a reaction to your poor SetUp.

dtl mid iron from a couple lessons ago.

View attachment 8978483

and a fo driver swing from that lesson.

View attachment 8978484

didn’t get a full swing vid from the last lesson. we’re getting together this week as well and will repost if he sends me a move in motion. we’ve been working on maintaining space in the lower body, more smoothness in the transition, and trying to get more wrist set at the top.
Looks awesome @McLovin I'd like to see you get that face a little more shut to align with your back line starting at P5 to P6...then if you open you chest around P5.5 or so, you'll have less face manipulation through the ball (more consistency). If we could combine your footwork with mine, we'd be golden...you're a touch flat footed just after impact. Rotating the chest open more like I mentioned would help this. Overall, really frickin solid move my man 💪

Here’s what I’m working with. Apologies for the super slow motion!
View attachment 8978485
Not bad at all...Like @McLovin you could use to add a little left wrist flexion to shut the face more. That would then help you not have to throw some angles and retain some speed. I would also like to see you try to keep that right arm straight to the top of the back swing (it's a FEEL)...that will help you better rotate and keep some good depth, alleviating a slight pull down. Face being open and your lack of depth cause that early release. Pretty solid though...some slight tweaks will make huge difference. 💪

Back