A paint pen might be better than a Sharpie.

I tried it, and it was quite annoying, I ended up buying the testors paint in flat white and it looked a butt load better.

I also had tried white out, but it gummed up all nasty later

I'd have to say I'm a little late for the discussion, but I'd encourage the paint pen.

personally, I would never make a friend pay to buy me a whole new club. After all, the key word is "friend" and I don't see a point in getting all bitter over an accident. Sure I'd have em help me, but buy a new club? That's a little extreme for friends. After all, aren't you also responsible for the sky mark? If a person lets someone else use their club and doesn't tell them they need to buy a new one if they sky it they can't expect them to buy a new one.

i don't see how you can encourage or consider making a friend pay for a new club for a mistake, it really should just be a simple fix among friends.

I'd have to say I'm a little late for the discussion, but I'd encourage the paint pen.

personally, I would never make a friend pay to buy me a whole new club. After all, the key word is "friend" and I don't see a point in getting all bitter over an accident. Sure I'd have em help me, but buy a new club? That's a little extreme for friends. After all, aren't you also responsible for the sky mark? If a person lets someone else use their club and doesn't tell them they need to buy a new one if they sky it they can't expect them to buy a new one.

i don't see how you can encourage or consider making a friend pay for a new club for a mistake, it really should just be a simple fix among friends.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I wasn't trying to put emphasis on my friend doing it, but more trying to see how to fix it. I wouldn't make him pay for anything unless he was buying the club off of me.

Post a pic if you can. If the paint is still ok, some scratch/swirl remover that you'd use on a car can do the trick. I used it on my RBZ Driver.

I cleaned it up and it's looking better. I haven't tried painting it yet. Sorry don't have a pic of it at it's worst.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That is an awful sky mark.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's bad!

Looking rugged, rough tough and macho! I'd stick with it. My wife would probably call it shabby chic and pay double for it....:banghead:

That looks like more than just a couple of sky marks there? Surely they weren't all done by your friend in a couple of shots?

yea that's definitely more than a few shots high. It doesn't look like any of them are particularly large or wide so it should cover nicely with some flat touch up paint. Put a PUP on there after drying and I'm betting it'll be hardly noticeable.

yea that's definitely more than a few shots high. It doesn't look like any of them are particularly large or wide so it should cover nicely with some flat touch up paint. Put a PUP on there after drying and I'm betting it'll be hardly noticeable.

OK, I'll try. I should get around to painting it within the next week probably.

That looks like more than just a couple of sky marks there? Surely they weren't all done by your friend in a couple of shots?

After a round and a range session about 3/4 of them were from him. The deep ones were. I think I've skied maybe 2 with it. I rarely tee it up with the hybrid.

I cleaned it up and it's looking better. I haven't tried painting it yet. Sorry don't have a pic of it at it's worst.

attachment.php

If he did that, I would make him buy you a new club.

If he did that, I would make him buy you a new club.

I'm gonna try fixing it first, but if that doesn't work, I might take some sort of action. Also, where can I buy PUP's?

I'm gonna try fixing it first, but if that doesn't work, I might take some sort of action. Also, where can I buy PUP's?
I buy them on Amazon.com

Also, if you want something that will match the paint of that, try this; http://www.plastidip.com/

Get the white spray. It's nice, because it holds well, but it isnt actually paint. If you mis-spray, you can always peel it off and start over. It forms a nice bond with whatever you spray it to, but like I said, it isnt paint. Works great on the TM white clubs.

I buy them on Amazon.com

Also, if you want something that will match the paint of that, try this; http://www.plastidip.com/

Get the white spray. It's nice, because it holds well, but it isnt actually paint. If you mis-spray, you can always peel it off and start over. It forms a nice bond with whatever you spray it to, but like I said, it isnt paint. Works great on the TM white clubs.

Thanks! If the stuff I get at Michael's doesn't work, then this is what I'll get.

Thanks! If the stuff I get at Michael's doesn't work, then this is what I'll get.
You can buy Plasti-Dip at Home Depot. $5 a can.

Just tried some scratch remover polish stuff. Cleaned up the really small ones, but the deep ones need paint.

Just catching up with ya the Case, I have one about that deep in my 5 wood that I got from catching one fat at the range. Let me know how the paint/plastidip works out for you, because I'll probably go this route to fix mine. I still smoke the ball with it, so I'm not worried about the performance, just like having my stuff look nice.

As far as friends go, unless they're better than me, they don't hit my clubs. Even then accidents happen and would want them to feel obligated to buy me a new club for skying it. Had it happened to me I don't think I could make my friends pay for a new club. I would be irritated absolutely, but not to the point to ask for money from a friend​ for a new one.

Just catching up with ya the Case, I have one about that deep in my 5 wood that I got from catching one fat at the range. Let me know how the paint/plastidip works out for you, because I'll probably go this route to fix mine. I still smoke the ball with it, so I'm not worried about the performance, just like having my stuff look nice.

As far as friends go, unless they're better than me, they don't hit my clubs. Even then accidents happen and would want them to feel obligated to buy me a new club for skying it. Had it happened to me I don't think I could make my friends pay for a new club. I would be irritated absolutely, but not to the point to ask for money from a friend​ for a new one.

Yeah, same here. As I posted earlier my goal wasn't to throw my friend under the bus. I'm really just trying to know how to fix it. I'm not gonna charge a friend money. After all, I'm the one who let them hit it. I do think that the idea to only let them hit clubs off the deck is a good idea that I read earlier.

Back