Skyline is a chain of restaurants.
They also happen to sell their chili in the freezer section and canned section. I wouldn't compare white castle burgers in the freezer to that of picking some up, but they are technically the same.

That makes sense. I had never even heard of Skyline till THP.

To make sure Texans know what good chili mac tastes like.
What self respecting Texan is eating chili mac? That just sounds like ruining two great things in Chili and Mac n' cheese.

Last edited:

Both my parents were Kentuckians and I also have family in Cincy. Never been to a Skyline’s but I was raised on Cincinnati Chili and while it’s really not ‘chili’ in a classic sense, it’s damn good. I have been using this recipe for years and usually double up on the spices. Go ‘all the way’.

You’re welcome.

I said that correctly. No one likes Columbus.

*I miss the John Cooper Era. ?

It's been 3,386 days since Xichigan beat tOSU to be exact!:p

I would just consider it spaghetti with meat sauce and then it might be ok to eat. Might. Probably not though.

On second thought...

I would just consider it spaghetti with meat sauce and then it might be ok to eat. Might. Probably not though.

On second thought...

Right on!

It's a weak effort at chili and spaghetti sauce.

It is Greek bolognese sauce. A version of Makaronia Me Kima.

They call it chili I assume because "chili on spaghetti" sounds simpler and chili spaghetti was a thing anyway.

Have you guys tasted real Cincinnati chili? I have to think not. It is served over spaghetti but it is nothing like spaghetti and meat sauce. Authentic Cincy chili is really, really good.

They call it chili I assume because "chili on spaghetti" sounds simpler and chili spaghetti was a thing anyway.

The spice profile and use of chocolate is totally different - no similarity in taste imho.

Have you guys tasted real Cincinnati chili? I have to think not. It is served over spaghetti but it is nothing like spaghetti and meat sauce. Authentic Cincy chili is really, really good.

chili over spaghetti is nothing like chili over spaghetti?

Do you use cinnamon, cloves, allspice, bay leaves, and chocolate in your spaghetti sauce?

Have you tasted Cincy Chili? Trust me - it is a unique taste....Man you guys are missing out - I have a tear in my eye...I am all up in my Cincy chili feels...

Do you use cinnamon, cloves, allspice, bay leaves, and chocolate in your spaghetti sauce?

Have you tasted Cincy Chili? Trust me - it is a unique taste....Man you guys are missing out - I have a tear in my eye...I am all up in my Cincy chili feels...

so it's a mole sauce, served over spaghetti.

still not seeing it.

I like virtually everything about Cincinnati. I'm a Reds and Bengals fan. I look going there for various things.

The 1 thing I hate about Cincinnati is this thing they call "chili."

The chocolate is unsweetened and just adds a subtle flavor, not anything overwhelming. This is definitely a regional comfort food. I can’t speak to Skyline, I’m just referencing the dish in general. I hope some one will try the recipe I linked... and go heavy on the spices :)

You can always tell the ones that don't venture out much :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did scoff at the bbq place in Indy I was forced to go to when they suggested the breaded pork tenderloin sammich as their specialty. I'll be damned if it's wasnt delicious. I'll be kind and not mention their ribs or brisket though, lol.

Whatevs @JB:hello:

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I've never had it, but I like spaghetti and I like chili. I'd try it, and just eat it for what it is rather than trying to envision it as actual chili.

But then again, I'm the guy who loves peanut butter on hamburgers.

1618605942434.png
1618606005561.png
And we cannot forget the coneys.

Can’t knock it till you try it, Coney’s are my usual go to but can’t go wrong with the 4 way with onions dry.

Technically I can't confirm all of the above post BUT is is a Greek recipe and it is nothing like Texas Chilli. In fact, once people get over the fact it is not Chilli in a traditional sense it is so good. Certainly not low cal nor good on the heart:love:

We have a chain as well called BlueAsh Chilli I die for the 6-way. the 6th item is deep fried jaelpena peppers. Toss some franks hot sauce on top and have at it. But warm up with the Coney first.

signed, someone who did his youth in Austin

p.s. I make Texas style chilli most every month all winter.

Back