TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
I was playing with my friend today and he was looking to get a new hybrid. He asked to hit my RBZ hybrid on a 200 yard par 3. Well, he tees it up really high and puts a very noticeable sky mark on it. (Like, very distracting from address big) I let him hit it some more and he got a bit under it a bit, but not as bad. Is there a way to fix this? I don't think that this belongs in the Paint fill section since it's not really a fill. Any Help?

attachment.php

Last edited:
There is a website I think it is golfpaint.com. They have touch up paint and tm white.

Perhaps a compound of some sort to try and buff it out? I've been able to remove some scuffs with a metal polish, but I guess it depends how bad it is.

I'd have him buy you a new one.

I feel your pain. I had a very minor scrape on the top of my rbz hybrid. However I picked up a sharpee brand white paint pen and it worked perfectly

Ask him to buy you a new one he sctewed it up.

I refuse to let anyone hit my clubs with tees. Swing away off the deck, but I'm not taking any risks with tees.

Why should you live with a botched club or have to repair it yourself when it won't look perfect anymore? I'd have him fix the situation.

THPing on Tapatalk

I refuse to let anyone hit my clubs with tees. Swing away off the deck, but I'm not taking any risks with tees.

Why should you live with a botched club or have to repair it yourself when it won't look perfect anymore? I'd have him fix the situation.

I guess he needs two new hybrids now.

THPing on Tapatalk

THPing on Tapatalk

If the paint has not been damaged a Mr Clean Magic Eraser will remove the black or scuff marks

Does it have a dent or is it just scratched? If its just scratched, you should be able to touch it up and then buff it to blend the paint in and youd never ever know it happened.
If its dented, Id make him buy you a new club because Id be concerned that the club wont perform like it should. A couple years ago I let a friend try my Mizuno MP-630 driver and sure enough, he hit a popup and the top the club had a big dent on it. I told him not to worry about it but the club was never as long after that and it had a different sound at impact. It wasnt long before I replaced it with a new driver.

I will let anyone hit any of my clubs, but I do have one rule...if you sky it, you buy it.

Ouch, sorry to hear this. This is the one reason why, given my current golf skill, I very rarely take up other people's offer to try out their clubs. When I do, I will never tee it up.

That stinks, dude. I really hesitant to let other people use my clubs for that exact reason.

Mine has a couple very small ones from one bad drive I hit - I just got a black sharpie and colored them in. I have to do it every once in a while but no big deal and I like to keep my clubs looking nice.

Have him repair it for you. That's why I don't like my friends using my stuff

I immediately put some pop up protectors on my new hybrids as soon as I took them out of the package last night! The guys at the place I picked them up from were all looking at me weird because I just sat at the range with these sticker things messing with my clubs. On a side note, I LOVE that I can take the heads off with a wrench. Makes applying PUPs so much easier.

That's why I don't like my friends using my stuff

I have a couple of friends who tease me about it. I never let them hit my clubs. One guy frequently goes after it and he'll put idiot marks on clubs at a moment's notice. Another swings like Charles Barkley. They always give me crap about wanting to hit my clubs and how I'm being selfish or whatever. They think I'm weird. I'm pretty certain they'd pay me for repair or replacement if they eff it up, but I don't want to be in that position because I don't want to take money from friends and I don't want to live with others' idiot marks on my clubs.

I immediately put some pop up protectors on my new hybrids as soon as I took them out of the package last night! The guys at the place I picked them up from were all looking at me weird because I just sat at the range with these sticker things messing with my clubs. On a side note, I LOVE that I can take the heads off with a wrench. Makes applying PUPs so much easier.

I have a couple of friends who tease me about it. I never let them hit my clubs. One guy frequently goes after it and he'll put idiot marks on clubs at a moment's notice. Another swings like Charles Barkley. They always give me crap about wanting to hit my clubs and how I'm being selfish or whatever. They think I'm weird. I'm pretty certain they'd pay me for repair or replacement if they eff it up, but I don't want to be in that position because I don't want to take money from friends and I don't want to live with others' idiot marks on my clubs.

Yeah I see what you mean, but on the other hand, golf clubs aren't cheap. One thing I can think of is buying testors flat white paint and filling it in, the finish might be a tiny bit rough but at least it will look better.

There's also the guy who went to Home Depot with his R11 and had the paint guy match the paint colors for him

OK, I think that I'll try a white Sharpie. Considering my friend and I are both teenagers and he doesn't have a job, I don't think that I'll make him pay for it. The only club that I'd lose sleep over a sky mark on is my RBZ Stage 2 3 wood. I'll try Sharpie and see how it goes. Thanks.

OK, I think that I'll try a white Sharpie. Considering my friend and I are both teenagers and he doesn't have a job, I don't think that I'll make him pay for it. The only club that I'd lose sleep over a sky mark on is my RBZ Stage 2 3 wood. I'll try Sharpie and see how it goes. Thanks.

A paint pen might be better than a Sharpie.

put up some before/after pics if you can. Want to see how it goes.

I have a sky mark too on my R1. I used the Elmer Painters Pen. I still notice it when I look closely but not at address anymore.

put up some before/after pics if you can. Want to see how it goes.

I will. No problem. It might be a bit though. Got a lot going on.

If he wants a hybrid, what I'd do is have him get you the new one then give him the one he skied.

Back